• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Hydromorphone safer IV than subcutaneous?

LS2011

Greenlighter
Is it safer to try to IV these pills than to inject them subcutaneously? I assumed that with proper practices and wheel filters, the subcute route would be safer than trying to go into a vein, but some posts here say otherwise. Does anyone here have knowledge of this? Thanks very much.

Probabilistically you're less likely to encounter complications IVing, but the ones you'll encounter when IVing are potentially more severe. Thus, if you're filtering using micron filters id say youre less likely to have issues IVing (aside from the heightened risk of more immediate overdose).

IV is safer not counting the risk of overdose and increased addiction potential due to the powerful rush. I don't recommend injecting opioids.

Probabilistically you're less likely to encounter complications IVing, but the ones you'll encounter when IVing are potentially more severe. Thus, if you're filtering using micron filters id say youre less likely to have issues IVing (aside from the heightened risk of more immediate overdose).
What about if I'm using the wheel filters to inject subcute?

What about if I'm using the wheel filters to inject subcute?

Still a potentially higher chance of complications. Tissue doesn't like foreign objects and will let you know if they find something they don't like.