• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone and Valium

Geordie3

Greenlighter
I had surgery recently and took 2 5-325 hydrocondones. They gave me a terrible headache and anxiety. I get weird side effects from a lot of meds. I take 5 mgs. of Valium 3 xs a day and 100 mgs. of Trazadone at bedtime. My question is how long should I wait to take the valium after taking this dose of hydrocodone. It's made me feel awful and I'd like to take a Valium and Trazadone at bedtime. I took the hydrocodone at 11:30 am.

Taking your typical daily dose of valium on top of 10mg of hydrocodone is not going to be dangerous per se.

It might make you a little more sedated than usual, so just stay home. You'll be fine.

Don't make a habit out of it, though. That's probably the biggest danger in this situation for you.

welcome to BL, id wait a good while, take a real hot shower, see if you cant eat something good for you, drink alot of water, shouldn't hurt to take your valium, but i get tummy aches when i get bad headaches, so less meds in my stomach is best for me

I had surgery recently and took 2 5-325 hydrocondones. They gave me a terrible headache and anxiety. I get weird side effects from a lot of meds. I take 5 mgs. of Valium 3 xs a day and 100 mgs. of Trazadone at bedtime. My question is how long should I wait to take the valium after taking this dose of hydrocodone. It's made me feel awful and I'd like to take a Valium and Trazadone at bedtime. I took the hydrocodone at 11:30 am.
I see this was written some time ago. Like myself, returned today, someone else may have interest.
I look at the drugs half life. That is length of time a drug hypothetically takes to clear the system. Valium has a very long half life.for some people up to 20 hours hydrocodone a short half life. If you want half the hydrocodone gone wait 3.8 hours then you could take a valium. It takes 5 half lives for a drug to be totally gone from the system. Too I think trazadone and hydrocodone would be a double dose of two similar chemicals. So you might need to look at that too. Valium, trazadone, and hydrocodone effect brains repiratory center. Depressants. Its rare but unless very careful in how you take them you might forget to breath while you sleep.