• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I didn't think this was possible.. Thoughts?

Spadez87

Bluelighter
Hey, I'm almost 27 been smoking pretty much straight since 13. Most of my time with weed has been good. Id take small breaks here and there if anxiety or panic attacks came. After I'd slowly reintroduce myself to the drug and every thing would go back to normal. I am diagnosed with bipolar 2, BPD, GAD and panic so I was never surprised if I was one of people who weed wouldn't agree with a times. I also take 10mgs Valium a day.

Well yesterday I'd smoked prob 2gs with my gf and her friend out of a vape
It was all good. I left for the 45 min drive home and took a 2mg Valium on the hwy. (been taking benzos in at time vast amounts for 11 years). Well I started to black out, some how made it home and passed out of the couch.

Here's what happened which has never in my 14 years smoking. I woke up body hurting kinda like achy but not sick. I thought nothing of it and just went about everything normal just thinking i smoked to much of this really good stuff. I went to sleep woke up still feeling the same.

Here is where shit hit the fan. My girl and I smoked a joint and I got these intense body pains. I instantly started to get a minor fever, got dizzy and lost all ability to keep food in. In one way out the other type thing. This all last 4 hours and I still feel off but a lot better.

Could this be the weed? I don't think so but I can't think of food poisoning I might have gotten and this was no panic attack as I have had 100s. I was actually really calm because these days for various reasons I've kinda excepted death. Maybe I'm just getting older and thought id be dead already

So anyone have any idea what this could be? Has it happened to anyone else? I know it's legit weed 100 percent. And I haven't done the hard stuff in years minus benzos.

Weeds all I got left lol I can't quit

Hi Spadez87.... something similar.

I've been prescribed Lorazepam and Diazepam for anxiety disorder/panic attacks and Paxil/Effexor for GAD (we are talking about generalized anxiety disorder here, right?) and OCD. The Paxil and Effexor did not agree with me at all; became violently ill within 4 hours of starting it. The Lorazepam and Diazepam helped....sorta. I stopped taking these meds and just work, stay at home and grocery shop. Took Alprazolam unprescribed for ~10 years.

As to the pains caused by Cannabis, I'd say yes. Within 5-10 minutes of smoking I get overall body pains, but it fades out after 30 minutes or so (I just ride it out), I actually haven't had benzo's in ~5 years.

For me, yeah it is panic attacks. I had it happen to me when in the hospital and I was told 'we think you've had a heart attack'. Boom, out like a light and woke up feeling like a son of a bitch; hurt all over. What I've taken away from my doctors (and I realize this isn't the same for everyone) is that panic attacks ca cause real physical pain.

I won't tell you to quit. I do use vapes, but they seem to make anxiety worse for me. Most of my Cannabis is bong consumed at the moment.

Good luck

Tom

Hi Spadez87.... something similar.

I've been prescribed Lorazepam and Diazepam for anxiety disorder/panic attacks and Paxil/Effexor for GAD (we are talking about generalized anxiety disorder here, right?) and OCD. The Paxil and Effexor did not agree with me at all; became violently ill within 4 hours of starting it. The Lorazepam and Diazepam helped....sorta. I stopped taking these meds and just work, stay at home and grocery shop. Took Alprazolam unprescribed for ~10 years.

As to the pains caused by Cannabis, I'd say yes. Within 5-10 minutes of smoking I get overall body pains, but it fades out after 30 minutes or so (I just ride it out), I actually haven't had benzo's in ~5 years.

For me, yeah it is panic attacks. I had it happen to me when in the hospital and I was told 'we think you've had a heart attack'. Boom, out like a light and woke up feeling like a son of a bitch; hurt all over. What I've taken away from my doctors (and I realize this isn't the same for everyone) is that panic attacks ca cause real physical pain.

I won't tell you to quit. I do use vapes, but they seem to make anxiety worse for me. Most of my Cannabis is bong consumed at the moment.

Good luck

Tom

Interesting, and yeah we're talking general anxiety disorder.

The same thing happens to me with panic these days I guess.

Stress, anxiety, depression and anger have always caused physical pain. I guess I can add panic to the list.

Also I get pretty wound up easily. Combo of shit knees, life stuff and bipolar. Better learn to chill or I'm gonna have a stroke by 30

Whenever something similar happens to me, I chalk it up to being sick. Not full-blown, go-to-the-hospital sick, just, you know.... the I've-been-using-drugs-daily-for-over-a-decade-and-my-immune-system-just-seems-overtaxed-and-undervigilant kind of sick.

With this temporary kind of stuff, I just do my best to not smoke until I'm sure the scariest of the symptoms are gone.

This shit's definitely not normal, though, I can tell you that for a fact.

I've experienced real physical pain from anxiety, strange and vivid bodily sensations from cannabis, and anxiety from cannabis. While I haven't experienced all three at the same time, it could easily happen. I'd say you're not in danger but weed may just disagree with you. You could try different strains, different amounts, etc. Good luck.

As Jibult said, it sounds like your immune system was down. It happens to most people at points through their lives I think. You may have had slight food poisoning or something or a bug/flu kinda thing.

I've had some crazy ones over the 2 decades I have been using weed, like spasms where I'd be in bed shaking and so cold and things like that.