• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydrocodone potentiation

duncandonuts

Greenlighter
(I have tolerance and experience with all the drugs I will name, they are all potentiators listed on the Ultimate Opiate Potentation thread) If I take diphenhydramine (Benadryl), low dose amitriptyline (Tricyclic antidepressant), low dose dextromethorphan, clonazepam (Klonopin; benzodiazepines), and wash it down with a glass of freshly squeezed white grapefruit juice, (on an completely empty stomach) how much will this potentiate my hydrocodone? My usual recreational dose is 25 mg. What should dose should I take after using all these potentiators? Is using all these potentiators safe? Is there an order I should use them in? Thanks! =D

If you read the potentiation threads then you should already know your answer, try reading them more carefully next time.

Anyhow, remember:

***(For the typical substances i.e. cimetidine) POTENTIATION DOES NOT MAKE THE ACTUAL LEVELS OF THE DRUG IN YOUR BODY INCREASE, IT SIMPLY PROLONGS THEM****

However, for benzodiazepines (always will need to list your dosages btw) and other synergistic elements put into ingestion, the dosage of the primary substance may actually need to be slightly decreased to avoid OD -Benzos with opiates especially are a recipe for an OD-
So do NOT take a large dose (relative to your tolerance) of the Klonopin, I'd say half of your regular dose would be a good starting point-

With just enzyme inhibiting elements, your opiate dosage should always stay the same, that's the whole point of potentiation, is to get more out of your usual dose - again, it only will prolong the effects, not increase them. (Edit: ok i guess Lorne??? says no, WGF can actually increase t-max of oxy 1.5-2x, so nvm)

I really am unfamiliar with that extreme of a potentiation regimen, TBH I'd recommend just going with White grapefruit juice, tagamet (cimetidine~400mg) and benadryl if you are just gonna doze off on the couch. This is a much simpler/safer method and is still very effective.

Order= WGF+Tagemet hour/half hour before ingestion - Benedryl 15 minutes before

I understand benzos can greatly aid in the perception of the high for some people, but benedryl can accomplish close to same type of feeling, but doesn't carry any other danger on top of it like the benzos do. Realistically, a low dose benzo really isn't that dangerous but, again, with regard to HR, benedryl is just altogether easier.

-Have fun but be safe

*Oh ya Lorne??? said something about DXM having only mild enzyme inhibiting properties, and should really only be used by frequent users trying to maintain tolerance levels

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice! My usual dose of clonazepam is 2 mg, so will taking half of my dose (1 mg) be safe? Is it only the sedative affects that increase the power of the opioid high? If that is true I will just stick to diphenhydramine to increase sedation as well as the white grapefruit juice. Does calcium carbonate (Tums; Antacid) make digestion of the hydrocodone take longer? (Thus prolonging the effects) When I take 30 mg of hydrocodone, I nod out really, really, hard. Should I reduce my dose of 30 mg to get the same effect with these potentiators? If it helps I almost never use and I am 190 pounds and am 5'11".

If you read the potentiation threads then you should already know your answer, try reading them more carefully next time.

Anyhow, remember:

***POTENTIATION DOES NOT MAKE THE ACTUAL LEVELS OF THE DRUG IN YOUR BODY INCREASE, IT SIMPLY PROLONGS THEM****

However, for benzodiazepines (always will need to list your dosages btw) and other synergistic elements put into ingestion, the dosage of the primary substance may actually need to be slightly decreased to avoid OD -Benzos with opiates especially are a recipe for an OD-
So do NOT take a large dose (relative to your tolerance) of the Klonopin, I'd say half of your regular dose would be a good starting point-

With just enzyme inhibiting elements, your opiate dosage should always stay the same, that's the whole point of potentiation, is to get more out of your usual dose - again, it only will prolong the effects, not increase them.

I really am unfamiliar with that extreme of a potentiation regimen, TBH I'd recommend just going with White grapefruit juice, tagamet (cimetidine~400mg) and benadryl if you are just gonna doze off on the couch. This is a much simpler/safer method and is still very effective.

