Hydroxyzine

starterpack

Greenlighter
m currently in the midst of writing a book, and a character commits suicide by taking ~2000mg of hydroxyzine (90 days). Would this sound plausible? He's not exceptionally fat or anything.

Considering every source i see lists its ld50 in rats orally at like one gram per kg. Id say problem not.

Perhaps your books character should have a scene where he or she calls the suicide prevention hotline

1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Or

Goes to the hospital before they try to overdose

I tried to commit suicide and had tubes in everyhole. When i woke up i was mad at the people who saved my life because i didnt regret doing it. Then, i got but on some medication and did some therapy and i am happier then i ever could of imagined. I was so certain it couldnt ever become even tolerable but i was wrong and im glad to be alive and happy.

Perhaps your books character should have a scene where he or she calls the suicide prevention hotline

1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Or

Goes to the hospital before they try to overdose

That would make for a much more enjoyable read! :D I'm sure people you'd least expect, would be greatly pleased with the outcome of reading this book. There's enough suicide in the world for my taste. last thing i wanna do is read a book where another person takes their life with an overdose. I'd imagine that the payoff would benefit you greatly putting a twist to this character's pending attempts, maybe show the true strength through hard emotional strife. Would inspire many others like myself who struggle with SI, that I'm not the only one, and there are people who've chosen not to take their lives with no reason at all. That's someone to look up to there, its so empowering to see someone else like me with no reason to live, choose to live anyways, against all odds. Then to my surprise, what this character like myself would have missed out on, just as if i'd taken my life earlier.

But suicide?.....

All i can say is, you want to have more readers who enjoy your book. Have this character overcome all that nasty shit pulling him down with no reason what so ever, other than something of greater meaning beyond him/herself. You'd end up finding a greater sense of success with all the more books you'd sell or whatever it is. Maybe this character begins to see it as a form of test from 'god' and to overcome all odds, to be rewarded in a way that brings a powerful sense of raw happiness.

I am still living with enough reasons that may convince me to take my own life. Yet as much as i'd like to believe in an after life, weather through reincarnation or going to a better place and leavin everything behind. I dont know that for sure. and if i was wrong, and other people's suggested beliefs that if you take your own life, the pain never goes away, and your reborn to deal with something even harder and possibly more painful. Or even just the fact that we are all mortal, and death is a guarantee, meaning i am not allowed to stay in this life for too long. YET, i'm still here! lol i've used that to help me. I dont know if that makes any sense or not. haha

Last edited:
Have you tried medications? They put me on a few meds like antidepressants and mood stabilizers and i went from deadset suicidal all day convinced i want to die and thats the best choice to not having a single suicidal thought in years and with some exercise , therapy, and music youtube things to fill my day im actually pretty happy.