Mental Health I am a big loser, I don't want to be anymore, what do I do? (ADHD, Anxiety, maybe depression)

TenPi

Greenlighter
Has anyone heard of the behavior sink from the rat paradise/universe? I think I am a beautiful one.
Days 315-600: The “Equilibrium” period. It was here that the social roles of mice began to break down. Mice born during this period found they lacked space to mark out territories in, and random acts of violence among the mice began to occur. Many males simply gave up on trying to find females. These males retreated into their bedding and rarely ventured out. Simply eating, sleeping, and grooming. Calhoun dubbed these narcissistic loners “The Beautiful Ones”. They also tended to be rather stupid.
I am 30, never had a real job, I was lucky to have been born attractive enough to get girls on tinder, but I have lots of anxiety. I am diagnosed with ADHD, and anxiety but I don't know the root cause of my problems nor where to start to fix them. Adderall didn't seem to help unless I stay up a night, I don't like the memory issues that my klonopin gives me so I don't take it. I don't really know where to start, I think I am fairly intelligent (people keep telling me that anyway) but also rather anxious and make mountains out of molehills. Please send me links on what to read up on and what to do. I like Jordan Peterson a lot.
I think I have the first 3, learning problems, sleep issues, and a little oppositional disorder.
I read about how the neocortex is smaller for people with ADHD, and how our brains are filled with agents and how they all want different things. Does anyone have something interesting to say about them? Wasn't sure where to post this, hope its the right place. The seach is not very good on the forum so forgive me if I miss something.

This is great. ***mod edit - please do not advise anyone to start a medication, if you are not their doctor. instead, "Valium has worked for me. It chilled me out without messing up my ability to think."*** Klonopin is a fairly blunt benzodiazepine. It effects your thinking ability. In my opinion. Adderall is a rough one if you don't need it. Vyvanse is taken in the morning and lasts up to 12 hours. However it is silky smooth. Doses of Vyvanse start at 30 mg to 70 mg. Smoothest amphetamine pro drug I have ever had, ever.
Thanks for starting this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great. Klonopin is a fairly blunt benzodiazepine. It effects your thinking ability. In my opinion. Adderall is a rough one if you don't need it. Vyvanse is taken in the morning and lasts up to 12 hours. However it is silky smooth. Doses of Vyvanse start at 30 mg to 70 mg. Smoothest amphetamine pro drug I have ever had, ever.
Can you get over anxiety without drugs and all their side effects.

Has anyone heard of the behavior sink from the rat paradise/universe? I think I am a beautiful one.

I am 30, never had a real job, I was lucky to have been born attractive enough to get girls on tinder, but I have lots of anxiety. I am diagnosed with ADHD, and anxiety but I don't know the root cause of my problems nor where to start to fix them. Adderall didn't seem to help unless I stay up a night, I don't like the memory issues that my klonopin gives me so I don't take it. I don't really know where to start, I think I am fairly intelligent (people keep telling me that anyway) but also rather anxious and make mountains out of molehills. Please send me links on what to read up on and what to do. I like Jordan Peterson a lot.
I think I have the first 3, learning problems, sleep issues, and a little oppositional disorder.
I read about how the neocortex is smaller for people with ADHD, and how our brains are filled with agents and how they all want different things. Does anyone have something interesting to say about them? Wasn't sure where to post this, hope its the right place. The seach is not very good on the forum so forgive me if I miss something.
Have you tried Gabapentin for anxiety??it helps me some...

This is great. Klonopin is a fairly blunt benzodiazepine. It effects your thinking ability. In my opinion. Adderall is a rough one if you don't need it. Vyvanse is taken in the morning and lasts up to 12 hours. However it is silky smooth. Doses of Vyvanse start at 30 mg to 70 mg. Smoothest amphetamine pro drug I have ever had, ever.
How do I do that without seeming drug seeking? I am a bit afraid to change it, I have had it for years. I also have dexedrine but I hate the IR of that and adderall, they seem to make me fiend for them more.

Have you tried Gabapentin for anxiety??it helps me some...
No, I can get that online but I heard its really bad for tolerance. You need a lot don't you?

I also have back pain but its situational. I think its psychosomatic or something, I have had a kratom addicton for a while I just finished it, and I hate to call it addicting but I couldn't keep away from it.

How do I do that without seeming drug seeking? I am a bit afraid to change it, I have had it for years. I also have dexedrine but I hate the IR of that and adderall, they seem to make me fiend for them more.

