• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I dont like the name of this thread :( But what can we call them!?

halfHead

Greenlighter
Hello :) I am all for open source information and medicine but I couldn't go past this title. I know, literally, they ARE psychedelic drugs but, you know what I'm going to say :) Negative connotation! Even psychedelic has a negative connotation in the older circles. But the word "drug" just screams "dirty".

I have been thinking about this for a while. Generally when I have questions about psychoactives/psychedelics/entheogenics/etc, I ask the person/people what they prefer them to be called. I think we need a new name for these substances! I also think psychoactive is inaccurate because you can have a psychoactive experience without it being psychedelic but you cannot have a psychedelic experience without it being psychoactive. Entheogenic, meaning "generating the divine within" or "generating the god within", doesn't fit all people's way of thinking. God also has a "negative" connotation.

So what? I've always loved the term "teacher plants" or "teacher mushrooms". Too simple though. Any thoughts!?

sentire experientiam "Experiencing Experience".... hehe

All drugs are medications all medications are drugs. Methamphetamine for example is a medication for over weight people in the USA. Many drugs are discarded products of pharmaceutical research. Psychoactive... an SSRI is psychoactive. To assume a plant is less potentially dangerous than a synthetically derived "drug" is often a fatal misconception. How about abandoning the Latin and Dionysus new age type ideology and realize that all things are as they are: psychedelic drugs are labeled as such because they to some degree effect our psychological state indeed 4 aco dmt with etizolam and codeine make for a lovely psychedelic experience. If I come across as rude or abrupt I apologize but why psychedelics attract so many new age wowsers is beyond me. Ohh this is a ++++ trip in the shulgin scale.

Just because a lot of people are misinformed about drugs and base their opinion on skewed perspectives from scary stories and demonisation by media and rumors... doesn't mean we should find a euphemism.

What needs to change is how people are educated about drugs, that may help.

But technically everything ranging from the most therapeutic safe / harmless medication to the most serious drug of abuse... is all drugs because they have an action on the mind/body.

If anything, use the word you used yourself already: psychedelic as a noun rather than adjective.