• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydromorphone crushed and taken with water?

ColoradoBoy90

Bluelighter
**PLEASE MOVE TO OTHER DRUGS MY BROWSER WONT LET ME SELECT A PREFIX TO POST in OTHER DRUGS**

So I tried searching and it didn't help. I saw every method but the one I mentioned. Will this increase BA of hydromorphone:

Crushing the pill into powder. Then put the powder into a cup of water -- but only a TINY amount of water like half a sip worth of water. I assume the less water the better, correct? Or would it be okay if instead of water I used just about one tiny sip worth of gaterade for flavor?

Wouldn't this be the same as "parachuting" it? I don't know how much "parachuting" increases BA, anyone know?

And anyone know if this method would work to increase BA some? And if so how much would BA increase, roughly?

Use a pepper mill to crush the beads if its the hydromorphs with beads.
I believe hydromorphone is more bioavailable orally...but im not 100%

this question is very basic and doesn't need to be sent to OD.

CD---> BDD

It's IR release so no beads. Easy to crush. I just want to know if mixing the power in a little water will increase BA or not?

And BA orally is the lowest if you just take the pill with water or whatever. It's like 10%. I simply want to know if crushing it and putting it in a little water will increase BA vs just taking it orally as normal.

No the BA is the same, only the onset will be increased, possibly with less duration. It is still being absorbed through the GI tract and first pass liver metabolism. Chewing, parachuting, and crushing and drinking in water will not effect overall BA at all.

You could try plugging it if orally you're not feeling as much. Rectal absorption, when done correctly, has shown to increase BA of Hydromorphone. YMMV though.

I can't get myself to do it lol.

Snorting makes BA good, but don't wanna do that all the time, was wondering if parachuting or taking it In water also did. I swear I read people saying crushing it up and parachuting increased BA and make it work Better.

Orally it's really not bad, it works, but instead of taking 1.5 pills orally I figured maybe there was another route besides plugging or IV I will never do those methods. But people underestimate Hydrmorphone taken in any form. It's the strongest pain pill made -- stronger then oxymorphone (most think the opposite is true). But if parachuting doesn't do anything then I guess I'll stick to taking the as normal....

But one time I did parachute it and thought I felt it more and faster, and it removed WD which the same dosage taken orally doesn't remove WD fully.. So you're certain if doesn't increase BA not even a tiny amount like 2%? Otherwise I don't know why parachuting got rid of WD, but taking it orally didn't even I even waited 2 hours and still didn't get of WD so I had to takena Vicodin and WD was gone in 25 mins.

It increases speed of onset so it works faster and may feel stronger/better but the actual BA does not change. You can certainly take it this way though and see how you feel. It usually shortens the duration of the dose somewhat but if you're only looking for that initial effect being increased you may have good results from it. The same amount is being absorbed, it's just the speed of absorption that changes when crushed (talking about IR formulations only).

I agree with maggells, none of those will increase the oral bioavailability . Hydromorphone, oxymorphone and morphine all get quickly metabolized by the liver, snorting, plugging or IV'ing will bypass some of this although metabolism is inevitable.