No, I can get that online but I heard its really bad for tolerance. You need a lot don't you?

I also have back pain but its situational. I think its psychosomatic or something, I have had a kratom addicton for a while I just finished it, and I hate to call it addicting but I couldn't keep away from it.
I dont need a whole lot of Gabapentin for anxiety 800mg to 1200mg helps alot for anxiety.But if your trying to get high off of it tolerance rises very quickly I just took 3000mg along with kratom and I feel good.But it helps my anxiety without making me lethargic like benzos do.But when I first started taking it I felt great and had energy. Also have you tried Kava I've yet 2 and thinking about this weekend.I have bad anxiety and I've missed out on a lot things because of it.

Jordan Peterson is a hack, maybe stop listening to shite like that for a start. Further, those rat/mice experiments were found to NOT be replicated in human populations, it was well studied and many population zones were analysed however the results of the experiments simply didn't play out. Except in prison populations, that was the only exception. They're fascinating experiments though, but they don't apply to a standard model of human life.

@TenPi im gonna move this to mental health ok? I think you'll get more specific, targeted advice there <3

No wonder you are depressed, you compare yourself with a rat that is alienated and cant get laid. Id be depressed to if I thought that a rat is like a human being. Of course they arent, as no rat ever composed a spymhony.
The experiment is very interesting though! Thanks for sharing=) i had forgoten about it.

The way to be free? Break the shakles of desire, loosen your desire for power, sex, security, comfort. It is your desires that wear you down, the inability to see that the world is so much more than what we have made it out to be. Its truly something amazing and awe inspiring, but most remain slaves to banal desires. We are too obsessed with ourselved. If we observed the tree and be still for gods sake we'd see this whole illusion we have created for ourselves, how me make our own stress, create our own suffering, through our mindset and out habits and actions.

I am going to place in doubt your inteligence and mine. Keeping in mind what intelligence , the word, means, do u think an inteligent person would be depressed and lost in life? Would not an inteligent person be happy and making things happen and loving himself or herself. Like the innate inteligence of children, who suprise with the things they say.

I think here is where many stray. They think too highly of themselves yet in all reality they arent that good. This all is my problem too.
Its our problem as we naturally are like this. Thats why the dumbest guys in school think they are the shit!! Ive been that guy.

Knowledge leads to understanding and understading liberates. But where does the knowledge that liberates lie?

In yourself. You have to understand yourself to understand the world, and viceversa.

The children are unconditioned by society as of yet. But each word, each pain, each joy, is recorded in the brain, and we live on these recordings, we create ourselves based on our conditioning, the conditioning of the country, of a school or institution, of a family or hood.

We are slaves. You will be free once you decide to liberate yourself from all this and to find peace in yourself. But most of us cant, because to live in peace and love I would have to stop being selfish, I would have to think about throwing the cig butt out the window, I would have to reconsider if these habits ive created for myself arent my prison. I would have to stop arguing, figthing, and all that drama which satisfies us. I would have to be watch my mind, and truly disect the bad thoughts and see that I am really not that good. That I am quick to judge. I am self obssessed, I never think about the birds, I never hear their songs, never smell the pines, just live inside your head...

Ive been through it and Ive turned my life around so I think u can become amazing if u decide to open your heart and stop feeding the darkness.

Jordan Peterson is a hack, maybe stop listening to shite like that for a start.
I would just like to second this comment. Although I think Jordan Peterson has some interesting things to say and after I actually read one of his books my opinion of him changed somewhat, I think that a lot of what he says has the potential to lead people down a dark road of resentment and blaming one's problems on external factors in society.

At least, this is what I've observed from people in my own life who are fans of Jordan Peterson, and a lot of his online fanbase. It's interesting that this is the effect he has, because actually I don't think this is his intention at all - quite the opposite in fact. Perhaps it's a product of the YouTube/social media distortion chamber and the somewhat unfortunate attractiveness of a select few snippets of what he's said to a select group of disaffected people in society... but either way I'd say be careful going too far down that particular rabbit hole.

Jordan Peterson is a hack, maybe stop listening to shite like that for a start. Further, those rat/mice experiments were found to NOT be replicated in human populations, it was well studied and many population zones were analysed however the results of the experiments simply didn't play out. Except in prison populations, that was the only exception. They're fascinating experiments though, but they don't apply to a standard model of human life.
I would just like to second this comment. Although I think Jordan Peterson has some interesting things to say and after I actually read one of his books my opinion of him changed somewhat, I think that a lot of what he says has the potential to lead people down a dark road of resentment and blaming one's problems on external factors in society.

