• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Hydromorphone AKA Dilaudid

Ghostofwar

Greenlighter
Hey y’all.
I have come into some 2mg dilaudid pills. I have never taken Dilaudid before and was wondering if y’all can help me out on the best way to take them. I am pretty much a noob when it comes to opiates. I also have some 50mg Tramadol. I should also state that I take 150mg of Zoloft daily as well as 600mg gabapentin.

Last edited:
In the interest of harm reduction; IV is going to always be the preferred method for hydromorphone. I do not suggest it and haven't done it myself. Out of other methods I found the nasal ROA to be the only one worth attempting. Rectal didn't do much for me the one time I tried it and orally it's almost a total waste IME. I eventually stopped taking hydromorphone and would just trade them to a friend that would use the ROA I wasn't going to attempt.

In the interest of harm reduction; IV is going to always be the preferred method for hydromorphone. I do not suggest it and haven't done it myself. Out of other methods I found the nasal ROA to be the only one worth attempting. Rectal didn't do much for me the one time I tried it and orally it's almost a total waste IME. I eventually stopped taking hydromorphone and would just trade them to a friend that would use the ROA I wasn't going to attempt.
Yeah I’ve never done IV and don’t really plan too. I’m to scared to try it. I have seen that nasal ROA is much better than oral. Should I take it orally first to assess tolerance? I’m not a regular user of opiates. The last time I took opiates was several months ago. I have been mainly kratum lately.

Last edited:
You don't need to use it orally first to check tolerance. Just snort a tiny bump as a test for tolerance/allergies. 1mg should be fine for starting, just slowly work your way up like you would with something of unknown purity like street heroin. Don't be surprised if you don't feel much due to the kratom usage but don't take a lot in a hurry because you think you might have a tolerance. Hydromorphone has a short half life and duration so be aware the desire to re-dose with it is more than something like oxycodone. There is a reason people that IV call it the cocaine/crack of opioids.

You're smart not to get started with IV. I don't know how I managed to avoid it when I was using heavily. I used to watch my friend chase the rush of these and it wasn't fun to see. He'd be poking at himself every 10-15 minutes. I saw him IV cocaine once and the behavior was very similar.

You don't need to use it orally first to check tolerance. Just snort a tiny bump as a test for tolerance/allergies. 1mg should be fine for starting, just slowly work your way up like you would with something of unknown purity like street heroin. Don't be surprised if you don't feel much due to the kratom usage but don't take a lot in a hurry because you think you might have a tolerance. Hydromorphone has a short half life and duration so be aware the desire to re-dose with it is more than something like oxycodone. There is a reason people that IV call it the cocaine/crack of opioids.

You're smart not to get started with IV. I don't know how I managed to avoid it when I was using heavily. I used to watch my friend chase the rush of these and it wasn't fun to see. He'd be poking at himself every 10-15 minutes. I saw him IV cocaine once and the behavior was very similar.
Thank you for the info. Ill give what you said a go and report back on how it goes. 👍🏼