• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I am very, very upset/depressed

Rexii

Greenlighter
Ten great years with my Cannabis.

I originally used it to get over a bad break-up back when I was 20. Was with her for 4 years blah blah blah started smoking Pot and found a new reason to go on.

A year ago to date, I was going to the Gym, coming home and Vaping my weed. I was staying up late to chat with my now long term partner (this was a year ago), and was stoned, as per usual - nothing new there. Suddenly, I feel a flutter. I feel these from time to time, VERY seldomly though. But then a minute later, another one. Then another.

I went to a cardiologist, because I noticed that with my pulse I could feel a skipped beat with each flutter. He tells me its all in my head, and refused to believe it was due to me using cannabis. This was after an echo, holter and stress test. I only get them in the evening.

So I continue to use Cannabis, happily. As time passed the flutters were every night, but only when trying to go to bed - I didn't care about them. Two months ago, I had an anxiety attack while stoned, and went to the ER. I was referred to a cardiologist after that just to be safe. Turns out those flutters are PAC (Premature Atrial Contractions). This recent appointment was only a couple of months ago as well. I kept using, but then, the contractions began coming in pairs, then triplets.

The further I get from my last smoke, the less I get the contractions. I'm pretty sure it is to do with the Cannabis.

Now, I'm depressed. It has been two weeks since my last smoke. What do I do now? Nothing seems interesting anymore. Movies and Cartoons that I loved don't feel as fun. Mind you I have no more withdrawal symptoms. No more cravings, because I spaced my smokes out. When I tried to quit, the first was 3 days later, then 5 days, then 5 days, now its been two weeks (give or take).

It was my best friend for so long - it helped me cope with having Social Anxiety as well. It used to be my desert, my after dinner mint, my on the road companion, my reward after a long day... Now, I have nothing. Can;t do speedy drugs, hate drinking, can't smoke weed... I hate Alcohol with a vengeance. It is the worst thing in the world. I'm 28 years old.

I love my Partner, I love my job (because I work for myself), and life in general is pretty darn good I must admit. But I like drugs - I like the feeling of drugs, I like being stoned on Cannabis. Now I think if I smoke weed I'm going to die.

The fuck do I do now...

Ten great years with my Cannabis.

I originally used it to get over a bad break-up back when I was 20. Was with her for 4 years blah blah blah started smoking Pot and found a new reason to go on.

A year ago to date, I was going to the Gym, coming home and Vaping my weed. I was staying up late to chat with my now long term partner (this was a year ago), and was stoned, as per usual - nothing new there. Suddenly, I feel a flutter. I feel these from time to time, VERY seldomly though. But then a minute later, another one. Then another.

I went to a cardiologist, because I noticed that with my pulse I could feel a skipped beat with each flutter. He tells me its all in my head,
nd refused to believe it was due to me using cannabis. This was after an echo, holter and stress test. I only get them in the evening.

So I continue to use Cannabis, happily. As time passed the flutters were every night, but only when trying to go to bed - I didn't care about them. Two months ago, I had an anxiety attack while stoned, and went to the ER. I was referred to a cardiologist after that just to be safeTurns out those flutters are PAC (Premature Atrial Contractions). This recent appointment was only a couple of months ago as well. I kept using, but then, the contractions began coming in pair, then triplets.

The further I get from my last smoke, the less I get the contractions. I'm pretty sure it is to do with the Cannabis.

Now, I'm depressed. It has been two weeks since my last smoke. What do I do now? Nothing seems interesting anymore. Movies and Cartoons that I loved don't feel as fun. Mind you I have no more withdrawal symptoms. No more cravings, because I spaced my smokes out. When I tried to quit, the first was 3 days later, then 5 days, then 5 days, now its been two weeks (give or take).

It was my best friend for so long - it helpeme cope with having Social Anxiety as well. It used to be my desert, my after dinner mint, my on the road companion, my reward after a long day... Now, I have nothing. Can;t do speedy drugs, hate drinking, can't smoke weed... I hate Alcohol with a vengeance. It is the worst thing in the world. I'm 28 years old.