At least, this is what I've observed from people in my own life who are fans of Jordan Peterson, and a lot of his online fanbase. It's interesting that this is the effect he has, because actually I don't think this is his intention at all - quite the opposite in fact. Perhaps it's a product of the YouTube/social media distortion chamber and the somewhat unfortunate attractiveness of a select few snippets of what he's said to a select group of disaffected people in society... but either way I'd say be careful going too far down that particular rabbit hole.

Really? Do you have a link to those studies? In this video he talks about the search of meaning and how mass shooters are made, the resentment is noted and how they are very happy to tell you why and their manifesto. for me it was to tell me to take responsiblinty to find meanig in life and I think his tone is not for everyone, but I did not respect psychologists before I heard him speak, I took those courses and found them really superficial and full of nonsense, the state of psychology was terrible, I only came back because I saw a video on ADHD he did, and he made me think, maybe its not just a way to hook kids on adderall.

@TenPi im gonna move this to mental health ok? I think you'll get more specific, targeted advice there <3
Thank you!

No wonder you are depressed, you compare yourself with a rat that is alienated and cant get laid. Id be depressed to if I thought that a rat is like a human being. Of course they arent, as no rat ever composed a spymhony.
The experiment is very interesting though! Thanks for sharing=) i had forgoten about it.

The way to be free? Break the shakles of desire, loosen your desire for power, sex, security, comfort. It is your desires that wear you down, the inability to see that the world is so much more than what we have made it out to be. Its truly something amazing and awe inspiring, but most remain slaves to banal desires. We are too obsessed with ourselved. If we observed the tree and be still for gods sake we'd see this whole illusion we have created for ourselves, how me make our own stress, create our own suffering, through our mindset and out habits and actions.

I am going to place in doubt your inteligence and mine. Keeping in mind what intelligence , the word, means, do u think an inteligent person would be depressed and lost in life? Would not an inteligent person be happy and making things happen and loving himself or herself. Like the innate inteligence of children, who suprise with the things they say.

I think here is where many stray. They think too highly of themselves yet in all reality they arent that good. This all is my problem too.
Its our problem as we naturally are like this. Thats why the dumbest guys in school think they are the shit!! Ive been that guy.

Knowledge leads to understanding and understading liberates. But where does the knowledge that liberates lie?

In yourself. You have to understand yourself to understand the world, and viceversa.

The children are unconditioned by society as of yet. But each word, each pain, each joy, is recorded in the brain, and we live on these recordings, we create ourselves based on our conditioning, the conditioning of the country, of a school or institution, of a family or hood.

We are slaves. You will be free once you decide to liberate yourself from all this and to find peace in yourself. But most of us cant, because to live in peace and love I would have to stop being selfish, I would have to think about throwing the cig butt out the window, I would have to reconsider if these habits ive created for myself arent my prison. I would have to stop arguing, figthing, and all that drama which satisfies us. I would have to be watch my mind, and truly disect the bad thoughts and see that I am really not that good. That I am quick to judge. I am self obssessed, I never think about the birds, I never hear their songs, never smell the pines, just live inside your head...

Ive been through it and Ive turned my life around so I think u can become amazing if u decide to open your heart and stop feeding the darkness.
I compare myself to them, but thanks to the internet, I have had the ability to get girls but like I said, I was lucky to have been born attractive enough to get girls on tinder, if the internet or tinder didn't exist, I would be in shambles at least in that aspect.
The way to be free? Break the shakles of desire, loosen your desire for power, sex, security, comfort.
I think mine is the opposite. I gave up desire, I could be imprisoned and as long as I have some sort of internet connection I could be fine. I do not want power, I am getting old so I don't even use tinder anymore, and for 3 years I slept on a blanket on the ground, I lived this way and it was not meaningful and I was just not compatible with what I really wanted. I gave things away constantly, because I hated money. I did not profit much from selling stuff like electronics, because I did not want to scam anyone. I constantly shied away from larger successes because I gave everything away, but its not a meaningful existance. I could be doing so much more, not only for myself but for my family, friends and also the world could be a better place. I remember that a friend of my sister's came over, she asked about me, she thought I was attractive and when my sister told her I just stayed in my room all day, she just said "what a waste". I don't want to waste myself anymore.

