• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

I dreamnt about my first MDMA experience, what the hell?

gdimatt

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,

Before i explain what happened , I'd like to mention that I absolutely don't believe in spiritual or religious things of any sort, even after this experience. However this event still haunts me until today

2 years ago I had a dream , and I clearly remember waking up thinking " what a weird dream" , and I remember many events from it vividly.

3 weeks after this dream , I had my first ( and last ) MDMA experience. Long story short , i took 3 tabs of MDMA at an after hours and I was SERIOUSLY rolling. Midway through the rave I decide to go outside to smoke a cigarette , and since I wasn't given a bracelet for the rave. I made sure the bouncer remembered me for when i came back inside. I have red hair so i jokingly told the bouncer to remember my hair color. When i came back inside , the bouncer recognized me and pointed at my hair jokingly with a smile. I had dreamnt about this EXACT bouncer pointing at me in the EXACT way in the EXACT environment in my dream. I felt like it was dejavu , so I simply shrugged it off

Later on in the rave im sitting on a couch and I'm clearly fked up ( but having a hell of a great time lol ). Some random guy comes next to me and starts telling me about his MDMA prices. I dreamnt of this too , and then that's when it hit me that i had dreamnt of this! 5 minutes later there's a camera man sitting at a table next to the couch, and he strikes up a conversation with me , I was able to PREDICT what he was going to tell me...

I was able to predict some other minor events from that night very specifically.

Now I've been reading that on substances , dejavu can make people think they've experienced events before , however I clearly remember dreaming about this , and waking up thinking " what a weird dream"

Has this happened to anyone else?

IIRC. mdma activates receptors in the brain that make things seem familiar (e.g. Complete strangers loos familiar, etc).

I've experienced this phenomenon on MDMA on two different occasions. The first time was in a setting I was already familiar with, but the second occurance happened in a different town and everything. Definitely a profound sensation.

From what I remember, it's a result of some sort of lapse between long and short term memory, making things that you see/experience for the first time seem incredibly familiar.

Well I had a good time, but in my opinion thats what also makes MDMA addicting I guess. Sad to say, but the best time of my life was on that stuff 2 years ago

Not MDMA related but I had a dream I took LSD once, way before trying my first psychedelic, although I was reading up on them because I liked the trip reports so much.
I did smoke cannabis at the time and that's how I got familiar with Erowid and the trip reports.

The dream wasn't extraordinarily weird, but I remember taking a tab and I *knew* it was LSD. I don't know why, I just felt it inside. I felt wonderfully relaxed and woke up extremely refreshed (uncommon for me at the time).

Years later (let's say 5), I had my first psychedelic experience on mushrooms, and shortly after a whole bunch of Shulgin's RC's.
It wasn't until another 2 years that LSD found me, and I remember thinking "I know this feeling" right when the peak hit me. This was the feeling of my dream.
I tried LSD 2 more times since then and I have to say I don't feel like I'm under the influence. I just feel like "me". That's the best way I can describe it, and it's that feeling that made the dream feel so good.

OT: I do know the feeling of MDMA making things familiar. Hard to explain indeed.
Philosophically speaking, it brings me into the here and now, and because "this moment is all there is" they could feel the same. Arguably because there's no Ego to differentiate between them.

IIRC. mdma activates receptors in the brain that make things seem familiar (e.g. Complete strangers loos familiar, etc).

I've never heard of this being a general effect, but it sure happens to me all the time! Complete strangers of whom I'm absolutely positive I've seen them/ spoken to them before.

It is probably a much more common effect than people think. I've experienced it and a lot of my friends have too.

Well I had a good time, but in my opinion thats what also makes MDMA addicting I guess. Sad to say, but the best time of my life was on that stuff 2 years ago

It's addicting like sex or ice cream is though. I'm extremely concerned about addiction as it runs DEEP in my family. Heavy narcotics and alcohol. That being said, I'm 32 years old and I've never had a beer and smoked weed one time when I was 14. I'll drink 2 to 3 times a year, nothing major though. When my friends introduced me to MDMA I decided to try it. Absolutely amazing, just like you said. I instantly thought I was addicted. That's not the case though. I've been doing it for a year and only do it every 2 months or so. Is that addiction? Hardly lol. It is my opinion that if you can control your urges with MDMA, you can use it without abusing it. Personal decisions. I would advise to proceed with caution, but proceed.