Order= WGF+Tagemet hour/half hour before ingestion - Benedryl 15 minutes before

I understand benzos can greatly aid in the perception of the high for some people, but benedryl can accomplish close to same type of feeling, but doesn't carry any other danger on top of it like the benzos do. Realistically, a low dose benzo really isn't that dangerous but, again, with regard to HR, benedryl is just altogether easier.

-Have fun but be safe

*Oh ya Lorne??? said something about DXM having only mild enzyme inhibiting properties, and should really only be used by frequent users trying to maintain tolerance levels

Lorne did say that, and it's true. :)
In any case, you really want 3A4 inhibition.

But what you said about potentiatiors isn't exactly true. Some do increase plasma levels, and in some cases dramatically. As an example, drinking a large amount of WGJ with midazolam increases peak plasma levels by fucking 500%!!! So that makes 10mg with juice equal to taking 50mg without it. And oxy cmax is also 1.5-2x higher. But yeah, stuff like cimetidine just increases duration.

Duncandonuts, I answered your question(more or less) the first time you posted it, in the potentiation thread.

^ what he said :) (+ baking soda also increases BA, which can increase the levels of the drug in your body).

benadryl always worked best for me due to the sedative and itch relieving effect as well as liver enzyme inhibition. I could feel my hydro a couple hours longer but usually end up passing out.

Lorne did say that, and it's true. :)
In any case, you really want 3A4 inhibition.

But what you said about potentiatiors isn't exactly true. Some do increase plasma levels, and in some cases dramatically. As an example, drinking a large amount of WGJ with midazolam increases peak plasma levels by fucking 500%!!! So that makes 10mg with juice equal to taking 50mg without it. And oxy cmax is also 1.5-2x higher. But yeah, stuff like cimetidine just increases duration.

Duncandonuts, I answered your question(more or less) the first time you posted it, in the potentiation thread.

Ok sorry i guess i was referring to just the typical shit people always ask about (tagamet, WGF etc.) and only for use with opiates.

Still though, wait what? oxy levels by 1.5-2??? since when? I thought that was hammered into my head like a bajillion time on this site that with opiates it doesn't ACTUALLY increase how much your getting... wtf

Thanks for the advice! My usual dose of clonazepam is 2 mg, so will taking half of my dose (1 mg) be safe? Is it only the sedative affects that increase the power of the opioid high? If that is true I will just stick to diphenhydramine to increase sedation as well as the white grapefruit juice. Does calcium carbonate (Tums; Antacid) make digestion of the hydrocodone take longer? (Thus prolonging the effects) When I take 30 mg of hydrocodone, I nod out really, really, hard. Should I reduce my dose of 30 mg to get the same effect with these potentiators? If it helps I almost never use and I am 190 pounds and am 5'11".

Wow, you're lucky that you can nod out on 30mg...takes me at least 300-400mg of oxycodone to nod out...

Thanks for the advice! My usual dose of clonazepam is 2 mg, so will taking half of my dose (1 mg) be safe? Is it only the sedative affects that increase the power of the opioid high? If that is true I will just stick to diphenhydramine to increase sedation as well as the white grapefruit juice. Does calcium carbonate (Tums; Antacid) make digestion of the hydrocodone take longer? (Thus prolonging the effects) When I take 30 mg of hydrocodone, I nod out really, really, hard. Should I reduce my dose of 30 mg
to get the same effect with these potentiators? If it helps I almost never use and I am 190 pounds and am 5'11".

The best antihistamine you can go with here is insuffulated doxylamine.

Ok sorry i guess i was referring to just the typical shit people always ask about (tagamet, WGF etc.) and only for use with opiates.

Still though, wait what? oxy levels by 1.5-2??? since when? I thought that was hammered into my head like a bajillion time on this site that with opiates it doesn't ACTUALLY increase how much your getting... wtf

I'll post it again:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20406214/

Drinking 600ml juice 3 days consecutively, and then taking oxycodone, increases peak plasma 1.5 fold, AUC 1.7 fold, and half-life 1.2 fold( borders on statistical insignificance, though). That's basically a huge BA increase.

The problem is that people drink 1 or 2 glasses, that won't do shit. You need at least 1.5 liter, and preferably 2ltr.

And yes, raising PH can increase BA= higher plasma.

