• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! I have a question about the expiration of my prescribed Ketamine rapid dissolve tablet

untranslatable

Greenlighter
I have some Ketamine RDTs that were prescribed to me, but they expired in April.

When I first got them, they were all pure white. But now, a few of them have become a bit speckled with little dots. I was wondering what is causing the change in color, and if it would probably still be OK and non-toxic to consume.

Not all of them have the speckles, and I took one of the ones that was still pure white. Actually, that one was precribed even earlier and expired in Jan. 2023, but was still white. But the ones that expired in April have speckles. My experience taking it was great and felt like a normal ketamine experience.

I have attached a pic of the RDTs in question (). What do you think? What could have caused the change? Possibly a degradation of one of the binders?

I just want to know if you think it is reasonably safe to consume.

Let me know. Thanks.

The ketamine will not have degraded. Don’t know what your compounding pharmacy used, but it’s probably fine. You could call the people and ask what they bind their stuff with.

What is an RDT?

The ketamine will not have degraded. Don’t know what your compounding pharmacy used, but it’s probably fine. You could call the people and ask what they bind their stuff with.

What is an RDT?
I called the pharmacy and they were almost laughing at me because I was considering taking them. They just kept repeating that they can't advise that I take them since they are expired.

And RDT means rapid dissolve tablet.

I am aware that the ketamine probably hasn't degraded, but I'm just concerned that some of the filler may have become toxic, and that's why it's changing colors.

If you were me, would you try it?

If I were you, that ketamine wouldn’t have lasted a month let alone through summer. I’m not a medical professional, but how bad could it be?

Edit: I would 100% eat it without thinking twice.

Edit 2: How have you been storing them? If something is expired, toss it. Expired drugs? I don’t know if that’s real. I took some gels from many summers ago (like 12) and it was fine. Up to you. They dissolve on your mouth so if the taste is off, just spit it out. I’m not giving out great HR advice. Apologies.

Edit 3: They were likely nearly laughing because it’s safe. They aren’t going to put a binder in there that is going to mold. Right? If it were me, I’d say go for it.

Last edited:
Did a quick search, and ketamine seems quite stable, so it should be safe to consume. I was seeing something about UV degradation products, so in future, maybe try and keep in the dark.

"No significant absolute ketamine degradation, or trends in degradation, occurred in any environment at any time point." result of a 6 month degradation study.

The excipients have likely oxidized, causing the colour change. The ketamine itself should still be stable.