View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I got a question

FalcoSpawn

Greenlighter
This is not a "What did I/Should I take" thread (well, I don't think it is). So I've never done any psychedelics (I really want to but it's hard to get). I'm asking about the experience. I often hear it sends you to different worlds and what-not, but is that just a figure of speech? Or do you literally feel like you're in a different environment in which you can interact with? Like when I say a different world, I don't mean complete geometric vision, but like can you literally feel like you're in an actually different LOCATION? Like, when I say a different world/place, I mean it as literal as possible. Do you actually feel like you're somewhere where you can like look down at yourself and actually interact physically with this different world/environment being hallucinated by the psychedelic drug? Or when people say a different world, do they just mean your vision becomes so crazy it just feels like another world. (I'm sure this came off as confusing af. I'm not the most articulate person. sorry)

*Example* Lets say you feel like you take a substance and then you start tripping. Could you feel like you were teleported to an open field, or a forest, or a weird city? Any insight on this would be very much appreciated! :)

Welcome! In general, no, but DMT is a special case. That can teleport you into another realm entirely. However, with most other psychedelics, if you dose moderately, and avoid mixing them with weed, nothing like that will happen. IMHO, the best policy is always start small and inch forward. Dosing psychedelics is a bit like snow skiing, one doesn't start off on the highest ski run. Easy does it. :)

peace and love

Last edited:
^ Good advice.

Like they said, generally no, it's not like that. High doses of some drugs can be like that (DMT, salvia, ketamine, etc.) but that's not a very good description. Generalizing between psychedelics is hard, but I might venture that the experience typically involves a greater appreciation what's happening in the present moment. It can be like a return to childhood consciousness, which can feel "like going home." The everyday can feel rich, significant, and meaningful. Boundaries between self and other can dissolve, creating a sense of cosmic oneness, connection, and the sacred. Insight can be imbued with a noetic quality, and complex concepts can be deconstructed into their atomic elements, allowing one to reevaluate things once accepted without question with a fresh perspective. It can feel like one vision is scrubbed clean, the world becoming fresh and new again. Sense experiences can be heightened greatly, and alongside that intensity you can feel innocent and vulnerable.

It's a space that can be profoundly powerful, but can be challenging as easily as enjoyable. Visual elements are often the least of the experience, but they're easier to describe than the cognitive effects

When i took heavy dose of ayahuasca it always send me to some alien world.It is more like dream.

Acid or mushrooms, everything is just more vivid or distorted. Things looks like they are pulsating moving . I always loved to watch my fingers grow. I never took huge amounts so I never saw things that weren?t really there .

the temporal drag effect is most outstanding to me,
e.g. if you sit in chair that revolves, slowly turn around with eyes open and
Voila! you can actually see not just in front of your self but all around you 360 degrees live vision!?!

Apparently another dimension but really moments just stack up, and perception sifts through that.

^ Good advice.

Like they said, generally no, it's not like that. High doses of some drugs can be like that (DMT, salvia, ketamine, etc.) but that's not a very good description. Generalizing between psychedelics is hard, but I might venture that the experience typically involves a greater appreciation what's happening in the present moment. It can be like a return to childhood consciousness, which can feel "like going home." The everyday can feel rich, significant, and meaningful. Boundaries between self and other can dissolve, creating a sense of cosmic oneness, connection, and the sacred. Insight can be imbued with a noetic quality, and complex concepts can be deconstructed into their atomic elements, allowing one to reevaluate things once accepted without question with a fresh perspective. It can feel like one vision is scrubbed clean, the world becoming fresh and new again. Sense experiences can be heightened greatly, and alongside that intensity you can feel innocent and vulnerable.

It's a space that can be profoundly powerful, but can be challenging as easily as enjoyable. Visual elements are often the least of the experience, but they're easier to describe than the cognitive effects
This is an apt description.

I've personally never left my body or gone to literal other places on psychedelics (unless you mean by walking there heh). The closest I've come to such an OBE was with MXE, but I also haven't tried some of the more powerful drugs and poisons out there. Salvia was a hallucinogenic journey but it's gone now and i would never describe a single emotion I had on it as positive... maybe confused, terrified?

If you're just interested in acid or mushrooms, they're usually far less disorienting and in reasonable doses I would describe as very fun. Not to be taken lightly though, every trip has its positives and negatives. I rather think all trips are neutral by nature. Set and setting are important too though.