(Any inhibitor can raise plasma levels, but it depends on the drug taken and MOA)

So if I drink a whopping amount of two liters of white grapefruit juice and take 10 mg and feel it like 50 mg? Definitely going to go pick up some white grapefruit juice now. Does this work with codeine as well? I figure it down to three basic potentiators. Start a white grapefruit juice "diet" three days before consumption of hydrocodone/opioid. (around 600 ml a day)Take baking soda roughly an hour before hydrocodone/opioid consumption. (have no idea what amount?) Take 50 mg diphenhydramine (Benadryl) roughly twenty minutes before hydrocodone consumption. Consume hydrocodone/opioid. (Consumption of Benadryl, baking soda, and hydrocodone on an completely empty stomach; 12+ without eating) If my usual dose is 30 mg, and I follow all of these rituals, how much should I reduce my hydrocodone dose if any?

So if I drink a whopping amount of two liters of white grapefruit juice and take 10 mg and feel it like 50 mg? Definitely going to go pick up some white grapefruit juice now. Does this work with codeine as well? I figure it down to three basic potentiators. Start a white grapefruit juice "diet" three days before consumption of hydrocodone/opioid. (around 600 ml a day)Take baking soda roughly an hour before hydrocodone/opioid consumption. (have no idea what amount?) Take 50 mg diphenhydramine (Benadryl) roughly twenty minutes before hydrocodone consumption. Consume hydrocodone/opioid. (Consumption of Benadryl, baking soda, and hydrocodone on an completely empty stomach; 12+ without eating) If my usual dose is 30 mg, and I follow all of these rituals, how much should I reduce my hydrocodone dose if any?
Also take 600 mg of cimetidine (tagamet) one hour before hydrocodone/opioid consumption.

I just don't get, everyone swears by using benzos to potentiate oxy, when I take a benzo it knocks the opiate buzz right down to nothing... Am I the only one???
My enzymes lvls are screwed up from severe chronic pancreatitis, could this have anything to do with it??

@Cliffy78- I cant figure that one out buddy.Benzos and opiates are the best combination high in the world IMHO.By far my all time favorite used to be heroin and Xanax.No more H for me so now it's pain-killers and Xanax.Add some whisky to the mix and it gets even better (obligatory disclaimer:it's a potentially lethal mix I know,I know.)I can honestly say that you are the only drug user I've ever heard say that.Everyone I know gets a greatly increased high from both drugs when used together.Lots of us have fucked up enzyme levels due to Hep C so I don't think the enzymes are it.Sorry to hear that man,really,because for everyone I've talked to it's a great combo if used with caution.Truly perplexing.So if you could only potentiate/increase the effects of one,benzos or oxy,which would you rather have?

I'll post it again:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20406214/

Drinking 600ml juice 3 days consecutively, and then taking oxycodone, increases peak plasma 1.5 fold, AUC 1.7 fold, and half-life 1.2 fold( borders on statistical insignificance, though). That's basically a huge BA increase.

The problem is that people drink 1 or 2 glasses, that won't do shit. You need at least 1.5 liter, and preferably 2ltr.

And yes, raising PH can increase BA= higher plasma.

(Any inhibitor can raise plasma levels, but it depends on the drug taken and MOA)

Ohhhh okay, ya i kind of remember that but again, i should clarify EVERYDAY**** potentiators taken at NORMAL amounts don't really increase plasma levels- I don't think many people go out buying gallons of grapefruit juice hahaha

My main point that I'll still stand by is that potentiation for most people should just be kept simpler in order to get a little more out of your drug-Not to freaking gouge yourself with fucking everything grapefruit on top of whole fucking pill cabinet full of everything from cough medicine to prozac ahahahaha

Lorne???'s always right

I just don't get, everyone swears by using benzos to potentiate oxy, when I take a benzo it knocks the opiate buzz right down to nothing... Am I the only one???
My enzymes lvls are screwed up from severe chronic pancreatitis, could this have anything to do with it??

This happens to me every time with any benzo, even .5 lorazepam.

drink one beer maybe 2 as well i know its not the safest but it always works for me.

I never liked taking them together… it would completely negate the opiate ‘come up’ that increasing ‘rush’ or just definite feeling that the opiate is starting to kick in