• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I am on morphine sulfate i need help asap !!! ??

Morphineuserjay29

Greenlighter
Okay I have bee on the morphine sulfate tablet instant release and I am tolerant to it! And dependent on it !! I need help let me tell u my story !

Okay I started taking codine when I was younger and I enjoyed it this was for my scoliosis I also got a buzz from it and made all my worries go away it it felt like someone put a blanket over me and it' was good

then I moved over seas and I couldn't get it anymore so they put me on morphine instant release 10mg I took one every 8 hours this soon went higher and higher now I am on the 30 mg instant release tablet and I take 5 tablets every 8 hours that's 150 mg of morphine that's a massive dose !! Or is it ??? Does anyone else take any higher ? Now when I tried to stop it I get so sick I am dependent on it I want to stop taking it but I cant I just can't stop as I get so ill !! My dose is getting higher and higher and out of control!!! ! I need help stopping it someone help me !!! but I can't get access to methsdone or subitex is it called that ???

Anyway my iv dose is 40 mg iv. !! So when I go hospital they have to Give me 30mg in my veins instant and then another 10 mg dose. Does anyone else have any higher ? Or am I the worst case ? I am in such a bad place i need help how can I get off it with out feeling so sick ?? Help me asap thanks reasons for taking morphine is scoliosis and also heart problems I get recurring pericarditis I didn't ask for this just wish someone can help me pls can u Guys share ur stories and also if anyone knows how I can stop it pls help me with a plan I am even willing to pay someone that's how desperate I am

150mg of morphine is not an uncommon dose for an opiate tolerant person like yourself. 40mg of morphine IV is around 6.5mg of diloded IV, in my diloded days I would inject roughly 8mgs to 12mgs of diloded a day, so to opiate tolerant people like ourselves this is not inconceivable. My only suggestions to you are 1: attempt to slowly taper your dose down 5-10mgs every week until you reach a jumping off point to quit with mild to moderate withdrawals, or 2: taper your dose similar to the above method and switch over to a longer acting opioid like suboxone or methadone
Hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck
Oh and welcome to Bluelight!

Like said above taper off to reduce discomfort. When I was using morphine I would IV 300mg's in one sitting.

Wow thanks for your message mate just makes me feel better that I am not the only one with this problem and my dose is not so high but it's still high if a normal person took what we take they would no doubt slip into a coma I am based in the Philippines I have no access to longer acting opioids Which is a shame I don't get the buzzz anymore I am too tolerant to it thanks for ur answer u have helped me massively

Like said above taper off to reduce discomfort. When I was using morphine I would IV 300mg's in one sitting.

Same here. I don't even feel less than 100mg (it's okay) or 200mg (pretty good) oral morphine and 300mg IV shots were my "sweet spot" as well. This was co-administered with oxycodone (high dosages) Xanax (high dosages) and liquor. This was frequently accompanied with heroin (big shots of good stuff, often put inthe same rig, using the morphine as my "water" for my heroin shots). Like someone above said, 150mg really isn't that much for highly opioid tolerant people like us. I also suffer from chronic pain and, when you have real pain, opiods don't really get you as high as they do a purely recreational user, they mostly do what they're supposed to do, work on the pain. The high is a nice bonus of course, but people like us, people with legitimate chronic pain, just don't experience opies the way rec users do, especially in the beginning stages. And, like you said, opioid doses that are common and don't seem really strong to us, would kill several opioid naive people. And yeah a slow, gentle taper is definitely the way to go if you want to get off the drug. I have to ask tho, if you suffer from real, legit pain, and thus have a real, legit reason for needing opioids, why on Earth would you want to come off them and suffer more? I'm aware that many people do this with opioids and benzos when they legitimately need them because they have the conditions these meds are designed and prescribed to treat. It boggles the mind why they want to come off the meds and suffer (or boggles my brain anyway). My chronic pain and panic disorder aren't going away, so I'm fully aware that I will need these meds for the rest of my life and I'm perfectly fine with taking high dosage opiods and benzos lifelong.

