• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I have a heart problem called Tricuspid Atresia. Can LSD cause serious harm?

MustardLies

Greenlighter
So basically I have a rare heart disease called Tricuspid Atresia. I have certain limitations but they aren't as bad as one could assume. Basically I can't play sports like football and soccer that are physically draining on my energy (I can play with my friends and stuff but can't be in an actual league). For the longest time I was told I can't ride rollercoasters (because it will speed heart rate) or sit in hot tubs (I'm guessing it effects blood pressure and body temperature), but on my last visit with my cardiologist she surprisingly said all of those things were fine. Since my heart disease is so rare they are still kind of learning things, so that's the reason why they changed their minds. I didn't ask her about LSD then because my mom was in the room, but I emailed her last week and she hasn't replied. I trust that she will give me a straight answer eventually but I have a feeling that she may be a little over cautious.

Something really important that I would like to point out is that I came across a forum that was created by someone with the same heart disease that I have (Tricuspid Atresia). He explained that he had taken LSD around 15 times and had no issues with it, but eventually he came across a tab that was laced with what they think was Nbome. He's turned out fine, but the thing I want to make clear is that he did LSD more times than you can count on your hand and never had an issue.

I think that's everything, though. I'm pretty set on this, and I think that if I start on really small doses (either 25ug or 50ug) and move up slowly then I should be fine. Thanks in advance.

Well, we're not exactly the ones to ask about rare heart defects, that require other defects to let you survive birth.

Then again, you'd have to find me to sue me, and I don't have a license to lose, so wild speculation is clearly indicated.

The second-biggest risk is going to be what your forum friend said. There aren't a whole lot of things out there with the potency of LSD. You just can't fit a lot of something nasty on a piece of blotter paper, but those NBOMe's are one of them. They're associated with some deaths, and seem to have some stimulant properties, but no one really knows what's going on with them.

Fortunately for you, there are reagents that can tell them from LSD, since their structure is different. Erlich's reagent works, and there are threads here on all of that (you'd probably waste a blotter, but then it IS your life, potentially).

You can also squeeze benzodiazepenes on blotters. Those, at least, are downers, not stimulants. Reagents can distinguish those too. But then, I imagine you're already on some meds, and that complicates everything--maybe you already take a "downer" of some kind or blood pressure meds or anti-arrthymics? I don't know of any drugs that interfere with LSD, but it's not one of the tests the FDA usually requires for approval.

I can say that LSD is mildly stimulating, in that it keeps you awake for a while. But people who don't have congenital heart defects have survived (physically) truly massive doses. It's physically a really safe drug--for people without heart defects at least.

I said second biggest risk up there--the biggest is probably initiating a panic attack while imagining your heart eating itself or something. Panic attacks are not trivial and can get your heart rate going pretty good all by themselves. A downward spiral of freakout that can leave some serious psychic scars. I've never had a moment where I felt any anxiety with LSD (or close to that level with other tryptamines), but then I do with weed every time, so who knows?

Anyway, you already said you're "pretty-well set" on taking it. Make sure you have a sober friend with you who knows what's up, is not prone to panic herself, understands that panic might happen, and is not afraid to call emergency services, wait for them, and honestly explain to them and the police what's going on (and willing to face your parents in the ER). In most places you can't be charged for doing the moral right thing in calling in an overdose.

Good luck, hope you have a good talk with the God of Heartvalves.

Thanks for being very helpful. Would 1P LSD be safer? Do you think 50ug would be safe to try, or would you recommend 25ug?

I really can't say how safe the classic LSD is for you, let alone derivatives.

I think most of the grey-market analogs, 1-P, ETH-LAD, ALD-52 etc. are all pro-drugs of LSD, meaning they just get converted by your liver or brain first, which really only changes the timing of your trip, and the dosage. There are threads here that discuss each one in nauseating detail, mostly looking for a difference from LSD besides just potency and duration.

All I can say about them is that there's more uncertainty, since fewer people have tried them, compared to like, all the damn baby boomers dosing LSD at their woodstocks. But I think the odds that you also have some mutant liver enzyme that would screw up the pro-drug is as low as for anybody, unless there is a god and you really pissed her off or something.

