• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone and Guaifenesin Codeine Syrup

SweetGnome74

Greenlighter
Hello.

I'm new here and have a question. :)

I've been taking hydrocodone dinner 1998 when I broke my skull, neck, left hip, right clavicle, three ribs and both big toes. I think I covered it all... I have more metal than bones in me now, basically.

I've gotten such a tolerance to hydrocodone that I now take 7 10s at a time.

I'm out and have no way to get any. The withdrawals are severe.

All I have is Guaifenesin and codeine 100/10 per 5mg cough syrup.

How much do I need to take to equal 7 hydrocodone?

Will that amount of Guaifenesin kick my butt?

Whatever happens, it has to be better than this...

Thank you.

You could give DXM (start with maybe 200mg, wait a while, if required add another 100mg) a try. It won't exactly be an opioid high but can convert the withdrawal into something even possibly interesting / pleasurable.

Guaifenesin has low toxicity:
Overdose with guaifenesin is unlikely to produce toxic effects since its toxicity is low. Very large doses may cause nausea and vomiting. Source... and just read that it has anticonvulsive, sedative and possibly dissociative properties, so if you don't get the nausea it might even have some light benefits.

Codeine is relatively weak, here you find a dosage equivalence calculator for various opioids. It comes to around 450mg, which might be above the ceiling (also more than one bottle of syrup together with 45x the recommended dose of guai, so maybe you want try to separate/extract the codeine. Here is a manual - it's about DXM/guaifenesin, quick search found nothing about codeine but guess the molecules are similar enough - DXM is the d-enantiomer of methorphanol, which is structurally an opiate like codeine)

You could also combine low dose codeine + DXM.

Last edited:
Also, I tried to find out how to extract the codeine. It looks way too difficult for my brain.

Thank you so much for your response.

Last edited:
Hey, don't worry, this place is exactly to learn and expand our knowledge :)

Dextromethorphan is a medicine that is sold OTC as a cough suppressant, for example as robitussin. It's got interesting pharmacology way beyond just cough, ranging from being antidepressive, helping with opioid withdrawal and against tolerance, and in higher doses it makes you trip. Here's the good but a bit old FAQ about it - back then they didn't know yet it helps with opioids so that's missing there.

Possibly you don't need to extract, if you try it with DXM you could use much less codeine like maybe 100mg.
Or do you have access to more than one bottle of codeine syrup?

The OTC diarrhea Med loperamide helps too, it is an opioid which just happens to enter the brain only very poorly but helps with peripheral symptoms like, but not limited to, diarrhea. A good part of opioid tolerance / withdrawal is mediated by peripheral receptors.
Some also take (extremely) hefty doses of lope to achieve some central effects, we have the one or other report about here on BL, but its unpredictable and dangerous.
Yet means too that moderate ones are pretty safe so you could easily take like 2-4x the recommended dose and check if it helps you.

Last edited:
don't do it it won't kill u but the guanfacine will make it feel super shifty I know i drank a whole bottle of that syrup n it sucked

I know it's too late but don't drink large amounts of gauf. I made that mistake with codeine and gauf syrup and was throwing my guts up for several hours, the stomach pain was immense.