• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! I am going to try magic mushrooms for the first time and I am afraid that I will have anxiety and panic attacks, what should I do?

mavipil

Greenlighter
hello guys, months ago when I first stopped smoking weed I asked for help with withdrawal symptoms, that day many people sincerely tried to help and motivated me, I was very touched, since that day I have not smoked weed, I have slowly adapted to normal life again, I am getting to know myself again, I feel great, and recently I want to try magic mushrooms as a little reward for myself, I have never tried them before, how should I do it, what do you recommend before starting the journey

If you take 1/3 of a full dose it will be a reward that you will have no fear about.

There is nothing in your message that indicates you need to take a full dose, you want the pleasant parts of the experience not the most challenging experience possible.

Take 1 gram (or less if its a high-potency strain like penis envy). I would recommend eating your mushrooms with food. Put them into a spaghetti dinner or some such. It will take longer to kick in (as long as 2-3 hours), but you can plan for that. The slow come up helps to prevent anxiety and panic.

Hope you have a great experience.

Considering it's the first time, do it with a small group of close friends or alone. That will minimize any chance of nasty surprises and confrontations that might throw you off.

I had a panic attack once while tripping and what really helped me was putting on the first relaxation music i found on youtube...

... yeah i can see you roll your eyes, but honestly no matter how trivial and useless it sounds to me now, it's what eventually saved me from a panic attack and change the atmosphere enough to finish off the trip in a positive mood

I don't know what your reasons for stopping smoking weed were, but substituting with heavy duty psychedelics may be a step in the wrong direction?

But if you're gonna go for it, start low. Get a feel for the substance and only increase the dose if you feel comfortable. Bear in mind that psychedelics can create a lot of discomfort, which blows that felt by cannabis out of the water.

Main things for me would be to start with a low dose (~1g dry) and do them somewhere you feel safe (at home most likely) either alone or with people you trust.

If it's too low a dose, however, you might just feel weird without any of the good bits. I judged it perfectly my first time - 10 liberty caps, which was just enough to get the ceiling rippling.