• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Hydrocodone cold water extraction (cwe)

Bbyash

Greenlighter
I’m going to start doing cwe for my norco prescription way too much APAP. I’ve been doing each cwe by dose but it takes too long. Can you do a cwe and let the water evaporate then weight out the mg of hydro? If so what’s the best way to do the evaporation process?

Yes you can evaporate it. It won't give a 100% accurate mg weight cuz theres always a bit of APAP left over but if you also keep and weigh the extracted APAP you can calculate how much is left in your extraction. I've never evaporated a cwe myself but I've heard people tend to use lamps or hairdryers.

Yes you can evaporate it. It won't give a 100% accurate mg weight cuz theres always a bit of APAP left over but if you also keep and weigh the extracted APAP you can calculate how much is left in your extraction. I've never evaporated a cwe myself but I've heard people tend to use lamps or hairdryers.
Do you know how long the extracted hydro would be good for if I leave it in the fridge. Will the potency be damaged or anything?

Do you know how long the extracted hydro would be good for if I leave it in the fridge. Will the potency be damaged or anything?
The potency will not be damaged but you will have bacterial growth in the residue since it will be damp (you won't be able to completely dry it without heating under vacuum). This bacteria shouldn't be a big problem if you just eat it. Best to keep in freezer to avoid this.

Not sure why you want to dry it down but you won't wanna shoot it because it will still have lots of APAP in it. You'd have to perform an acid base liquid liquid extraction with chloroform and filtration to get pure hydro crystals to shoot.

The potency will not be damaged but you will have bacterial growth in the residue since it will be damp (you won't be able to completely dry it without heating under vacuum). This bacteria shouldn't be a big problem if you just eat it. Best to keep in freezer to avoid this.

Not sure why you want to dry it down but you won't wanna shoot it because it will still have lots of APAP in it. You'd have to perform an acid base liquid liquid extraction with chloroform and filtration to get pure hydro crystals to shoot.
I was going re capsule if I could dry down. Just seemed more convenient to do than have liquid substance as I travel frequently.