• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

I hate to be "that guy" but I think I fried my brain...

edross

Greenlighter
So, I've done molly a few times, but usually someone else dosed it out for me. This time I was in charge of determining how much to take so I (stupid I know) took the dealer's recommended dose of 1 gram, well maybe a little over a gram. I didn't know about bluelight until just now, but by everything I've read today, that's an excessive amount for anyone. Also I was unaware about the availability of testing kits, but this was a few large brownish rocks that I ground myself, not powder or pills, so I think it was fairly pure.

Anyway, the night I took it was AMAZING. I wasn't just rolling, I was intensely hallucinating... like way more visual than LSD. People would just change into different people before my eyes, and I'd be looking right at someone and they'd just disappear. There are several bars I won't be returning to. I had the sweaty over-heating thing a little, but I know well enough to watch out for it and had friends who made sure I had fans, stripped to a thin layer of clothes, etc to keep me cool. Around sunrise I laid in bed for hours without sleeping, breathing deep and clenching various muscles like you tend to do.

The next day was also great, still rolling, but redosed a little in the morning. No sleep until very late that night. STRANGEST dream I ever had, but whatever.

Then I woke up yesterday, and the rolling affects were more subtle at first so I figured it had about passed. But by mid day they were coming back, in a kind of unpleasant way. Very fatigued, and body feeling pulsey. It was like the post-molly depression, except I was still rolling. I stayed up pretty late desperately texting ex-girlfriends to try to take care of my chemical-addled libido, until the pulsing in my body started to feel localized in my chest and I got afraid it was a heart problem, and I hoped I could just sleep it off.

I slept well last night and the chest pulse wasn't there this morning, but when I got out of bed the real trouble started. The pulse doesn't seem circulatory, it feels like electric shocks in my nerves. For the last 9 hours, every couple of minutes, mainly in my fingers, arms, and/or head, I get the electric pulses, that sometimes make want to shake, though I can usually resist. Sometimes it's more tingle, sometimes it's more sting. It's accompanied by a louder-than-usual tenidus, as well as other, lower sounds that coincide with the pulsing. These lower sounds sound and feel a little bit like when you're ears get un-clogged after diving in water. It feels like there's an electrical storm going on in my brain.

I haven't heard this described as a normal symptom of coming down, it's not getting better, and it's been almost 48 hours since my last mini-dose... so I'm a little worried. Anyone else ever experience symptoms like this, or dosed similar ammounts?

...this was a few large brownish rocks that I ground myself...so I think it was fairly pure.
if you didn't test it, it could have been pretty much anything...

if it was mdma, 1000mg is an insane amount to take. if it wasn't, then we're just guessing which is next to useless.

alasdair

Sounds fairly typical of a HUGE dose reaction....I'm sure you probably figure this, but be thankful that whatever you took a gram of, was likely somewhat impure or cut. If it were pure MDMA, you'd likely not be here to share you experience.

At this stage, don't think too much about the possibility of any long lasting damage. Sure, you've likely done some damage of some kind, but with the right attitude and lifestyle for the next few months, you'll likely be perfectly fine.

Chalk this up as a big lesson on recreational drug use. ALWAYS test your stuff with a reagent test kit, and always start with a much lower 'normal' dose when trying a new batch. 150-200mg max, if it's 'pure' (you'll never know this, unless you know the synthesiser and their exact methods etc)..

From this point though it's highly recommended you stay away from ALL drugs - this includes weed, alcohol, and even caffeine to an extent. If you're on any prescription meds at the moment, it might be wise to list them here in case they'll play any role in your recovery. Eat clean healthy foods with lots of vegetables, fruits, and plenty of fluids. Get some good exercise into your schedule too - just some regular light cardio will help immensely :) and of course REST REST REST!

I wouldn't expect to feel back to normal only 48 hours after such crazy use. Even with a much lower dose (200mg + 100mg) on a Saturday night, I'd still expect to feel some afterglow, or a little off (depending) come Tuesday/Wednesday the following week.

Thanks man. I just read a little about similar experiences that other people have had with shocking sensantions, that was a little reassuring... and I just remembered I threw up a bunch of the molly about half an hour after taking it, which is even more reassuring.

Plenty have overdone it on a worse scale than yourself and come out _fine_ on the other side...and while this doesn't take away from the dangers and repercussions of dosing as you did, should give you that little bit of reassurance that you haven't ruined yourself for good. You'll be right with time and the right approach to recovery, and should you decide to indulge in MDxx again in the future, you'll have a significantly better understanding of what you're doing :) and of course, you'll take all the precautions next time, won't you? ;)

Yeah I don't know what your dealer was thinking recommending taking a gram of "Molly". The way you described it it sounds more like MDA to me. I only say this because any time I got really good sass it would always be in brown crystal rock form, sometimes sticky, and it would have you tripping face and rolling balls all at the same time. MDA is much more psychedelic them MDMA. Obviously without testing you technically can't know for sure, but the hallucinations sound identical to my experiences with sass.

Regardless of any of that you simply took far too much. Time will heal you. Stay positive, rest, and try to take care of yourself. Be safe man.

MDMA causes MDA like hallucinations in very high doses. A gram of MDA would be lethal surely.