• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I had a mystical experience on oxycodone?

If you believe in chakras, sure. Otherwise, excessively vivid dreams are very common on opiates.
I can't tell you why, but I have had similar experiences - although, I chalk it up to chemical collisions in my brain, and nothing else.

I'd guess you were just really high. Opiates are about as spiritual as spirit stones and ascension crystals (not at all, in other words).

I think it's slightly unfair to say that. To me, dreams can be as spiritual as e.g psychedelic drugs. If opiates increase dreaming, they do have some spiritual effect to me. That's not to say they are feasible as spiritual tools, given their other properties. Sorry if i'm being a nitpicker. It's not my intention.

Personally i've done all kinds of drugs but never opiates or opioids. They represent my personal safety limit on hedonism, although i'm not completely opposed to the idea of trying sometime. Preferably poppy pods and mainly for the nodding and dreaming.

I've read real opium is much more dreamy than all the semi-synths & synthetics.

Closest I've come to it is drinking poppy seed tea. When it worked, the buzz was very heavy, noddy. But usually lacked any euphoria, unless I added thc. I'm sure alkaloid content contributed most to each individual experience, but I'd try actual opium in a heart beat.

I find all opioids have their own unique "nod" and some are cold and boring feeling (especially the more potent ones, like fent & bupe), where as some have more euphoric, dreamy and hell possibly even spiritual properties.
U missed tobacco, probably. They go hand in hand.

I think it's slightly unfair to say that. To me, dreams can be as spiritual as e.g psychedelic drugs. If opiates increase dreaming, they do have some spiritual effect to me. That's not to say they are feasible as spiritual tools, given their other properties. Sorry if i'm being a nitpicker. It's not my intention.

Personally i've done all kinds of drugs but never opiates or opioids. They represent my personal safety limit on hedonism, although i'm not completely opposed to the idea of trying sometime. Preferably poppy pods and mainly for the nodding and dreaming.
Opiates are fine as long as you don't go try injecting heroin on ur first time.
Trying vicodin or Norcos would be a good option, u have to work your way up. But I think vicodin shudnt be too addictive, in case u wanna try.

No, you are not being a nitpicker, not at all.

I get the point you're making. I do however consider psychedelics to just be drugs as well - there was a period of time when I half-assed wanted to believe in the spiritual properties of psychedelics, but I don't. So that's just my 2 cents as a skeptic.

Opium on the other hand is much closer to something spiritual in it's nods and nature, compared to oxycodone.

However, I see it like this: psychedelics expand your mind, opiates narrow it. At least for me.
On opiates, I feel like I am god. On psychedelics, I feel there is something akin to a god.

Opiates/oids make me feel content & peaceful.

I believe this is why they're still illegal. People who feel content, consume less than those that don't.

I could have a great time just sitting here staring at a blank computer while on the acute part of an opioid 'high'.
Where as when sober, I feel like I need this, this & this and still never actually fill that void or feel content.

Off topic a little, but hey.

When I used to IV hydromorphone I would get CEVs very similar to a classical psychedelic on the hit. I was not using psychs at all either. Would only last for the rush after IV

When I used to IV hydromorphone I would get CEVs very similar to a classical psychedelic on the hit. I was not using psychs at all either. Would only last for the rush after IV
I've experienced Closd eyed visuals on 60mg iv morphine, 60mg diazepam and 600mg lyrica. I swear lyrica potentiates opiates real good, better than weed 4 me lols