• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydros got wet!!

Hydro1988

Greenlighter
My friend has a 10mg hydrocodones. 23 to be exact. They were inside a pill bottle and fell in the toilet and got wet. They are still in tact, but rough and somewhat smaller. Have they lost potency? What should I do? crumble and just bite the bullet and eat them? I read somewhere about a CWE method. Any help would be extremely appreciated! Taking them to a doctor for a refill is out of the question.

I wouldn't use something that was in a toilet. I do have a question. For first time using CWE. If someone normally takes way too many 10 norco at time and decides to do CWE to save liver ... Do you take the same amount as you normally do before doing the CWE ? Or do you take less because it's just the hydro and not the Tylenol

Andie the apap or Tylenol is irrelevant in recreational value.

10Mg of hydrocodone is 10mg whether you cwe or pop them. In fact you will lose a little bit in cwe. Not enough to worry about but yeah.. You would take the same amount.

A toilet is supposedly pretty sanitary and dogs drink out of em so I doubt it'll do more harm than the hydros are already doing to you but that would be pretty gross still.

But when I had about 10 Klonopins in a bag that went through the wash in a pocket me and a friend just crushed em and let them sit till dry. I think he snorted em with no ill effects. Your pills are probably a bit different because of the apap but you could probably do extraction to save them if you want. I'd toss em though. I decided I didn't want any gross detergent smelling pills in my nose.

run a little bit of isopropyl alcohol over the pills if you are worried about them being in the toilet, let them dry, then eat them. if they were only in the toilet for like 10 seconds they won't be effected much. if you've ever tried to dissolve a whole, uncrushed, hydrocodone pill in water you'll note that it actually takes a bit of effort to get it fully dissolved (there will obviously be APAP left undissolved so you can't fully dissolve it all).

It depends how much degradation has occured. In general, all constituent parts of a tablet, active and inactive, are spread equally throughout the mass of the pill. If you've lost approximately 10% of the total mass of the pill, say, you can no longer read the imprint clearly, than you have probably lost 10% of available Hydrocodone in the pill.

I am assuming that this person had an open bottle of 22 compressed tablets that fell into the toilet bowl, got exposed to the water, but was rescued within a few seconds. All the tablets got moist, correct? Right after the water exposure the contents of the tablets will remain active, but by getting wet within about 1-2 hrs max. the tablets will fall apart, and over time (not very much time) the drug contents shall degrade. Your friend must make a quick decision:
1. Take entire contents within 24 hrs, knowing he will be drinking E. Coli contaminated tablets that within a day will prolly cause him a bad case of diarrhea. But he will still experience the hydrocodone.
or, 2. Throw out these tablets and write it off as a loss. BTW, one should never bring pills near to a place that, were they to spill, they might get wet: sinks, toilets, bowls of water, bathtubs, etc.

There is even a deeper rule. Never leave exposed any bottle containing the master quantity of any precious drug. The cap should only be left open for no more than 5-8 seconds under any reason or circumstances. You are also risking dry contamination with the humidity in the room and the dust containing dUst mites and bacteria that will drift into any open bottle. Also, the longer any master bottle is open, the more probable its contents will absorb moisture, leading to their premature loss of potency. YOUR FRIEND MUST MAKE AN IMMEDIATE CHOICE BETWEEN GETTING HIGH BUT ESSENTIALLY EATING HIS OWN FECES, OR WRITING THIS OFF AS A LOSS.
&&

I doubt they lost their potency from being dropped in the toilet, but some of the pills probably dissolved into the water if they're smaller. I'd recommend you dose them based on the original dose they were, because it's better to just take a little less than an unkown, potentially dangerous dose. As for the CWE, theres plenty of tutorials on YouTube. Watch 2 or 3 different ones just to make sure they're all valid. With the whole toilet water thing, it's kinda your choice whether to get high by swallowing something Thats been in the toilet or not. I personally would, but that's just me