• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone first time dosage advice

Bobcom100

Greenlighter
So I have a few hydros and I'm pretty new to opiates, I have 5 10mg tabs and I'm wondering if I take 20mg rn if that would be enough to get me high. I know not to take too much acetaminophen so no worries.
btw I weigh 120 and I'm 16 so idk if that helps

Last edited:
I have a friend a bit larger than you who gets zonked off a 5, sick off a 10. I have a respectable tolerance and find only 30mg works for me. More does nothing stronger so is wasteful and bad on liver. Be sure to just eat them, and you can potentiate them if necc.

My first opiate ever was a single norco 10 mgs and to this day it's probably the 2nd best I've ever felt outside shooting up first time. I still shoot up daily 4 years heroin and I need 150-200 mgs hydrocodone now but you take 5-10 your first dose that's it I swear bro

I'd take a single 10mg and you'll be good

well, you might throw up, but you'll still feel good

I've never had a tolerance when using hydrocodone and I've always needed at least 20mg to really get high, closer to 25mg. But then again, I've also had a weird relationship with it. My first time ever using, at 25mg, feeling nothing while my best friend was high as hell nodding at points.

My first opiate ever was a single norco 10 mgs and to this day it's probably the 2nd best I've ever felt outside shooting up first time. I still shoot up daily 4 years heroin and I need 150-200 mgs hydrocodone now but you take 5-10 your first dose that's it I swear bro
nod that's solid apparently if you are way unaccustomed to opiates, whatever the "baseline" script is both effective for pain and euphoria. i'd exploit the hell out of that if I was you, don't take them too much if you really don't need a change in consciousness and/or discomfort. while I've been scripted several stronger opiates, like dilaudid and fentanyl; hydrocodone is the most wonderful drug for me in terms of treating pain and withdrawal, and NOT getting abused so much. i'd be fine if a doctor would just buy into that... gimme 90-100mg/day of hydrocodone. but even that's too much APAP of course. but no they prefer I go pay a literal fortune for suboxone treatment with constant physical and psychological checkups. insurance naturally doesn't care to help. dilaudid has been called "the crack of heroin" and that fits pretty much. scripts run out way too fast, you're chasing a rush not treating your pain objectively.

Start off with one 10mg. When I first tried Hydrocodone (when I was just a wee baby pill junkie), I had already grown a tolerance for codeine and used it regularly. I took 20mg of hydro and was so high I was miserable. I couldn't even sleep, and everything felt and looked fuzzy in a bad way. Hard to describe, honestly, but it's like everything had the slightest wobble to it and I was extremely dizzy.

Start with just one for sure if you don't have much of a tolerance, it should work perfectly. If in about half an hour you don't feel much then take another one.

Unfortunately, we don't like to field, "How much to get high questions". Although, I can see you're new, and new-to-Opioid folks are generally of the group in the most imminent danger of overdosing. Luckily, you could most likely consume all of that Hydrocodone and just take a really good nap. That's the reality, but we're going to do the safety dance and approach this with the utmost respect for Harm Reduction in the process.

Firstly, 20mg is an adequate starting dosage for someone totally naive. There's no telling if you'll be in the "more affected" or "less affected" category, (I would need 80mg Hydrocodone without tolerance to catch a buzz), but you must play it safe until you know how you will be affected. Start with 20mg and see how it feels, from there on, you should be able to infer upon a more precise, correct dosage.

Do not take in conjunction with other Central Nervous System depresssants like Alcohol or Benzodiazepines. If you wanna smoke some weed, more power to you, but don't fuck around.

If you decide in the future to indulge in Hydrocodone, which is totally your choice, we will not direct you one way or the other, than you should become acquainted with the method of Cold Water Extraction, which removes the liver-toxic APAP from your pills and leave you with the desired substance in a more pure form.

Most people take 15-20 mg, but you can go Higher if that isn't enough. Try 15-20 the first time and see how it goes. the average lethal dose is 90 mg, but Fatality can still occur under 90 mg, so be careful. Anything above 60 is dangerous, and anything above 40 will make you really sick.

I agree. i doubt you'd be "zonked" off only one of your 10 mg one. I'd start with 20 Mgs for and give it 30-45 solid mins and if you aren't feeling anything don't pop the other one!! Next time just take the remaining 3 the next day once you get your tolerance back down a little lol enjoy my friend.

I agree. i doubt you'd be "zonked" off only one of your 10 mg one. I'd start with 20 Mgs for and give it 30-45 solid minutes
Hydrocodone can Take up to an hour to kick in and doesn't peak for another couple hours, you should probably Wait a little while longer before redosing