So for dosing, I think it's pretty common to try a test dose, to gauge your response. Go check out the psychedelic forums and ask the experts. I admit I've never tried any of the analogs.

Here's the forum index with hotlinks to the major threads:
http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/141741-Essential-Reading-The-Best-of-PD

You should be asking a medical professional this, not friends or strangers on the internet. See a cardiologist and just be honest.

Personally, if it were me and I had this issue I would avoid taking LSD and I would even be careful about which other drugs I used. Low or micro doses of LSD can basically be akin to a stimulant as odd as it sounds.

Last edited:
I really can't say how safe the classic LSD is for you, let alone derivatives.

I think most of the grey-market analogs, 1-P, ETH-LAD, ALD-52 etc. are all pro-drugs of LSD, meaning they just get converted by your liver or brain first, which really only changes the timing of your trip, and the dosage. There are threads here that discuss each one in nauseating detail, mostly looking for a difference from LSD besides just potency and duration.

ALD-52 (also called 1A-LSD) and 1P-LSD are the pro-drugs that turn into LSD in your body. ALD-52 atleast is generally agreed to be nearly the same potency as LSD (and given how a lot of blotters on the street are underdosed, a 100 µg blotter of ALD-52 is probably going to be stronger than your average "100 µg" street blotter).

ETH-LAD and AL-LAD, on the other hand, are LSD analogues that have markedly different effects.
ETH-LAD is even more potent in the visuals department than LSD, while leaving you far more clear headed, atleast in dosages around ~100 µg. At ~200µg it can become a very different experience though, leaving you blown away by a barrage of surfacing memories and looping thoughts. It is also said to have more physiological side effects, though I've never had a problem with that.
AL-LAD is somewhat weaker than LSD (which is why blotters are usually dosed at 150 µg). Like ETH-LAD the experience is primarily visual, although the dose-response curve is far less steep (so even at high doses it won't be as challenging as ETH or LSD).

One more thing: ETH-LAD and AL-LAD can be tested for using Ehrlich's reagent. ALD-52 and 1P-LSD, however, will only show a weak/delayed reaction because the acyl groups get in the way of the reagent. I don't think there has ever been any fake ALD-52/1P-LSD out there though.

Different people find their potencies different. I've encountered people on here who swear ALD-52 is more potent, and some who say significantly less potent, while others, like myself, find them very similar. I think it boils down to individual metabolism. But yeah, ETH-LAD and AL-LAD (and LSM and LSZ which were also released for a while) are all distinct drugs.

To the OP... we really aren't qualified to say if you're safe to take LSD. Definitely would be best to talk to you doctor, but if you do it, I'd go with LSD, it's the only one we absolutely KNOW for sure is very safe. Even then, it might not be safe for you with your condition. Have a sober sitter with you in case something goes wrong. have you ever tripped before on anything?

Sorry, I am unable to find anything on the web that specifically addresses the safety of LSD in persons with Tricuspid Atresia. The following information may or may not be helpful to you.
IMO, a lot depends on the stability of your condition. Best to consult the physician most familiar with your situation.

Tricuspid Atresia and the Adult Patient

Tricuspid Atresia is one of the Single Ventricle congenital heart diseases. Single Ventricle refers to the congenital heart defects in which the heart functionally has only one pumping chamber. Adult patients will usually have had a Fontan Operation. In cases where early treatment consisted of a Glenn procedure and/or the insertion of a shunt between the systemic circulation and
the pulmonary artery, patients may be candidates for the Fontan in later life. Very rarely, a person with Single Ventricle reaches adulthood without treatment and without symptoms. These patients may or may not receive the Fontan, depending on an assessment of the relative risks and benefits.

