• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I got prescribed Fentanyl, what should I expet side effects wise?

Rachella666

Bluelighter
Hi my friends and fellow bluelighters. I got prescribed Fentanyl patches 50 micrograms ones for severe pain, i am already on codeine and the opiate tapentadol (Palexia), I just put the patch on, it says that it lasts for 72 hours. Now I've seen Fentanyl around Bluelight being mentioned but I never bothered researching it. Now my question is what should I expect, when will it kick in and help me with the pain, will it give me side effects? Can I take my other meds with it? I'm also on xanax, lyrica and dalmane. I tend to abuse the benzos. Thank you everyone xxx<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3:D:D:):)

decrease your benzo use for the first 24 hours to see how it affects you first. fentanyl is one hell of an opioid, so also try not to mix the other opioids and opiates with it (aka, dont mix it with your codeine and tapentadol)

Yes...less pain
give it time though, dont rush to dose on top of it.

Be very careful using xanax and other benzos while doing fentanyl. I'm actually surprised your doctored prescribed you both, unless you get the xanax illicitly. The only times I have ever fallen out from dope was when I combined it with xanax. Opiates and benzos are a fantastic combo, but it really is dangerous as hell if you push the envelope a little too far like a lot of us do here.

what were you expecting, less pain or to get high? if you're going to take another opioid with the fent then the lesser of the two evils you have available is the tap. and like others have suggested avoid benzos while on fent, at least for the first week.

also, fentanyl does not give the classic opiate rush that others do, so lower your expectations and let it manage your pain, not get you high

Damn why would they keep you on codeine if you are on tapentadol and fent? When my pain docs were trying to find best meds for me they put me on tapentadol(nucynta) 100 mgs and though it didn't get me high(until like an idiot I IVed them) I couldn't keep my eyes open. Hey sweety I know you must have bad pain if they gave you fent (it's end of the line pain med) but as others said be careful mixing with the benzos many good people I knew fell asleep and never woke up from that combo. I hope your pain gets relieved!