• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I can't dream and i can't sleep for a week now...

Frozenpeople19

Greenlighter
It's been over a week since I quit toking and.. well the title says it all. I don't think its normal to have withdrawal insomnia for THIS long? I see people post that they have vivid dreams etc..

1.) I don't dream at all. I still can't sleep till its 3-4AM, and even then it feels like my eyes just can't shut down. I sleep for 3-4 hours max a night now.
2.) After a week I still get anxiety and panic attacks CONSTANTLY, I'm on holiday right now and I can't seem to even enjoy sitting and chilling on the beach... what is this
3.) Nothing that comes out of my mouth is positive, everything is negative to the point where people around me want to jump off bridges and avoid me. I've deleted all social media as it only pisses me off and makes me angry. Going to read books/make music and avoid humans for a bit...

I feel like I've gone crazy.... :?

Yes, I've tried melatonin, 5htp, phenibut and whatnot for sleep and taking the edge off, no i havent overdone phenibut (ive been avoiding that crap since it only makes me hate myself worse).

Try a mix of Valerian, spearmint or melissa officinalis, and Chamomile in either a tea or grinded in gelcaps. I would recommend 2g of each dry. As for the spearmint and melissa officinalis you can go up to 5g with no problems. Good to replace any sleeping drugs. This mix is supposed to be at least as potent as the lowest dose of sleep drug a doc would give you. To me its only a benzo potentiation combo but it can be used for tons of things.

If you want to know how it works, basically its getting the 2 major activities of alcohol that gets you sleepy and unstressed. (GABA activity and concentration increased and Glutamic acid at NMDA receptor downregulated)

Oh I almost forgot green tea which shares cannabinoid activity with cannabis. The EGCG, a flavonoid in green tea, goes to the same receptor as THC and stimulates it to a lower level.

PLANTS POWER !

If you don't have a total lack of appetite, consider yourself lucky. For the initial two weeks, I would puke my guts out multiple times daily. I would eat one small slice of pizza, 20 minutes later puke. Literally go days without being able to get anything down. After a month, my appetite came back with a vengeance but I had lost around 20 pounds at that point.

I'm at two years now, and my chronic panic attacks have become more of an extreme generalized anxiety at this point.

You speak of negative - I used to be suicidal coming off weed due to the chemical imbalance. That took around a couple months to resolve (I'm normally pretty upbeat). It wasn't just lethargy; for some reason whenever I ran out of weed I wanted to kill myself and I would cut myself. I'm just not like that anymore, a few months without weed and although nothing else had changed, I was for the most part cheerful.

Weed abuse, especially after a good decade or so of it, can definitely cause a 'long term comedown' like you hear about in the rave forum. I'm still recovering after two years. I estimate I'm almost halfway there. There's nothing you can do, really. Exercise and healthy eating are over-rated in my opinion - it's important yeah, but if you fuck yourself up then there's no short-term solution. To state the obvious, you should NEVER touch weed again, but I think you know that.

Good luck, that stuff completely fucked my head up - worse than all the other drugs I've taken combined. It's unbelievable how badly weed abuse fucked my head up - suicidal depression (for no reason apart from the chemical imbalance), the worst physical withdrawals I've ever had (made opiates and benzos look like a joke in comparison), triggered a long term mental illness (severe panic attack disorder), altered my personality into that of a compete retard while I was smoking it - and worst of all, the addiction made me blind to the negative effects. I couldn't even decide whether I wanted to quit or not because of the anxiety it was causing me. Whenever I was sober all I could think about was getting a hit, whenever I was stoned all I thought about was how bad I needed to quit. This went on for years because I just couldn't quit until I had been through relapse after relapse and decided to get real help.

