• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydroxyzine limit?

why its not really fun its like benadryl and we dont answer them questions Here AKA-harm reduction what is your goal_??? they way u asked was like hey i wanna od so man i wouldnt take 200mg i take 50mg at night for itching thats all its not really a rec drug_ so why u asking>?

Op just asked how much hydroxyzine is needed to overdose, I take it like he want to avoid an overdose to happen, that is exactly what harm reduction is about

Of course I may be wrong, but if a person wants to kill him/herself, then hydroxyzine is indeed a weird election

How much do you intend on taking? Asking how much is OD is kinda vague, and probably not even established in medical literature (for humans).

The maximum therapeutic dose is 400mg per 24hr (not all at once).

I've taken 200mg and was fine.

I don't really see the point in taking more than that.

That depends what you mean by "overdose". If you're asking how much Hyrdoxyzine (Vistaril; Atarax) is required to kill or seriously injure a person, the short answer is, quite a bit. Hydroxyzine is typically taken in 25mg - 50mg dosage units and it's not uncommon to see people taking 100mg Hydroxyzine if they're familiar/have a tolerance.

I don't have a lot of hard data regarding Hydroxyzine "abuse". We have a lot more information on the more common Diphenhydramine (Benadryl). Diphenhydramine also comes in these same dosage units. Most people will report symptoms of delirium/hallucinations beginning at ~300mg Diphenhydramine. With this in mind, I think it's safe to say that similar dosages of Hydroxyzine will produce these same symptoms. Note: these symptoms are often described as highly distressin both mentally/physically. Most people who go on an "antihistamine trip" regret the experience greatly.

Going higher with the dosages, you start to see very disturbing side effects that run the gamut:

Convulsions/Seizure
Gastrointestinal Disturbances (Vomiting; Diarrhea)
Organ Failure
Delirium/Hallucination
Tachycardia

People do die from antihistamine overdose. It is not a safe or advisable practice. Basically, you should only take antihistamines in dosages close to what the prescribed dosages are. Going with a higher dosage doesn't increase the desired effects of sedating antihistamines. As you go higher, the cost/benefit ratio gets extremely small.

If you're looking for a high or even a means of committing suicide, this is not the way to go.