I love my Partner, I love my job (because I work for myself), and life in general is pretty darn good I must admit. But I like drugs - I like the feeling of drugs, I like being stoned on Cannabis. Now I think if I smoke weed I'm going to die.

The fuck do I do now...

While I do not have personal experience with cannibis, I do with opiates(heroin, oxys) and benzos(Xanax.) I smoke weed, he'll I'm high right now but never went through "weed withdrawal." But I'm sure it would fall in line with any other chemical you put in your body to alter your state of mind.
It'll get easier. I know that sucks to hear right now but time helps A LOT. I remember coming off heroin, & it's 3 weeks later, you're past(for the most part) the physical part & you're starting the mental(which is ALMOST as hard as the physical.)
I could NOT get it out of my head. All I thought about,like constantly. I was depressed. Something was missing BIG-TIME & I wanted it back. Like you said(while you might have a boy/girlfriend @ the time, your DOC always comes before them, @ least with me) it's your best friend,partner,it's everything and now it's gone. And I would think cannabis wouldn't have hardly as many negative consequences as heroin, so you wouldn't have that as much as a motivator, but thinking you're going to die if you smoke is a pretty big one. Is it from the effect of smoking cannabis or from smoking the cannabis itself? Because my first thought is edibles. And dont think "I'm never going to smoke weed ever again." Because that's way to far off. Just think I'm not going to smoke TODAY. And that's not that bad. And talk about it, it was your partner for 10 years, you'll miss it, but as time goes by you'll forget how much you loved it.

I'm in the same exact position
I just went sober from weed and a variety of other drugs
And now life is just fucking BORING...
People told me once i went sober it'd be a whole new beautiful world, but it's empty and bleak and i feel like shit all the time.

Don't you have any long-term goals for your career; for your partner? Now is the time to be thinking about where you want to be in twenty years, or forty years. No matter how great things seem now, it's not going to last forever the way it is, and it would be boring as shit if it did. Figure out what you want in life, and work toward it.

Don't you have any long-term goals for your career; for your partner? Now is the time to be thinking about where you want to be in twenty years, or forty years. No matter how great things seem now, it's not going to last forever the way it is, and it would be boring as shit if it did. Figure out what you want in life, and work toward it.

Oh indeed I have my goals and whatnot. Cannabis never interfered with any of that in the entire ten years I consumed.

My sadness is that I am unable to use it as a once in a blue moon activity anymore, due to these heart complications I suffer.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that using Cannabis would cause me an arrhythmia! This is something non-existent in my family tree. Yet when I go to bed at night its Beat, Quick Beat, Pause, Thud! Beat and repeat in pairs of triplets.

This is why I think I'm going to die if I smoke weed - I think I am going to go into cardiac arrest in my sleep or something lol...

Thanks for your responses guys :)

On second thought, I'm starting to wonder if your doc isn't just careless. Quick googling says beta blockers are used to treat this, did he prescribe anything like that? Also, the fact that you have no family history would indicate that at the very least you should have been sent for a full blood panel test to rule out any deficiency or excess that could cause this as a side-effect. I admitedly don't know f-all about cardiology but I do know there are far, far too many useless docs practicing medicine.

On second thought, I'm starting to wonder if your doc isn't just careless. Quick googling says beta blockers are used to treat this, did he prescribe anything like that? Also, the fact that you have no family history would indicate that at the very least you should have been sent for a full blood panel test to rule out any deficiency or excess that could cause this as a side-effect. I admittedly don't know f-all about cardiology but I do know there are far, far too many useless docs practicing medicine.

He doesn't want to treat them as yet and is giving me an event monitor and blood pressure monitor.

The reason for this is with my Holter I only registered 164 PACs that evening. The night after was WAY worse, and funnily enough was when I didn't have my Holter. It makes me feel like a crazy person, but anyway... So the next night I had a smoke, went to sleep and noticed a strange pattern. It was a PAC followed by some quick beats then back to normal Rhythm. Naturally I got on the internet to look that up, which has not helped me in any way shape or form and only contributes to my anxiety. I thought that it was A-Fib.