Most patients who have not had the Fontan Operation will begin to show symptoms of cyanosis (external blueness caused by oxygen-poor arterial blood), fatigue, arrhythmias, and/or exercise intolerance, generally because of insufficient blood flow to the lungs through the pulmonary artery. They will also have a heart murmur because of pulmonary stenosis (narrowing of the outflow tract through which blood flows from the heart to the lungs) and/or because of atrioventricular valve dysfunction (the valve that connects the functioning ventricle with an atrium). If these symptoms are severe, the Fontan Operation will be performed, but only if certain conditions are met:

· pulmonary artery pressure is acceptably low
· the pulmonary arteries are sufficiently well formed
· there is no pulmonary vascular obstructive disease (PVOD)
· the systemic ventricle is functioning adequately

These criteria are evaluated through a variety of tests. A chest x-ray, echocardiogram, and MRI will show left ventricular function and other aspects of anatomy and cardiovascular condition. An ECG is used to check for the presence of arrhythmias. In addition, cardiac catheterization procedure will be used to take hemodynamic measurements (blood pressures and concentrations
of oxygen and other gases) in the pulmonary arteries and to evaluate their structure.

The long term prognosis after the Fontan for single ventricle patients is better than for other treatments, and improvements of surgical technique continue to be made. Life-long medical monitoring is required. Patients that had early forms of the Fontan repair are at risk for worsening heart failure, arrhythmias, and stroke. These patients should be followed frequently and evaluated for conversion to newer forms of the Fontan to limit further atrial dilation (enlargement).

http://www.pted.org/?id=tricuspidatresia5

-----

Complications later in life

Although treatment greatly improves the outcome for babies with tricuspid atresia, they may still have complications later in life, even after surgery, which may include:

Formation of blood clots that may lead to a clot blocking an artery in the lungs (pulmonary embolism) or to a stroke
Easily tiring when participating in sports or other exercise
Heart rhythm abnormalities (arrhythmias)
Certain complications in the lymphatic system

https://www.drugs.com/mcd/tricuspid-atresia

Best wishes now and always.

Last edited:
I strongly advise against 1P-LSD. Even though 1P-LSD is a prodrug for LSD-25, it appears to have cardiovascular side effects that are lacking in LSD-25, possibly due to reacting with some peripheral receptors before metabolizing into LSD.

One of the big advantages of the potency with lysergamides, is the corresponding low impact of side effects. Toxicity in the tens of micrograms range is tough.

Then again, we know its potent because it literally crawls inside HT2a and closes the lid. So as long as your side effects don't involve that.

spiritnova said:
Do you have any sources for that?

Unfortunately, I think the best source of info on these things might be anecdotal in these threads. (I think they're good anecdotes, but you won't find clinical data.)

Do you have any sources for that?

Not being a jerk, I just want to read more about it if you can source that. That could change a few things for me.

As Scrofula said, I'm basing it on purely subjective anecdotes of 1P-LSD users, myself included. For example:

I have been gifted hits of 1P-LSD, told they were acid, then subsequently had gastric and vasoconstrictive issues which are not present with LSD

So basically I have a rare heart disease called Tricuspid Atresia. I have certain limitations but they aren't as bad as one could assume. Basically I can't play sports like football and soccer that are physically draining on my energy (I can play with my friends and stuff but can't be in an actual league). For the longest time I was told I can't ride rollercoasters (because it will speed heart rate) or sit in hot tubs (I'm guessing it effects blood pressure and body temperature), but on my last visit with my cardiologist she surprisingly said all of those things were fine. Since my heart disease is so rare they are still kind of learning things, so that's the reason why they changed their minds. I didn't ask her about LSD then because my mom was in the room, but I emailed her last week and she hasn't replied. I trust that she will give me a straight answer eventually but I have a feeling that she may be a little over cautious.

Something really important that I would like to point out is that I came across a forum that was created by someone with the same heart disease that I have (Tricuspid Atresia). He explained that he had taken LSD around 15 times and had no issues with it, but eventually he came across a tab that was laced with what they think was Nbome. He's turned out fine, but the thing I want to make clear is that he did LSD more times than you can count on your hand and never had an issue.

I think that's everything, though. I'm pretty set on this, and I think that if I start on really small doses (either 25ug or 50ug) and move up slowly then I should be fine. Thanks in advance.
I'm the person you were referencing. I'm not a doctor but as long as you don't get in your own head you should be okay. I have the same limitations as you. (no lifting, no heavy contact sports) I hope for the best buddy:) and I do hope you see this even though I'm a few months late.