• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos I can't take banzos anymore

Ever had to come off of benzos before? Any withdrawal experience(s)?
It's def doable but depending on use it could take some time to keep the most crippling side effects from taking hold.

Ever had to come off of benzos before? Any withdrawal experience(s)?
It's def doable but depending on use it could take some time to keep the most crippling side effects from taking hold.
Yes as well as well as opiate withdrawal actually I'm currently withdrawing from heroin my eyes won't stop watering

Not all benzos are created equal. I think etjzolam, pyrazolam and especially clobazam are quire benign but I've seen people go mad with highly potent analogues and particularly nitrobenzodiazepines. I KNOW clonazepam made me aggressive so I swapped to clobazam; much batter.

There are also related compounds like etifoxine & chlormezanone.

I didn't mention agents like barbiturates, methiazoles or quinazolines because they are dangerous and hypnotic in action.

I can't take benzos anymore I have no self control and take too many and they give me no fear and I get it Into rages and confrontations or act irrationality and get sectioned
I didn’t have that problem when I was on Xanax, Valium but I didn’t drink with them period, most of the bad stories I’ve heard that include benzos there was always alcohol involved,
Do you drink alcohol and take them ?

No I mean yea obviously sometimes I will drink on them but I find Xanax makes me go crazy im ok on valium they are chill but even taking valium at work has made me offer out a supervisor for a fight and get caught shoplifting whilst on a lunch break at work

I mentioned that nitrobenzodiazepines were worse? Well, they have high a1 affinity - same site as ethanol. That is why alone they can cause the madness usually associated with benzos + alcohol.

I get it Into rages and confrontations or act irrationality and get sectioned
All this is common with high dose benzodiazepine use. Of course, like everything, this will not be so for everyone but it is common enough.
It doesn't get any better IME unless it is got under control or ceased (as in my case).

No I mean yea obviously sometimes I will drink on them but I find Xanax makes me go crazy im ok on valium they are chill but even taking valium at work has made me offer out a supervisor for a fight and get caught shoplifting whilst on a lunch break at work
Well as long as you don’t have a benzo habit( daily long term use) you’ll be doing yourself a huge favor and soon you’ll recognize that combining the two was the problem , and to think that avoiding Xanax will be a solution and just sticking with Valium I’m sure in a short amount of time they’ll turn on you also.. benzos and alcohol are a receipt for disaster and it’s not just you ,it’s very common..

Well as long as you don’t have a benzo habit( daily long term use) you’ll be doing yourself a huge favor and soon you’ll recognize that combining the two was the problem , and to think that avoiding Xanax will be a solution and just sticking with Valium I’m sure in a short amount of time they’ll turn on you also.. benzos and alcohol are a receipt for disaster and it’s not just you ,it’s very common..
Yea I think I'm gonna cut them out along with most things I'm ok on on Lyrica tho I'm tired of getting arrested sectioned or hospitalised as are a common occurrence in my life I've never met someone as crazy as me and yet can be so normal and smart yet do dumb shit it's double edged sword I guess it's funny people always tell me how much potential I have and that I'm smart good looking and have a lot going for me don't believe me when I tell them all the skatty shitt I've done but I'm slowly ruining my life with drugs

I hope this doesn't come out sounding too condescending...

but yes, please stop.

This is generally an issue for people with low tolerance who take too high of a dose. Or combine it with alcohol.

It use to happen to me in my 20's. But now I'm in my 30's and take clonazepam daily & it has not been a problem.

Abuse of this class of meds just makes it harder for people who really need them.

I find benzos make me feel very dysphoric and they dull the euphoria of any other drugs I take.
So I've never understood why people abused them so much, unless it's just a self destructive/addiction mindset type of thing (been there too).
But in the end, they're just not fun drugs to be using for that purpose.
You'll also make any anxiety you have worse when you stop (or you'll develop anxiety if you don't already have it).

If you feel you need benzos for anxiety/panic relief, you will need to learn some self control.
Otherwise, I would quit while you're ahead.
Best of luck!

I hope this doesn't come out sounding to condescending...

but yes, please stop.

This is generally an issue for people with low tolerance who take too high of a dose.

It use to happen to me in my 20's. But now I'm in my 30's and take clonazepam daily & it has not been a problem.

Abuse of this class of meds just makes it harder for people who really need them.

I find benzos make me feel very dysphoric and they dull the euphoria of any other drugs I take.
So I've never understood why people abused them so much, unless it's just a self destructive/addiction mindset type of thing (been there too).
But in the end, they're just not fun drugs to be using for that purpose.
You'll also make any anxiety you have worse when you stop (or you'll develop anxiety if you don't already have it).

If you feel you need benzos for anxiety/panic relief, you will need to learn some self control.
Otherwise, I would quit while yo
unless it's just a self destructive/addiction mindset type of thing yes in a nut shell although I like to keep them on hand to help with sleep if I've been taking too many stimulants it if I take too much speed I like taking them a sniffing coke or smoking crack whilst on them as well but find I end up abusing them and have no self control

unless it's just a self destructive/addiction mindset type of thing yes in a nut shell although I like to keep them on hand to help with sleep if I've been taking too many stimulants it if I take too much speed I like taking them a sniffing coke or smoking crack whilst on them as well but find I end up abusing them and have no self control
Do you have an anxiety disorder?

Do you actually feel euphoria from taking so many?

It's interesting to see how different people can be or react to drugs.
I try to avoid benzos unless I absolutely have to, cause I don't enjoy the zombie-brain or the drowsiness from them.
But everyone's different I suppose, so maybe they affect you differently.

I could literally have a bucket full of benzos in front of me and not really feel tempted.
But then again, I'm also the type who use to be able to take heroin without going overboard with it, so I think it requires a bit of discipline and determination on the part of the individual using them.

Sorry to hear this brother.
In the end, only you will have the power to exercise self control. It takes some work, but it's worth it to try, if you want to be able to use without too many problems.

Do you know anybody you'd be willing to trust with your meds? Maybe they can hold onto them for you or something.

I mean everyone experience anxiety but no I'm usually pretty confident I mainly take any and everything to get fucked up for me I guess the fun in taking them is the zero fucks and using them to relax and the use with other drugs to take the edge off but no they don't really get me high but intoxicated yes and valium has a nice body high and is chill pregablin gets me high tho

True, everyone has anxiety at certain times of their life.

But having an anxiety disorder is a totally different thing.
Was just curious cause usually you hear about people who have legit anxiety disorders becoming more addicted to benzos rather than people who don't really need them to function or for daily anxiety relief.
Usually it's the going from a tense anxious state into a relief state that people get hooked on. (Although I didn't).
Sounds like you just take them for the inhibition. Which I think will eventually disappear if you end up totally dependent. I don't get loss of inhibition now a days when I take clonazepam.
You might have some slight social anxiety and not know it, if you feel like you need a drug to do help you do certain things. Just spitballin'.

Benzos are similar to alcohol in that respect. The whole "liquid courage" thing. But I don't think it lasts. Cause I can take 2mg of klonopin now a days and still be in total control of myself. Although in my 20's at times, it was a little different, but I wasn't actually prescribed them then.

Same here. I decided to cancel my prescription for lorazepam and just take my chances on anxiety/panic attacks. The last time that I binged on benzos, I woke up with a hammer in my sock drawer, an oven mitt on my hat rack, the basement door open and something like 32 pills missing! :oops:
Yea that shit tends to happen hoo youre much safe and one love you sexy motherfucker