@TenPi I dont want to put a distance between you and me by bringing up the buddah, which really doesnt matter because what importance does it have what the buddah or anyone else did if we, you and me, suffer. It seems to me that we need to solve are suffering without comparing ourselves to anyone. But for the purpose of knowledge I have to let you know that the budah had a similar ordeal, and thats when he discovered the middle way: moderation, not being dismotivated, but not being greedily motivated either. Thats when he achieved enligthment.

I think you are going places. You already have made a correct step by seeing your faults and seeing where u have to change=)

The self is like an onion that peels infinitley always revealing new layers, so please doubt your own thoughts, as most of are thoughts are cause of our conditioning. I think you might have some desire to let go of. Theres nothing wrong with not being with a woman. You say you never had a real job? That kind of stuff, the one that brings dignity inwards, through your own learning and growing, I think is much more important than women. I know you must really love women, but they will come, you are in the peak of your life, life will suprise you--if you let it! But for your part you have to be ready to recieve it. To be the man you were meant to be; a great beautiful man, powerful in his mere existence. You dont need anything exterior to achieve this; the treassure is inside you. You are worth so much more than you can imagine. There will never be another one like you. And I promise you that regardless of anything, your destiny will be fufilled. I dont know what happens at death, but I know there are things unexplainable....impossible...and that you are one of those. You have arms, eyes, and a head; you are a miracle. We are not depressed, but distracted; we dont see the world around us, we trap ourselves in our little worlds, when we can break out of it at anytime, to feel free is to be free, to feel love is to be loved

@TenPi

I think your spot on with the direction you see as possible roots to your discomfort. Finding meaning in our lives can be a steady and recurring source of anxiety, Anxiety, as you know, is an emotion that drives us to change of figure something out to find release from it. For most of us its meant to be there at times. Its an unpleasant reminder and drive that we have shit we need to do or change in our lives to get to where WE want to be at that time. Where we want to be constantly changes. There is no achieved goal or destination where we will suddenly become stably satisfied. It just isn't how we work. By the time we reach one goal we will likely be so distracted by another that we forget to fully enjoy or even recognize our accomplishment. Life is a journey and the only time it is a destination is moments before we know we are about to die. All we will ever have on this blue ball is our journey. The experience of our journey is the meaning and purpose of life. We can go out and fire everything we have at making some mark or change in the world, but most of us wont even make a scratch that anyone will remember or recognize 5 years before we die let alone 200 years after we pass.

Its exspierince of the journey and all the people we share parts of it with. All day, everyday many off us miss the amazing spectacle of our lives because we are to busy trying to get to our next destination.

You can get laid.. that isn't really fulfilling is it. Buda figured that out, but it took him sleeping with all the palace whores to get there.

Find the beauty in the present and some people you love to share it with.

Great concept as far a behavioral sink! I also think that existential angst is really relevant. Many long standing sources to meaning and value in life are crumbling due to technological advancement. We have yet to see what takes their place.

Last edited:

I have to threcond this. One of my biggest discomfort with Mr. Peterson's work is you have a man philosophizing about stuff and you can clearly hear anxiety in his voice, like hes not chill and happy, u know? So how are u gonna help me when you sound stressed by all this information? Its not the content of the talk, its the anxiety in his voice and how fast he talks. it stresses me out. This is totally personal =) take in mind that I am the type of person who enjoys hypnotic speech (a soft, gentle way of talking to induce people into hypnosis)

Gabor Mate does the same for me. I agree that drug use has underlying undiagnosed problem of the self, but gosh he looks so sad and here he is talking about what we need to do to be happier? Also intellectually I dont see the purpose to much of JD's talks, seems like going in circles but the goal isnt there. In my world view, and in what reading and learning has done for me, the goal of knowledge is to make us freer, happier, more our true selves. If JD does this for you, then mission acomplished.

While we are at it something that did me very good is the work of Eric Berne (wrote games people play, and sex and loving in human relationships, etc), a form of psychology called Transactional Analysis. His student Claude Steiner wrote Scripts People Live.

Transactional analysis has a main idea of life scripts. And how people live out a script in their head of who they have to be, which is almost always negative as it is conditioned by the surroundings of the person (specific school, family, city, country) and thus limited to a tiny world view.

Last edited: