• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids i don't understand my withdrawal experience

cottontail

Greenlighter
I've been using the blue fentanyl "presser" pills for the last three or four years, the ones that are sold as being fake M30s or A215s. A couple months ago I decided I'd like to stop as gracefully as possible. I wasn't really counting how much I was doing, but I'm estimating around 7-15/day, and I was going through 1-2 grams/week of meth too.

I'm completely off the meth now (for over a month? two months? it just kinda happened) and down to 3ish pills/day. I've gone as low as 1 pill/day once, 2 pills/day a couple times, but 3/day is ... comfortable. It was pretty easy getting this far, I just had to remember to structure my day so I wasn't reminded to take more so often.

What I don't understand is: the internet says I should be in withdrawals in 8-12 hours. But I can go up to 24 hours without even noticing anything. Frankly, I'm having a much harder time kicking the habit of reaching for powder to sniff than the physical cravings. After 24, 36 hours, I start to feel what I would describe as acutely, painfully present. Like a minute seems to last an eternity, I cannot distract myself or zone out, and nothing is interesting or engrossing; just *hard*. Time dilates and I feel acutely aware of every sensation, thought, breath, and it feels like it will last forever.

I've been too chicken to push it farther. (I've plateaued here for a few weeks now, out of anxiety about what it will feel and how long it will last for. I have an extremely high profile and high performing job, and I can't afford to be just "out of it" or depressed and non performing for a long period of time.)

First question: Why does it take me so long to feel any withdrawal effects? Does this mean it will prolong my withdrawal period as well? Everything I read on the internet doesn't match my experience of kicking opiates so far, so I'm terrified this means that I haven't yet tasted the worst of it. =(

Second question: I'm considering replacing the opiates with an inert powder to sniff, just to decouple the activity from the substance in my brain. Has anyone done this, did it help, and what did you use as a replacement powder if so?

Thanks.

It could be some fentanyl analogue with a long half life or something, give it 48 hours and you'll know if it gets worse. I started with basically the same thing though fake oxy 80s and found a good way of stopping was to start spreading your doses by 24 hours and just take the bare minimum.

Not sure about the inert powder I probably wouldn't though maybe caffeine would work

Opiate withdrawal tends to peak around day 3, for shorter-acting opiates. I feel pretty certain, unfortunately, that you have yet to feel the worst of it.

That's interesting. When I was on bupe (couple mg insufflated) I would be feeling a decent wd by 12-18 hours after my last dose, so I would imagine something as short acting as fent would have you in full wd by 48 hours.

OP are you certain is fent? Like the poster said above it could be a different rc opioid with a longer half life, although I would imagine youd notice that by being higher longer than a typical fent high.

Imo/e its better if you don't understand withdrawl once you do all that achieves is making it seem 10 times worse because your waiting for it yeah I'm a naive cunt at times but trying heroin is the biggest mistake of my life

Ganjacat in a way I agree, and in a way I disagree. knowing to much and then psyching yourself out really sucks, but I also firmly believe that the more data you can put into thought and practice, the more prepared you are to make the proper decisions, and keep clean.

Thanks for your responses. This really means a lot. I haven't spoken about this to anyone else in my life.

No, I'm not sure it's fentanyl; it's a relatively reputable darknet dealer who says they are "presses cut with fent" -- but who knows. However, I have used many different sources over the past few years, and always had a similar experience (i.e. never experienced any withdrawals in under 24 hours) which is why I was wondering if it was just some quirk of my personal physiology or something, if that is even possible. I haven't noticed anything different when I was using percocet and oxy prescriptions from the pharmacy, either ... I've just never gone into withdrawals in under a day. But I haven't really scientifically tested it, and I've never run out of meds either.

I don't really use to "get high", I used to control pain and maintain, or to unlock my creativity so I can work harder. To me, the fact that fent doesn't come with euphoria has been a feature, not a bug.

@Branggen thanks for the suggestion of dosing at 24hr intervals, I think that's a great idea and one I will try next.

@palm40 ugh. yeah, no medical care for me. I can access whatever supplies I need off the darknet, but I can't go to a doctor with this, for a pile of reasons. :( the thing I'm most terrified about is what happens if I detox and am too depressed to function at work for a lengthy period of time. That's simply not an option for at least another year. What do you mean by "ER substance"?

Well some knowledge is useful some is not and just a waste of brain power some knowledge is fleeting

Thanks for your responses. This really means a lot. I haven't spoken about this to anyone else in my life.

No, I'm not sure it's fentanyl; it's a relatively reputable darknet dealer who says they are "presses cut with fent" -- but who knows. However, I have used many different sources over the past few years, and always had a similar experience (i.e. never experienced any withdrawals in under 24 hours) which is why I was wondering if it was just some quirk of my personal physiology or something, if that is even possible. I haven't noticed anything different when I was using percocet and oxy prescriptions from the pharmacy, either ... I've just never gone into withdrawals in under a day. But I haven't really scientifically tested it, and I've never run out of meds either.

I don't really use to "get high", I used to control pain and maintain, or to unlock my creativity so I can work harder. To me, the fact that fent doesn't come with euphoria has been a feature, not a bug.

@Branggen thanks for the suggestion of dosing at 24hr intervals, I think that's a great idea and one I will try next.

@palm40 ugh. yeah, no medical care for me. I can access whatever supplies I need off the darknet, but I can't go to a doctor with this, for a pile of reasons. :( the thing I'm most terrified about is what happens if I detox and am too depressed to function at work for a lengthy period of time. That's simply not an option for at least another year. What do you mean by "ER substance"?
What gear are you using #4?

P.S. it's worth noting that I have been through this once before. I used roughly the same substances for a couple years about 15 years ago, then weaned myself off and didn't partake of them for almost a decade. But I didn't actually know much about opiate withdrawals (!) at the time, I thought the stimulants were the hard thing to kick, and there's a LOT I don't remember about the experience or what worked/didn't work for me then.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I will rethink my plan and not detox, in that case; maybe I will just work down to one pill a day or something and maintain there. I'm not sure how one can ever be sure that what they're getting are "pure pharms" nowadays. :(

Why does it take me so long to feel any withdrawal effects? Does this mean it will prolong my withdrawal period as well?
Some say it will prolong it but then a taper involves dropping dosage over a period of time so IMO taking a little may ease the WDs a little and if one can work out a weaning schedule this would be optimal. Not suggesting one go out and obtain a substance to ward off WDs... just from experience if one wants to get off the ride wait til it slows down.
BTW: Welcome to bluelight.
Surely there is support compassed 360*. :)
Guess we'll be seeing you around. That fcukin opiate wd sucks but relatively short in comparison to say long term benzo use/abuse and sudden cessation... just doesn't work that way it would seem. Go figure.
Hell you already into it just push through... it's a bitch but the sun does come back out and the smiles as well as the swag. ;)
Be one
P
I'm not sure how one can ever be sure that what they're getting are "pure pharms" nowadays.
Make sure they from a pharmacy... not being a smart ass but this helps a lot.