• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Hydromorphone vs Oxycodone

hubcap

Greenlighter
Hi folks,
I’ve been enjoying some light dose Oxycodone (15-20mg, usually will snort half and eat half). I have some Hydromorphone 4mg that I’m interested in trying out tonight. If I’ve been taking in 20mg of Oxycodone for the past 4 days, should I bother with the Hydromorphone? I just don’t have any experience with it vs Oxycodone, which I’m very familiar with.

If I'm going down the K4 Roller Coaster Ima mainline and forget it, or that's what I've been told is the best way to get it done!

Oxycodone way more euphoric and pleasurable. High oral bioavailability 80% ish

Hydromorphone way more potent analgesic, significant speaking I.V. injection. Oral has only a 30% bioavailability

As @Dextro .45 said, an important fact here is that Oxycodone is highly bioavailable at ~80%-85%.

If you're taking Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) by the oral route, it is going to be 4x the potency by weight of the same dosage of Oxycodone. In this case, this would mean 5mg Hydromorphone ->20mg Oxycodone

This means if you choose to insufflate the Hydromorphone, the dosage by weight will be 8x the potency of that same oral dosage of Oxycodone. In this instane this would mean 2.5mg Hydromorphone-> 20mg Oxycodone.

Many will tell you that Hydromorphone is more euphoric, pleasurable and enjoyable compare to even other potent Opioids. In my travels, I've seen Hydromorphone lend itself to compulsive usage in a more powerful way. It's effects are typically shorter-acting than Oxycodone and other similar Opioids, by what I would say is about 25%, as in the effects last 75% as long as Oxycodone.

Don't start injecting if you're not already. That's a stupid idea.

Yea the oral B.A.(bioavailability). It’s only 30-35% yet it’s still around ~4:1 ratio mg to mg, hm to morphine. So that 4mg hm would be 16mg morphine, but intranasal on the other hand is between 52-58%. even though the bioavailability is less than double it feels far stronger than double the strength. Which kinda makes sense being that IV, IM it’s obviously 100% bioavailability, and is around triple the B.A. of oral yet it’s 5 times the potency of oral.

sorry to revive a cold thread

It is a proven fact via scientific literature/medical journals that the Opium Poppy (Papevier Somniferum) main alkaloids, Morphine, Codeine, theBaine, Papevier, etc ….Mu-Opioid Agonist synthesized from the alkaloid theBaine have stimulant like properties in opposition to the sedating effects of Morphine derived opioids, MS-Contin/Kadian, Dilaudid, Diamorphine (Heroin), etc

Oxycodone (Eukadol) synthesized in Germany early 1920’s has a unique uplifting, stimulating, narcotic type profound euphoria similar to Cocaine, in addition to its very robust analgesic painkilling properties.

That’s another reason why Perdue Pharma selected Oxycodone.

I have personally taken every opioid minus Fentanyl, oral, I.V. etc…..and oral Oxycodone gave me the most pleasurable euphoric pleasure 3X more enjoyable than injecting hi dose Hydromorphone or quality Heroin

NAZI scientists discovered Eukadol (Oxycodone) had a side effect profile strikingly similar to Cocaine. Profound mood-lifting, stimulating, uplifting, SUPER Euphoric opioid narcotic.

Eukadol 20mg glass ampoules were like gold paired with injectable Pervitin (d-Methamphetamine) 20mg ampoules

Dilaudid HP Forte injectable solutions and glass bottle/vial of 250mg compounding powder for reconstitution with saline/water for IV/IM/SC injection

Oxycodone taken orally is Superior (for recreational euphoric bliss)
Dilaudid only pharmaceutical injectable solutions for serious pain management

Hydromorphone 10mg IV
Dexedrine 5mg IV
Ketamine lowest therapeutic dose IV

Probably the best IV injectable cocktail for several pain/battle field injury, etc

However, if I was pharmaceutical grade Diamorphine & Cocaine properly formulated for tolerance and IV injected, I’d enjoy taking deep hauls from a premium cigarette and a classy spirit cocktail 2-3oz

If you're taking it orally, oxycodone (this is also true of hydrocodone) is the more reliable euphoriant. However, if we're talking IV use, hydromorphone is vastly superior as a euphoriant.