• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I found drugs in my dads room

c9tmo

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

My dad is a very successful person. He's a great father, very out-going, smart, funny and supportive. My family is very wealthy because of him too.

A few months ago I found a baggie of drugs in his closet. I'm pretty sure it's heroine. It was a baggie of white powder chunks.

I am scare to tell anyone. So I am telling you guys. He's almost 60. He's about to retire. I don't know what to do... I think i'm going to do nothing. He doesn't seem like a drug addict at all. In fact, I am confident he's not. He's such a hard worker, if he was addicted to heroine woudn't he not be as motivated? My family would actually freak the fuck out too. I feel like if I did bring it up, he'd have an excuse, too.

Also, side story, the other day my mom brought up the possibility of working with a family friend in a conversation. Let's call her Rachel. Rachel went through rehab when she was like 16 for heroine and has been recovered ever since. My dad's responde was "Rachel? no! She did heroine!" which makes me feel like my dads narrative around heroine is bad....

It's been months, and I honestly forgot the whole thing. I haven't seen any signs or anything. Granted, I was away at college. But since I'm home (because of corona), he seems normal. Also, his closet has a lock now so I can't see it again. But I did take pictures of it... i'm a little scared to post it online though.

Maybe it was someone else though...? If it was coke or something I wouldn't really care, considering i've had my fair share of party drugs. I used to do molly, coke, and sometimes xanax during my college days.

Thanks guys I just needed to vent. Any advice?

As TripSitter says, maybe it is cocaine or speed, anyway, he is already an older person and from what you say he has his life done and complete, I do not see the problem if he wants to do drugs, for you, drugs are normal? because for me they are something very normal and I do not condemn any type of use, you should let your father do his thing, do not tell him anything

Hi guys,

My dad is a very successful person. He's a great father, very out-going, smart, funny and supportive. My family is very wealthy because of him too.

A few months ago I found a baggie of drugs in his closet. I'm pretty sure it's heroine. It was a baggie of white powder chunks.

I am scare to tell anyone. So I am telling you guys. He's almost 60. He's about to retire. I don't know what to do... I think i'm going to do nothing. He doesn't seem like a drug addict at all. In fact, I am confident he's not. He's such a hard worker, if he was addicted to heroine woudn't he not be as motivated? My family would actually freak the fuck out too. I feel like if I did bring it up, he'd have an excuse, too.

Also, side story, the other day my mom brought up the possibility of working with a family friend in a conversation. Let's call her Rachel. Rachel went through rehab when she was like 16 for heroine and has been recovered ever since. My dad's responde was "Rachel? no! She did heroine!" which makes me feel like my dads narrative around heroine is bad....

It's been months, and I honestly forgot the whole thing. I haven't seen any signs or anything. Granted, I was away at college. But since I'm home (because of corona), he seems normal. Also, his closet has a lock now so I can't see it again. But I did take pictures of it... i'm a little scared to post it online though.

Maybe it was someone else though...? If it was coke or something I wouldn't really care, considering i've had my fair share of party drugs. I used to do molly, coke, and sometimes xanax during my college days.

Thanks guys I just needed to vent. Any advice?
It really isn't any of your business. There is nothing to do.

You could talk to him about it and voice your concern for his safety... that would be a tough conversation tho friend

60 years old is a bit old to be blowing down cocaine.

Last edited:
My dad would probably tell me to get the f*** out of my sh*t after all I did for you your gunna do me like this.*

*Important: he was a excellent dad. Maybe not the most emotional but always working hard to make sure we had everything we needed. If i was finding him passed out or somehow obviously impaired or in danger that be a different story.

That's kind of abusive to his privacy.

If you need to pry its okay but remember
we are adults and we earn the right to think for ourselves.

But no harm at all. Life goes on. Treat others
with respect as you would like them to treat you.

Doesn't' seem nefarious at all. Just grown ups doing what they do ! 😁 ♡ ☺ 👍🏽

You're alright ! lol.

