• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I don't understand how my tolerance is so high. I can't nod!?

Agree: glad you're ok and not injured. Look, you've been given a chance to to get past this period. Drug use is one thing, the suicidal ideation is another. Please let us know how you're doing?

I knew this was gonna happen. Kid was in way over his head. Now the question is how will he fare when he gets out of rehab, now that he's had a taste of IV drugs? I'm sure this isn't the last we will see of the stryker lol... Hope he gets the help he needs though and succeeds in staying clean.

Man all I can tell you is that last night I took a BUNCH (2 whole bottles, very expensive) of kratom tincture and it did nothing :(

I quit over a month ago and got no wds but the tolerance is still there and it got there over the course of 2 weeks.

This is why opioid addiction sucks.

Have you tried this brand of tincture before? I've tried them and seriously most of them are bullshit that don't even compare to plain leaf Kratom trust me man I've been on Krat for a long long time

^yeah I always use the same trusted brand (I know we can't name names but it's probably the most popular vendor on reddit at least) but who knows, could've been a weak batch. I did get really high from poppy seed tea the other day, though it was a strong batch and it took a decent amount. Ever since morphine became my DOC no type of kratom has done much for me, so I really think it's just tolerance.

To stay on topic though I think rehab might really be a blessing in disguise for OP, I wish you good luck shadowstryker.

I knew this was gonna happen. Kid was in way over his head. Now the question is how will he fare when he gets out of rehab, now that he's had a taste of IV drugs? I'm sure this isn't the last we will see of the stryker lol... Hope he gets the help he needs though and succeeds in staying clean.
Didn't we all? From the sounds of it he's going to end up with a pincushion arm sadly.... I just hope he doesn't end up going for the femoral... Or the jugular. That shit just scares me especially seeing it done in front of me on one person by another. It's some serious shit.

I've only been IVing heroin for less than a week. I started only needing like 70mg to catch a nod. I believe that was 5 days ago. Yesterday I had to IV over 100mg and snort some more afterwards to catch a nod. So today, 24 hours since my last dose, I figured 120mg would be a good dose. No nod. I just IVed more about 30 minute after my last dose totalling just over 200mg total and I still can't nod. There's no possible way my tolerance is rising this quickly, what's going on? I register 2-3 times every time I inject so I know for a fact it's all going into the vein. I just used the rest of my dope this use so there's nothing I can really do at this point except maybe pop a little Etizolam to potentiate the H, but I still want to know. Can tolerance really rise this fast? If I IVed 200mg 5 days ago I, without a doubt, would have passed out on the spot. Wtf is going on!?!

After injecting I took a couple hits off of my vaporizer, could nicotine perhaps be preventing the nod? Even then though it's only 6mg ejuice so it's less nicotine than a cigarette...please I don't know why I can't nod anymore.

man your lucky that increasing your dose will make you nod at all. I've been shooting junk for ten years and at this point the only way I can nod is by mixing meth, klonopin and heroin, which is like russian roulette.

and nicotine always kicked in the nod for me.

I'm on zubsolv (suboxone) now and a few sleep meds as well like 300mg seroquil and 50mg doxepin. Doxepin gets me pretty messed up/slurring and I hear you can shoot suboxone right?

Also, I'm out of rehab :)

Take your subs as intended. Shooting them will lead to you running out early as it doesn't last as long.

Take your subs as intended. Shooting them will lead to you running out early as it doesn't last as long.
Unfortunately though I signed a contract saying I have to attend an intensive outpatient program for 6 weeks which involves weekly drug screening, so shooting the subs will be my only way of getting high (assuming it can get me high). If I fail one of the drug screenings I'll be kicked out of my house. Same for if I don't go to them. They're 3 times a week, but because of the suboxone I can't even drink on the weekends so I'll probably be sticking to acid and psychsdelics for a while.

With suboxone, less is more. Shooting them when you are on a maintenance program does not get you high.

When you are taking sub-2 mg doses normally of subs it doesn't fill all the receptors so there are receptors left for norbuprenorphine (bupe's metabolite that acts as a full agonist) to attach to. Thus, people get a "high" from less bupe.

