• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants I am looking for help on what to do to combat severe (-10% functionality) CFS. UK

A degree in chemistry won't help you much with cooking amphetamines. The chemistry behind making meth is so simple that generations of inbred rednecks were able to do it -it's just that nowadays various authorities are keeping a close watch on the precursors needed to make it (you saw for yourself the kind of looks you got after asking for Ephedrine). Oh, and the chemical reactions release toxic and explosive fumes, so you really shouldn't cook meth at home unless you hate your neighbours even more than yourself.

The problem with giving Modafinil to a bipolar person is that sleep deprivation can turn them manic, so there is a bigger risk associated with that. I suppose your psychiatrist may also have you pegged for a drugseeker after asking them for amphetamines.
My advice would be to grit your teeth and try to get yourself de-sectioned, and maybe find a new psychiatrist whom you can hopefully convince of how the constant fatigue is negatively affecting your mental state (thus making you even more depressed, which in turn is making you even more fatigued, which is causing your depression to spiral out of control), and how you read about Modafinil being useful both for chronic fatigue and depression, and how you are well aware of the risk, but believe the potential benefits far outweigh any potential risks.

Last edited:
I have just read an article about some sick bastards using PTSD and other ruses to pretend they are and or were military servicemen to scam people out of money or just for the respect so I just wanted to clarify NONE OF MY HEALTH PROBLEMS ARE COMBAT RELATED. I am not nor have I ever been in the Military or part of any other emergency services. Just though I would clear that up. I did not realize PTSD has almost become a badge of honour and am sorry I did not "earn" mine in the usual way but earned it I did.....

By chemistry degree I was insinuating that I would not be making my own stuff but thanks for advice. I am going to request an emergency meeting with the psych doctor on Monday and see what can be accomplished if not I WILL find a way to get what I need and will be letting him know that..Has anyone had experience with weed I know the tv shows portray these guys as all chilled out and virtually unable to move but surely that is just stereo typing. I take morphine slow release 60mg per day and even swapping out grass for that should increase my energy levels and even a country bumpking like me should be able to some harmless grass although not sure how but can figure it out as I go along..

Morphine? You didn't mention that earlier (or I didn't see it). Needless to say, morphine will not do your energy levels any good at all, and I suspect it being extended release only makes it worse. Is there no way you can make do with something weaker, or a lower dose?

I've been a coke head but have taken meth, crack and amphetamines. I'm sober for 4 months then I relapse and binge for a week. Then sober again. Now I'm on a stupid Ritalin binge for a week and it's being hard to stop. 1- i'm still chasing the high. 2 - I'm afraid of the comedown. Some people say taper off for a few days to lessen the comedown and others say quit CT. What is your opinion on this? I've also being prescribed by my doctor modafinil and lyrica for the comedown. He knows I'm on a binge. I started them yesterday but didn't feel much of a relieve. Probably because I was expecting some sort of high. So I went back and took more Ritalin and the high never came back. Do you have any experience with pregaba and moda?

Just stop taking the stimulants and get some sleep mate - don't bother with the taper, it'll just make things overly complicated and prolong the comedown. You're going to feel shitty for a week or two but with plenty of sleep, good food, fluids, and some exercise, you should recover in due course.

Pregabalin would help you comedown more comfortably. And modafinil might help you function better in the following days, but you might be best to forego any more stimulants for now as you seem a little bit addicted to getting high at the moment? Depends on how in control you're feeling my friend.