• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I got stupid, need some advice with a benzo taper plan please.

EatinPills

Greenlighter
I got stupid, i have taken etizolam everyday for almost 2 months. Some days 2-4mg, sometimes 5-8mg, and on serveral occasions up to 12mg. I know I'm not in too deep yet thank god, but still I'm worried about seizures and DTs. Could anyone please be kind enough to post a possible taper plan and enlighten me on the seriousness of the situation? It would be much appreciated.

I have heard people suggest to look at the Ashton manual for tapering instructions but it only talks about using Valium to taper which I don't have access too. I do have a leftover script of just 5, 0.5mg clonazepam, maybe that could help? I can't involve a doc on this.

I know there are a lot of threads on benzo tapering, but benzo dependence is different for each individual.

Do you have any etizolam left or will you be using only those 5 clonazepam? Also, I wanted to ask is this your first time going through benzo withdrawals and when was your last etizolam dose? Your dosages were on the high side so it would be ideal to use more to taper down. If you could get yourself to where you are just using 1 mg at night then down to .5 mg it would go smoother.

Do you have any etizolam left or will you be using only those 5 clonazepam? Also, I wanted to ask is this your first time going through benzo withdrawals and when was your last etizolam dose? Your dosages were on the high side so it would be ideal to use more to taper down. If you could get yourself to where you are just using 1 mg at night then down to .5 mg it would go smoother.

I have some etiz left, I can order more to taper. My last etiz dose was around midnight last night. I only use it in the evening and nightime. I've never experienced benzo withdrawal but I have experienced alcohol withdrawal, I detoxed in a clinic. It was easy but they had me on Librium the whole time.

If I were to stop abruptly, you think I could be at risk for Seziures/DTs? I'm not going too but I just wanted to know. I plan on tapering down 1mg a week from 6mg till 0.5mg is reached, just to be safe. I've heard etiz is relatively mild compared to other benzos. Is a long taper nescessary?

Two months of daily use isn't too long but your doses were pretty big. It's hard to say if you would get seizures but I would say if you were to quit abruptly, you will have withdrawals. For me, they were as bad as Xanax but I didn't taper properly. So you're average 6 mg a night? Tonight you could try 5 or even 4 and see how you feel.

how long does Xanax stay in your system? If I took a quarter of a yellow bar Saturday night could it possibly be out by the following Wednesday? Help please.

Two months of daily use isn't too long but your doses were pretty big. It's hard to say if you would get seizures but I would say if you were to quit abruptly, you will have withdrawals. For me, they were as bad as Xanax but I didn't taper properly. So you're average 6 mg a night? Tonight you could try 5 or even 4 and see how you feel.

Yes I average around 6mg. I know it seems like a high dose but one of my 0.5mg kpins is more sedating and anxiolytic than 6mg of etiz. It's legit etiz too, but I def will taper I've heard too many horror stories. I'm not afraid of rebound anxiety and other minor withdrawal symptoms Im just paranoid about seizures. Will I know if I'm about to have one?