You would probably know if he was on heroin, his eyes would be pinpoint pupils for one.
If he was using speed or coke his eyes would be dilated and he would be very figity

There are plenty of people who use "hard drugs", especially stimulants, occasionally for recreation. The fucking mayor of Washington DC got in shit because he liked to smoke some freebase in his free time. Actually, the mayor of Toronto, Canada did the same... R.I.P. Rob Ford, you fuckin' legend. What a guy. So what if your father likes to smoke crack, or do meth, or whatever. That's his prerogative, and most likely he's been doing it for long enough he knows how to keep in control.

As for heroin/opioid use, that's a little worse because people can become dependent on it, but just because you are dependent on opioids doesn't mean your life will fall apart. There are plenty of people out there who are addicted to opioids but use them to help through physical labor or other stressful situations, manage to keep their job, and budget their drug use so they don't run out. People can use heroin daily for years without anyone noticing if they know what they're doing. You wouldn't be able to tell them from an average Joe. It's only the people who let the drug totally consume them that stand out as burn out junkies.

A white chunky powder makes me think crack/cocaine, by the way. Heroin is almost always varying shades of tan/brown, ranging from off-white, tan, yellow, all the way through the color of coffee-grounds. Then there's black tar heroin, which as the name implies is a black tar/resin. Methamphetamine is more of a clear crystal (sort of like rock salt or sugar crystals/rock candy) rather than an opaque white substance. Pure fentanyl, when I've seen it, is a fine white or off-white powder, and is too hard to dose on its own, so is VERY unlikely.

I tend to agree that it's unlikely to be heroin. Heroin can be a white powder, but unless you're in Australia or other east Asian countries it seems to be uncommon.

Given your description a stimulant is more likely, but there could be lots of explanations both innocent and, not innocent but also not harmful.

You could bring it up, but if you did id do it as non confrontationally as possible. Don't suggest that you're upset with him or disapproving, just a little worried for him because you love him.

My dad would probably tell me to get the f*** out of my sh*t after all I did for you your gunna do me like this.*

*Important: he was a excellent dad. Maybe not the most emotional but always working hard to make sure we had everything we needed. If i was finding him passed out or somehow obviously impaired or in danger that be a different story.

Then you're lucky. Not all of us have a father that gives a shit. If all your dad does wrong is not being great sharing his feelings and using some speed sometimes, I'd say you're pretty fortunate. :)

Hey OP! I understand how this could be a little traumatic. I remember the first time my da found a rig in my room. To be fair, he was probably trying to find my bud so his probable cause for search was technically invalid.

At any rate, it changed our relationship in a decidedly negative way. I'm not going to move this, but in the future, I think this would be a pretty pissa blog entry or piece in Drug Culture!

I can tell you're a "normy" and it is always nice to hear from folks with different perspectives and experiences. Let us know if there is anything we can help you with in terms of knowledge and support!

I thought it would be kind of cool to write a children's book about my relationship with my father. Would anyone read it... to their children?

For the record, I've bought a lot of dope in a few different places and in 95% of these situations, the Heroin was a light tan/brown color.

In many of the Islamic countries Morphine Base and Heroin are called Brown Sugar by default. I can only speak for Iraq and parts of Turkey, but I hear the Iranic people use the same terminology.

It is my belief that all of the white dope I've ever used was not an Opiate, but some kind of synthetic like Fentanyl. That is just my opinion. I believe the brown color is a result of a partially incomplete purification of the product, but I am going to defer to the smart people on this one.

My teenage kid found my IV gear in my room right at a time i was trying to get him to accept some help for his problematic use of weed and benzos.

He already knew i had past issues with drugs but thought it was long ago. Needless to say I lost all moral authority dealing with his growing problems.

However, I was able to explain to him I’d busted recently rather than having an ongoing debilitating problem and the conversation turned to moderation and harm minimisation.

So, mortifying for me to be exposed but ultimately productive conversation for our relationship and my ability to advise him. In a way it gave me some ‘street cred’ when he realised what i said about drug dangers was not theoeritical knowledge.