• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone/Oxycodone and Gabapentin

Nimble Engine

Greenlighter
Hey this is a basic question: I have been taking opioids (mostly hydrocodone) probably about 15mg plus 600 mg Gabapentin on an average of 2 to 3 times a week for, like, 12 years. i have a chronic pain issue and it's the only thing that helps. I always try to make sure I don't take them two nights in a row so i don't get "hooked." But my stomach is a mess and I sometimes use Movantik and stool softeners. SO my question: am I hooked? Am i doing anything to my stomach or insides? I feel like I can maintain this regimen, yeah sometimes I have really low energy during the day. I just need advice. Thanks.

Opioids make you constipated so I wouldnt interpret needing stool softener as a sign of dependence, just evidence of use. I take 600+mg of gabapentin almost every day, and my only stomach issues are constipation from Kratom.

If you've maintained a steady dose for years you're not addicted. You might be dependent, but dependence without addiction is actually easier to deal with than addiction alone (and obviously together they make a perfect storm).

Your dosage is relatively safe for both meds.

+psyllium husk helps a lot with my diet/drug stomach issues

Opioids make you constipated so I wouldnt interpret needing stool softener as a sign of dependence, just evidence of use. I take 600+mg of gabapentin almost every day, and my only stomach issues are constipation from Kratom.

If you've maintained a steady dose for years you're not addicted. You might be dependent, but dependence without addiction is actually easier to deal with than addiction alone (and obviously together they make a perfect storm).
thank you. i appreciate that. i guess the trick is to not let dependence turn into addiction. i will keep using the strategy of just 2 to 3 times per week.

i take oxy, morphine and hydros, and i actually cant believe this post is right on time as lel, ive just taken my first 200mg of gabapentin 20 minutes ago (ive been prescribed for like 2 years took em once found they dont do anything but tonight i figured fuck it, popped like 10 of them around 300-400mg worth) what should i expect?

thank you. have you tried Movantik? i can't figure out if it does anything.

Never tried Movantik. Sounds like something I'd certainly use if I had a big script/supply and heavy usage+constipation.

I don't know enough about it regarding occasional opiate use, or in the case of habit exceeding supply.

i take oxy, morphine and hydros, and i actually cant believe this post is right on time as lel, ive just taken my first 200mg of gabapentin 20 minutes ago (ive been prescribed for like 2 years took em once found they dont do anything but tonight i figured fuck it, popped like 10 of them around 300-400mg worth) what should i expect?

I wasnt aware gabapentin came in anything less than 100mg capsules, you got 50mg gabapentin pills?