I am honesty CRAVING a smoke right now. It is Easter Long Weekend, I want an energy drink and a smoke and play some cards.

idk what to tell to you other than other drugs like kratom which will probably just get you addicted. It's the same problem I have(minus the heart thing so i can still smoke srry) but basically even with everything going good I can't be positive or have fun without chemicals.

Does the same thing happen if you consume cannabis edibles?

I'm with thujone that beta blockers and a blood test might ease some of your anxiety over this.

I'm with thujone that beta blockers and a blood test might ease some of your anxiety over this.

I'm more of the opinion that anxiety is the cause of these heart flutters, but that doesn't mean I disagree with you two.

Happens to me when I'm stressed and drugged out. When it first happened I thought that I was skipping a heartbeat, and then it snowballed into thinking that missed beat could somehow fuck my whole cardiovascular system up and give me a heart attack. Lol, anxiety....

That shit can beat up your body in seemingly infinite ways, I swear.

It was my best friend for so long - it helped me cope with having Social Anxiety as well. It used to be my desert, my after dinner mint, my on the road companion, my reward after a long day... Now, I have nothing. Can;t do speedy drugs, hate drinking, can't smoke weed... I hate Alcohol with a vengeance. It is the worst thing in the world. I'm 28 years old.

The fuck do I do now...

This is such an easy hole to dig yourself and so damn difficult to climb out of. The issue is mostly habitual-- cannabis became your hobby, your recreation, your motivation, your food enhancer, your mood stabilizer.... it was pretty much a cure-all, one-size-fits-all kind of deal, right? That's how the shit is for me.

I don't have much advice for you because I honestly haven't been able to do for myself what you're asking our help on. The main thing I'm thinking, though, is keep in touch with your friends. Smokers and non-smokers alike, don't cut them out of your life just because you're not smoking anymore. It's unfair to them, and, again for me, led to a downward spiral that I'm still struggling against.

Find solace in your partner. Let her be your strength and determination when you need it, just like you should be hers when the time comes. Just having someone you're comfortable talking things out with can make a world of difference when you're struggling with depression.

Last edited:
I speak from experience, Many of us are never taught techniques and methods on how to deal with our emotions. Some would call such folks dysfunctional. We reach for a quick easy powerful helper in pot.
If you can afford it, I would recommend behavioral modification therapy instead of self medication. It helps you learn ways to approach and deal with your emotions and feelings. The result is more long term satisfaction and less need for self medication.
It worked for me, twice. My son was struggling with school, anxieties, and substance abuse. He has been doing BMT and now has lost weight, got his grades back up, got a job, and rarely will smoke with me. I am paying big bucks for this care, but my son says it is the most effective approach to living life he has tried.
It is not going to be like you are some crazy person on a couch. It will be more like you have a teacher trying to tutor you on how to be happier and more effective with your life. Good luck. I am so sorry you are having these significant and very difficult issues. I wish you peace.

I'm in the same exact position
I just went sober from weed and a variety of other drugs
And now life is just fucking BORING...
People told me once i went sober it'd be a whole new beautiful world, but it's empty and bleak and i feel like shit all the time.

haha, damn dude.. here I am trying to get sober and I read this and it makes me want to use and use! I have a KILLER dope problem right now and I need to kick this ASAP! spending way too much cash; but I am hoping life will be more enjoying and fun once I do kick.. but yorue right, sometimes its not.. and you are sober and BORED! it has happened to me before, which is why I found the reason to use again. but using cost alot of $$.. which is why I dont mind smoking weed; I will always smoke weed. but this other drug that I use sure runs up the bills, which is why I had enough. oh yea, there is also the reason that I see many, many overdoses when it comes to dope, and ZERO when it comes to weed, so I'll stick w/ the weed.