Two years later and it's a world of difference though. It's a damn shame that stuff can fuck with your brain so bad and everyone thinks it's harmless. I personally find heroin to be much less addictive and life destroying, as well as more controllable. Being a pothead was like the combination of a severe heroin addict, a benzo addict, with that of a crackhead - I had all the dope sickness, the extreme anxiety, the soul-stealing burnout (lost all my creativity), couldn't even remember my dreams when I was on that garbage, and the constant, never-ending fiending. MISERABLE drug, if only I had been educated. If only I had seen a burnout or two before I smoked my first joint at 15. By the time I was a mature adult, I was hooked so bad nobody was ever going to stop me until I triggered a psychotic break.

To state the obvious, this doesn't happen to everyone. It's like how a lot of people drink daily without being alcoholics.

Oh ya and for the first week I literally didn't sleep at all. Zero hours... nights were spent pacing back and forth screaming in agony feeling like I was having a heart attack. Ended up at the hospital freaking out. But it's the post-acute withdrawal syndrome that really fucked me up.

Last edited:
Not to sound like I dont understand how weed was hurtful to you, I think what you experiance was linked to a genetic imbalance with dopamine, to be even more precise, at the exact place where THC delivers dopamine ! if i'm right you should NEVER EVER TRY COKE. Cannabinoids like THC release Dopamine by blocking GABA.

If you are HIGHLY sensitive to dopamine or if you lack transporters or have too much transporters etc. for dopamine it will create imbalance to other places of the brain during the experiance. Then when you come down weed you want to kill yourself because there is no more dopamine at the place of the brain where it gives pleasure/satisfaction (the exact place where coke has an effect). So basically you get a total dysphoria because you've used up your dopamine.
Technically taking L-DOPA after weed COULD clear that but I would even try in your position because it would be like opening pandora's box...

My point is mabe weed is tolerable for some people and not for others just like alcohol or psychedelics or even being sober (I dont include antidepressant because to me it can be replaced by tryptamines hallucinogens)! All that encoded in our DNA. So lets not be totally closed minded and say we all have different bodies that react differently to different drugs.

Not to sound like I dont understand how weed was hurtful to you, I think what you experiance was linked to a genetic imbalance with dopamine, to be even more precise, at the exact place where THC delivers dopamine ! if i'm right you should NEVER EVER TRY COKE. Cannabinoids like THC release Dopamine by blocking GABA.

If you are HIGHLY sensitive to dopamine or if you lack transporters or have too much transporters etc. for dopamine it will create imbalance to other places of the brain during the experiance. Then when you come down weed you want to kill yourself because there is no more dopamine at the place of the brain where it gives pleasure/satisfaction (the exact place where coke has an effect). So basically you get a total dysphoria because you've used up your dopamine.
Technically taking L-DOPA after weed COULD clear that but I would even try in your position because it would be like opening pandora's box...

My point is mabe weed is tolerable for some people and not for others just like alcohol or psychedelics or even being sober (I dont include antidepressant because to me it can be replaced by tryptamines hallucinogens)! All that encoded in our DNA. So lets not be totally closed minded and say we all have different bodies that react differently to different drugs.

This actually makes a lot of sense. I've done coke at least 4-5 times this year, perhaps that is why coming down from weed has been so difficult for me? But does that mean I've got a dopamine problem in general? 8(

I also have a feeling that people that rolled js with tobacco have another problem quitting due to nicotine withdrawal (I still smoke 1-2 cigs a day, but it doesn't compare to how much I used to smoke if you count in the js etc).

From what i've read about you and considering what i'm sure i know about pharmacology and neuroscience (I dont have school background) ..yet .. You seem to be attracted to things that liberate dopamine and have a hard time wearing off them, so id say stay away from most potentially addictive things.
Because you will experiance the same bipolar symptoms. If inwere you id be sadly accepting to never use drugs unless in controlled place making sure to endure the come down. Weed and coke are the best to identify this type of brain. Every brain is different!

Quitting this shitty drug forever.. never touching it even with a stick. 8+ days of non stop insomina, can't even sleep for an hour.... what hope do I even have at this point when even when my body is dead tired and my eyes are blood red, I still can't sleep after a week. Losing my mind