• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone tolerance question

OC Lover

Greenlighter
So if this has been answered it's been hard to find, I usually like taking 30-40 mg of hydro but recently been needing around 60-80mgs to get desired effects.... from those with experience, about how long until my tolerence reduces? I have 65 mg leftover from a surgery and would like getting 2 doses out of it if possible. I am 6'4 215lbs if that matters, I usually find a good weeks worth of goodies once a month

Hey OC Lover! This is my first encounter with you, so I'd like to welcome you to the community :) We are knowledgeable, intelligent, compassionate and my Mother tells me that I am quite handsome. With all of this in mind, let's dive right in. When you get a moment, please read through the BL User Agreement as well as the specific guidelines for the Harm Reduction forums. I tell everyone this stuff, so don't worry. We try not to actively promote drug usage, our philosophy is that we are here to help adults who have chosen to use drugs do so safely.

In the future, just try to refrain from creating threads that pertain to just getting intoxicated and "feeling good". We consider the choice to use drugs to be a personal journey. We are here to give you those course corrections that you might need to keep you healthy and safe. No harm done OP, just wanted to let you know. Because we're dealing with the issue of reduced tolerance and such, this definitely does apply to HR, so we're in business.

Reduced tolerance, which is typically obtained by choice, is in fact Prime Time for overdose deaths. You've probably heard the stories, but users often will use the same dosage that they were previously habituated to despite the fact that their tolerance has been reduced significantly. So, always exercise caution when you believe your tolerance has dropped and it looks like you are doing just that by coming to us ;)

It should take about 3 days for your tolerance to be reduced to a significant extent. The problem is, if you're dependent, reducing your dosage is going to provoke withdrawal symptoms. It would be helpful to know how long you've been using the Hydrocodone (Vicodin; Norco; Lortab) and at what frequency. If you're using every day and have been for some time, this could be complicated.

Hey thanks for the reply! I don't use everyday no, maybe a week out of each month but sometimes it's dry with nothing but, I've taken about 30 mg of oxy 2 Thursdays ago, (Hit very nicely) , and have been taking the vicodin everyday this week since monday, except for yesterday, and my biggest problem now is my mouth hurts but I only have about 65 mg left. Like I posted usually 40mg will get me and the pain off good w the hydro but now its been 60-80 which is why I skipped yesterday but wanted to know how long until it dropped, you said 3 days? Cause my mouth still hurts and they will be gone if I take some today, and unfortunately I dont know where to get more and I dont think I'll be getting any refills so, wanted to use these sparingly for pain but if I just wont be able to make 2 doses out of it then idk I may just take the last and get another pain free day for my mouth

It sounds like you have been doing this for a while if you are having trouble at those doses. I ran into the same thing and the only thing you can do is take a few months off and hope your tolerance drops.

Also once it eventually drops it'll will increase very rapidly once you start using again, the brain seems to have a memory of what your tolerance was and will quickly return to that point.