Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Hydroxyzine for MDMA comedown

zenchicken

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I've ran out of benzos and have a really hard time sleeping after MDMA (yes, tested stuff, no, not cut with speed). Would hydroxyzine be ok to take on the comedown to induce sleep or are there any interactions? I've googled and googled and came up with nothing on the subject.

Thanks in advance.

Hydroxyzine will be relatively safe to take on the comedown, my only warning would be regarding low blood pressure and possible mild-anticholinergic effects. If you get low blood pressure (most noticeably getting lightheaded when standing up) while using hydroxyzine independent of MDMA I would be careful, low blood pressure can be made much worse either on the comedown or if you have gone without sleep. I would go lower on the dose at first in that case.

As the post above mentioned melatonin is very important after a roll, MDMA releases serotonin and can cause your serotonin levels to run low, normally your brain makes melatonin out of serotonin hence you can have a hard time making melatonin after a roll. Some extended release melatonin can really help but concerning stimulants something like Clonidine to help reduce your adrenaline will help you sleep next time. And I would definitely take melatonin with the Clonidine, Clonidine can interfere with your brain's ability to make melatonin.

Careful with the not sleeping, its very harmful for your brain long term. Good luck :) any questions are welcome.

Thank you for your answers :)

I haven't tried melatonin but I usually take 5HTP on the comedown. I have some melatonin lying around I'll give it a shot. My only trouble sleeping is after MDMA, other days are totally fine. On the comedown I tried "everything": teas, food, alcohol (actually put me to sleep for a little but felt totally wrong when I woke up very dehydrated, not gonna do it again!), cannabis, sex, hot baths, you name it. I just get relaxed and sleepy but can't sleep (used to be able to do it, not anymore) for a long long while (usually the next night!). A small benzo dose fixes this.

Cotcha Yankinov I had no idea hydroxyzine messes with blood pressure. That's actually a very good warning since I have naturally occurring terribly low blood pressure (a reading of 6/4 is normal for me even tho I feel totally fine). I have seen a cardiologist for it and the doctor refused to prescribe anything, but instructed me to up my salt intake going as so far as directly eating salt crystals when needed, especially when going long nights and without sleep as I work night shifts sometimes :) I haven't noticed it lowering my BP but then again it leaves me tired and sleepy anyway...
I take 25mg for urticaria. Would a 50mg dose be sensible for sleep? Common sense tells me I should start at 25mg but I have no experience using it as a sleep aid.

I would try 25mg - 50mg hydroxyzine with some melatonin for sure, melatonin is very commonly used for shift work and when you don't have a solid 24 hour circadian rhythm going and MDMA can mess with your rhythm a lot, I would definitely get some extended release melatonin as regular doesn't last very long in your system. Good luck :) Hope you get good sleep, it's extremely vital for your longevity.