• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

RCs I have 1.5 year old 4-aco-DMT, would it still be safe to take?

ahint

Bluelighter
What the title says basically. About a year and a half ago (but I really don't remember - longest two years, shortest a year) I got some 4-aco-DMT and left it in a drawer intending to take it and forgot about it. I've ordered a testing kit to see if that's what it really is (I'm 99% sure but just to double check). If it comes back that it's 4-aco-DMT, would it still be safe to take after leaving it in a drawer for so long?

Shouldn't be any danger here. Tryptamines are notably less stable than PEAs, which will probably outlive your children, but aren't known to degrade into anything that's problematic. If it's degraded there are a few different things that could have happened, but the molecules are still pretty stable. Oxidized product probably is metabolized to the active molecule. If the product is visibly gooey that's because it's hygroscopic and takes on water, but you didn't mention that so I assume it's not (if it is you'll have to experiment as to what dose to take as it'll have substantial water weight added.) If it looks normal, I bet it hasn't lost much potency. Regardless you should assume it's still pure and dose accordingly, if it's degraded you'll have to figure out what a good dose is experimentally but don't assume anything. In any event, it's not dangerous to take even if degraded.

At room temperature it’s just fine after 1.5yrs. I’ve had some sit that amount of time or longer at RT no problem.

-GC

What the title says basically. About a year and a half ago (but I really don't remember - longest two years, shortest a year) I got some 4-aco-DMT and left it in a drawer intending to take it and forgot about it. I've ordered a testing kit to see if that's what it really is (I'm 99% sure but just to double check). If it comes back that it's 4-aco-DMT, would it still be safe to take after leaving it in a drawer for so long?

Absolutely safe to take, in fact you have the negrogesic guarantee ©️

I've been slowly nursing a bag of it for the past 3 years it still quite fine (and just as horrifying as when i first bought it 😌).