Technical Problem I always get kicked/logged out after some period of time, could be around 10 minutes?

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
It's been annoying me for years, but never to the point where I decided to bring it up here. I was replying to multiple people using multi-quotes in a rather long post, only to be told "You aren't allowed to post." With the option "OK" next to it. What, does this thing run on WinME? :D

Although, seriously, I get logged out every 10 mins or so I go without posting, I'm using Firefox in linux, but it happens when in windows using whatever browser. And no it's not my security add-ons, it's not like this place has tons of junk trackers leading to it, Ghostery blocks a single thing from the site and it's Google Analytics.

I also run Disconnect and it tells me it 2 things related to google, in fact, if I press it, at the top where there's a facebook icon, a google icon and a twitter icon, it'll make my current post disappear :(. But, I only use Disconnect since less than a year and this problem is there since 2006 certainly.

So I'm sure you had such complaints before, what should I do?

If your browser is set to automatically clear cookies, history and cache, or not remember your site preferences this may occur. Have you tried keeping cookies and cache enabled during your online time? This is a problem in android incognitio mode, and may be related to your question.

If your browser is set to automatically clear cookies, history and cache, or not remember your site preferences this may occur. Have you tried keeping cookies and cache enabled during your online time? This is a problem in android incognitio mode, and may be related to your question.

Cache is only emptied when I do it manually, cookies are flushed when I turn off Firefox.

The other add-ons I have running when it comes to security is Auto-destructing cookies and BetterPrivacy (for the LSO "eternal" cookies", it gets rid of them when I close Firefox too. Auto-destructing cookies does not cause issues in any other forums i'm logged in.

I also use NoScript but your site is completely unblocked when it comes to javascript, there's only bluelight.org and googleapis (which I grudgingly allow since it would make many sites not work at all).

I'm going to try and use Chromium later which has zero addons installed on it and see what happens, but first I gotta make myself a decent supper.

It happens to me if I have multiple tabs open, when cookies are blocked, or when it takes a while for me to write out a reply.

I try to remember to copy what I write before hitting the post button.

It happens to me if I have multiple tabs open, when cookies are blocked, or when it takes a while for me to write out a reply.

I try to remember to copy what I write before hitting the post button.

Yeah, it's what I do most often, but i'm sometimes in a rush....or not sober.

It's funny because way back when I registered I must have spent a year or so logged on, which was like, eh, that ain't good, and removed my auto-login to it (removed the password from the firefox list).

Right now I am in Windows, using Waterfox. I get kicked out/logged out almost in a flash. 2 minutes will do it.

I'll be doing something any man should never have to do in this world, but I'll try IE11 (I have all latest win updates, that ate some hour of my afternoon 8)

I have to mention that the above is not true. Once I told waterfox to remember my password, I never got logged out. But to get that benefit I'd have to stay in win7 :p:p