Last edited:
Hello mate the problem is I am living in the Philippines ?? and they look on people like us with chronic pain addicts !! It's disgusting ! I am made to feel Awful when I go to get the doctors note and also from the pharmacy centre there looking at me like I am a user but I am not using It to get high ! In fact I can't get high anymore ! I am too tolerant to the medication basically I feel like shit taking these medicines every day the reason is because I am not on a strong enough dose of morphine the doctor here won't give me the correct dose I am having to go to many doctors to get the right dose I need the correct dose and I want to be treated with respect and dignity I am in terrible pain right now and I am scared to take more morphine as I will become more dependent on it I am really stuck mate I don't know what to do I really am stuck I changed to Demerol but it didn't work it just sent me to sleep so I can't use it! Now I have loads of amps of it but I won't use it !
So do you honestly have 100 mg of morphine in the veins ? Honestly??? The max I have had is 30 and then 10 mg then 5 mg
But to be given 100 or even 300 seeems really to high?? Pls let me know thanks mate ur words are helping me I don't feel so alone

That's a massive dose of morphine 1st. You didn't say your medical condition, but unless you're terminally ill that's ridiculous, no pain dr should write that. Nothing is going to take all the pain away. You said you don't have access to methadone or buprenorphine, I do know over seas, there are several countries who prescribe extended release morphine for addicts. You need to see a psychiatric professional, or really consider detox/rehab. You will die soon at the rate you're going!

You obviously know nothing ! About medicine then ! I stated my illness quite clearly !!! Psychiatric care? What for.??!!!! I am not mental !!!! I need help not fucking your going to die soon ! Stupid idiot !! Thanks a lot. !! I have build this up over a long long time !! People are on a lot higher doses on then me !!!just to refresh ur eyes I have scoliosis and also recurrent pericarditis!! That is why I take pain medicine!!! With morphine your tolerance grows rapid !! So u need more and more to get the same effects !!! You shouldn't be commenting on this page you have no knowledge what so ever about morphine by the sounds of it !! Your prob someone who took morphine for around 2 weeks to a month max no wonder your shocked at my dose ! There are many people on mg up to 1000s !! Morphine is a more safer drug then parecetomol!!! It does not destroy the liver !! What an idiot thanks for ur support so nice of you !!!! Oh by the way my iv dose is only 40 mg max in one sitting but 30 mg works fine for me

Last edited:
As mentioned already thats a standard dose for the likes of us buddy.
I use bupe but on the odd occasion i run out i take codeine. 500mg twice daily and even that doesnt stop with wd's towards the end of the day.

Thats not a helpful comment mate. Also, his morphine doseage is not unusual for a long term addict. Opiate tolerance can skyrocket

You obviously know nothing ! About medicine then ! I stated my illness quite clearly !!! Psychiatric care? What for.??!!!! I am not mental !!!! I need help not fucking your going to die soon ! Stupid idiot !! Thanks a lot. !! I have build this up over a long long time !! People are on a lot higher doses on then me !!!just to refresh ur eyes I have scoliosis and also recurrent pericarditis!! That is why I take pain medicine!!! With morphine your tolerance grows rapid !! So u need more and more to get the same effects !!! You shouldn't be commenting on this page you have no knowledge what so ever about morphine by the sounds of it !! Your prob someone who took morphine for around 2 weeks to a month max no wonder your shocked at my dose ! There are many people on mg up to 1000s !! Morphine is a more safer drug then parecetomol!!! It does not destroy the liver !! What an idiot thanks for ur support so nice of you !!!! Oh by the way my iv dose is only 40 mg max in one sitting but 30 mg works fine for me
Just try to ignore those comments if you can, ok? You've got options dude, so long acting opioids are not available, so you need to taper your dose very slowly, and I mean SLOW! Give your body's pain signals time to adapt to lower doses. This is going to take some willpower to stick with your lower doses. Do you have anybody close to you that you trust that can help you stick to your taper plan?