• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

I have a high adderall tolerance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven10090

Greenlighter
I've been taking a 20mg xr once a day on weekdays since about October and I do abuse it sometimes but I've noticed that adderall doesn't really affect me anymore. It keeps me awake but high doses like 100mg+ don't give me the adderall high like euphoria. How long without adderall do you think I should go to get that high back with a lower or much lower dose? Could I still use it during the week and still lower my tolerance because its really the only thing that keeps me awake at school?

Amphetamine is a sacrement and should never be abused if you have any inclination towards academic success.

I've been battling tolerance for the past several years. It is a total love hate relationship, but the 12.5 mg in my system right now is awesome. If you truly have ADHD, then you can take adderall and other amphetamine types for what is essentially your entire lifespan. Its proven to be safe, and remain effective because the DA receptors in your prefrontal cortex don't build tolerance in the same fashion as the mesolimbic system. Basically, you should take it strictly for focusing -- the appetite suppression, energy, and motivation are a ticking time clock.

I take 20 mg of memantine daily now and try to keep my amp doses conservative, and centered around my job. I took 40 of memantine once upon a time, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.