Taking more bupe (or shooting it) just leads to more receptors getting filled with buprenorphine which does nothing for a high--it will block opiates and cravings of course

Shooting bupe is what people do when they are trying to stretch a small supply. For example, (I'm not sure about exact equivalents), you can shoot 2mg and it'll act like 6 mg sublingual. Just an example, it may act more like 8mg but you get my drift. It also doesn't last as long so it's also what people do when they are not on maintenance but taking the sub to not be sick and want to be able to get high the next morning.

Glad you're out of rehab--though I'm surprised it was that fast--but then again the outpatient program will probably be more effective in the real world. Particularly the drug tests...

You may not like it at all, but maybe some time off all the substances will do you some good. It's hard to have clarity when you are always taking something/anything/everything. Most of the time you need some clean time to get that clarity back...

And remember this. Give it a chance. At best, the subs help you with the craving and allow you to focus on something other than drugs. At worst, well, drugs are always there. 6 weeks later, 6 months later, 6 years later, if you want to get high you always can. But this way you get a chance to not get caught up so young :)

With suboxone, less is more. Shooting them when you are on a maintenance program does not get you high.

When you are taking sub-2 mg doses normally of subs it doesn't fill all the receptors so there are receptors left for norbuprenorphine (bupe's metabolite that acts as a full agonist) to attach to. Thus, people get a "high" from less bupe.

Taking more bupe (or shooting it) just leads to more receptors getting filled with buprenorphine which does nothing for a high--it will block opiates and cravings of course

Shooting bupe is what people do when they are trying to stretch a small supply. For example, (I'm not sure about exact equivalents), you can shoot 2mg and it'll act like 6 mg sublingual. Just an example, it may act more like 8mg but you get my drift. It also doesn't last as long so it's also what people do when they are not on maintenance but taking the sub to not be sick and want to be able to get high the next morning.

Glad you're out of rehab--though I'm surprised it was that fast--but then again the outpatient program will probably be more effective in the real world. Particularly the drug tests...

You may not like it at all, but maybe some time off all the substances will do you some good. It's hard to have clarity when you are always taking something/anything/everything. Most of the time you need some clean time to get that clarity back...

And remember this. Give it a chance. At best, the subs help you with the craving and allow you to focus on something other than drugs. At worst, well, drugs are always there. 6 weeks later, 6 months later, 6 years later, if you want to get high you always can. But this way you get a chance to not get caught up so young :)

suboxone is a drug aswell,a rather strong one
No real "clarity" will come while on it and youre not clean when you using subs

Youre not wrong. But...

Well, I'm speaking comparatively. I dare say being on just a maintenance drug like subs as opposed to heroin, coke, weed , etizolam, alcohol and whatever else he was bouncing between, he will have far more clarity.

And " clean" is subjective as far as what it means to individuals.

Youre not wrong. But...

Well, I'm speaking comparatively. I dare say being on just a maintenance drug like subs as opposed to heroin, coke, weed , etizolam, alcohol and whatever else he was bouncing between, he will have far more clarity.

no being clean is just another word from being free of drugs,which almost nobody is because almost everyone drink coffee and/or drink alcohol sometimes
And subs are much worse than weed if you dont smoke weed everyday which is quite personality changing and underrated in its side effects

Youre not wrong. But...

I wouldn't even consider myself clean they're prescribing me so many mood-altering drugs. I'm on Zubsolv (suboxone), 300mg Seroquil, 50mg Doxepin, and Tegretrol.

Exactly shadow. Change your mindset and shoot to get clean not to get fucked up on whatever drugs you can as you will regret it later in life when you grow out of this phase you're in now. I'm not kidding you have a lot of work to do still before you're doing better.

Exactly shadow. Change your mindset and shoot to get clean not to get fucked up on whatever drugs you can as you will regret it later in life when you grow out of this phase you're in now. I'm not kidding you have a lot of work to do still before you're doing better.
I'll wait the 6 weeks and maybe get into it again. I'll stick to psychsdelics for now.