• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom I feel nothing from Kratom

flakrun

Bluelighter
Hey guys.

I've been using Kratom for the last week.
Im buying from a trusted vendor, and its defenitly decent kratom i got. My strain is red maeng da.
I tried both low doses in the range: 2-4g and in higher doses 6-9g.
However i dont seem to get any effect from it.

Why could this be?

Are you coming off strong opioids?

On any other meds?

I never felt anything from kratom until I was clean for a few weeks. Too much other crap in my system.

IF it's decent kratom and you aren't saturated with suboxone, methadone, fentanyl or other strong opioids at the moment then it could just be that kratom isn't for you.

Are you coming off strong opioids?

On any other meds?

I never felt anything from kratom until I was clean for a few weeks. Too much other crap in my system.

IF it's decent kratom and you aren't saturated with suboxone, methadone, fentanyl or other strong opioids at the moment then it could just be that kratom isn't for you.
Hi 😊.
Im not comming off anything really. I used oxy recreationally before a bit, as you saw in my other thread where i had a hard time stopping for good. So i wanted to use something else to deal with the cravings (physiological) nothing physical.
Just trying to catch a mild buzz, but does not really seem to do too much for me.
I mean it might be that i used 40mg oxy for a little time, and that is why, but last time i used was 9th this month.

Hi 😊.
Im not comming off anything really. I used oxy recreationally before a bit, as you saw in my other thread where i had a hard time stopping for good. So i wanted to use something else to deal with the cravings (physiological) nothing physical.
Just trying to catch a mild buzz, but does not really seem to do too much for me.
I mean it might be that i used 40mg oxy for a little time, and that is why, but last time i used was 9th this month.
In that case it shouldn't be any other chemicals interfering. 40 mgs of oxy isn't much at all and if you aren't on any other meds then that is a pickle indeed.

Don't try and push the envelope. You may just end up ralphing. Maybe, just maybe you aren't going to notice the effects because kratom isn't in your face kind of stuff. It's pretty subtle. I have never actually gotten high on kratom. Little speedy, little drowsy, little talkative, little mood lift but high.....no. Never high. Not like oxy high or strong opioid high.

In that case it shouldn't be any other chemicals interfering. 40 mgs of oxy isn't much at all and if you aren't on any other meds then that is a pickle indeed.

Don't try and push the envelope. You may just end up ralphing. Maybe, just maybe you aren't going to notice the effects because kratom isn't in your face kind of stuff. It's pretty subtle. I have never actually gotten high on kratom. Little speedy, little drowsy, little talkative, little mood lift but high.....no. Never high. Not like oxy high or strong opioid high.
I'm on 10mg of citalopram, don't know if that could affect it. But I think it might just be because I'm expecting more, than it is really. Was hoping for some euphoria, but didn't seem to get. I think it might just not be for me. Now I've tried, and you gave me pretty much the answer I was seeking. However i didn't crave oxy, so maybe it still did a little. Thanks!

I'm on 10mg of citalopram, don't know if that could affect it. But I think it might just be because I'm expecting more, than it is really. Was hoping for some euphoria, but didn't seem to get. I think it might just not be for me. Now I've tried, and you gave me pretty much the answer I was seeking. However i didn't crave oxy, so maybe it still did a little. Thanks!
If you didn't crave oxy while you were on it then that's a win for the kratom.

I used it to get clean off of opies as well. It cured most of my cravings, kept me off a relapse, and keeps my mood stable and well adjusted.

Not sure about citalopram. Is it an AD? I have never taken AD's or AP's so I can't answer to that one.

If you didn't crave oxy while you were on it then that's a win for the kratom.

I used it to get clean off of opies as well. It cured most of my cravings, kept me off a relapse, and keeps my mood stable and well adjusted.

Not sure about citalopram. Is it an AD? I have never taken AD's or AP's so I can't answer to that one.
Yep its an SSRI. Im on it for anxiety.

Nice to hear it worked well for you. I guess it's a win yeah, because I often get a feeling that I "need something" you know. Something to make things a bit more fun, or if I'm bored, and I don't like alcohol so much. How much did you take for your mood, and how often?

Yep its an SSRI. Im on it for anxiety.

Nice to hear it worked well for you. I guess it's a win yeah, because I often get a feeling that I "need something" you know. Something to make things a bit more fun, or if I'm bored, and I don't like alcohol so much. How much did you take for your mood, and how often?
I started taking it 3 years ago and haven't stopped. I have been meaning to cut down for financial reasons but it works so well for me that i am dragging my feet lowering my dose. I take 3.5 mgs when I get up with my coffee. I hop on here for a bit and then I go have breakfast, feed my pets and walk my dog. I then take another 3.5 grams ( or 7 capsules). About a half hour before noon time I take 4 grams. I take another 4 grams around 4pm. Final dose is 7-8 grams at bedtime and I sleep like a baby.

So what's that........about 22 or 23 grams daily. It's like my anti anxiety, anti depressant, mood lift, energy drug. I can afford it ( barely ) and I don't get DUI's from it, don't go to jail. don't nod or pass out, don't steal from Walmart and it makes me a nice person !!

There is a lot of very weak kratom going around in the last year or two, it's not a vendor specific thing, it's just the state of the market. Even the best vendors have been getting bad batches.

Particularly red strains have been weak, but everything else as well.

I highly suggest checking out r/vendorsofkratom on reddit for recent reviews to find batches that are good. Or message me.

But if you used oxy 4 days ago that's probably a big factor too.

There is a lot of very weak kratom going around in the last year or two, it's not a vendor specific thing, it's just the state of the market
This is true. The massive increase in demand has strained the producers ability. It is not uncommon for farmers to basically cut their kratom with other plants so they can fill shipping containers for the big US importers. Then theres other weird things producers do, like soak in hydrogen peroxide (in hopes of increasing the 7-oh-mitragynine?)

How are you taking it? I was swallowing the capsules whole and felt nothing at all. I just figured my system doesn’t react to it. I didn’t feel effects until I emptied the capsules into a cup, microwave for about 30 seconds then let it steep for 10-15 minutes.

For someone used to taking oxy, the doses you mentioned are still in the low range. But also - what exactly are you looking to get from kratom. Its not going to make you nod like traditional opiates do. Its not a high at all, really. Try an extract shot - if that still doesnt do it for ya, nothing will. nothing kratom anyway