• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction I can't tell if im experiencing withdrawals or not

Benja207

Greenlighter
Firstly I was prescribed gabapentin to come off of kratom. I began tapering kratom.... The only drug u used this year was kratom, that is until I decided to taper then quit cold turkey after a long try at tapering. I began drinking and smoking weed during the taper and taking gabapentin. The taper went well but I quit my job (for good reason) and decided to cold turkey the day after that. Why not I had time off. I've been off it almost 3 weeks. So I have been taking gabapentin on most days for a few months now (5 or so months) since I began the tsper. When I went cold turkey a friend offered me xanax. Mind you I hadn't taken anything but kratom, alcohol, gabapentin and weed all year AND I only took kratom until I began tapering it. Substituting and using comfort meds was not the best idea in retrospect. Then the same friend offered me meth a shit ton for $20. More than an 8ball. He found it on the floor of his truck lol. Anyways,, I ended up flushing most of it because it scared the shit out of me after a couple days... bad Idea taking it in the first place. I spent three days awake and scared the shit out of my roomate. Anyways I stopped that after two days of use. But I continued the xanax. Then I quit the xanax. But get this, near the end of my taper I was having heroin cravings. I haven't had strong heroin cravings in years really. So after I quit (a week or so off kratom) my dumbass decided to do heroin. So I did heroin for 2 days on 1 day off and 3 days on. And I definitely was having withdrawal from it so I sourced some subs and took 4mg the first day - 4mg the second - 2mg the third day - 1mg the 4th day - and today 1mg (so far).

So, Nvm about the gabapentin wd. There's no way to tell if what I'm experiencing is partially gabaoentin withdrawal. But i do get comfortable mid day if I haven't taken it.

So I guess this post is just here for support lol. I'm just on 1mg sub and 800-1600mg gabapentin a day rn. Some nights u have impulsively drank a little to help sleep. I don't want to drink either. That's it for use the last few days though

Edit: My doctor also gave me ambien for sleep. I didn't tell her about all the drugs I was taking. But on the first two nights I took the ambien I was behaving. Surprisingly the ambien didn't seem to have any noticeable effects. Except I cleaned the house. I remember cleaning it. But I don't remember feeling high or anything. After that is when I dabbled with heroin and then now suboxone. The last two nights is when I "relapsed" on heroin for a short stint. Mind you it's been years since I've taken heroin for more than a night and about 8 months since I took any at all. Years since I've been hooked on heroin/pain pills etc. Infact up until kratom last year I haven't been badly hooked on opiates/opioids in years. Kratom for me had wayyyy too many side effects and my health suffered very badly because of it. However, I was able to work and function. Right now I can't function. I need to be clean. But I've truly fucked up this kratom quit and now have to taper suboxone. Which honestly is worse. Luckily I haven't been on it long. But I wake up feeling shitty af

Last edited:
The only way to tell for sure if you're withdrawing is to stop taking everything. I know it's hard, I have been using addictive drugs to help me come off of other addictive drugs and going around and around for a while. Opiates to gabapentin and back again. It is definitely possible to come off of something successfully with another thing, but you have to be really careful and make sure you don't just swap one addiction for another.

The last time I succeeded in getting off everything, I went from opiates to gabapentin, then phenibut to get off gabapentin, because I find phenibut easier to come off of since it lasts so long... I can cut a day out and manage to stabilize, then cut another day out and stabilize, then cut another day and stabilize, and from there it's every 4 days and I can jump off with just some insomnia and transient anxiety that lasts like 2 weeks.

I ended up taking another 1mg of sub yesterday (2mg total). Today I've taken 0.5mg and 600mg gabapentin