• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydro WD, timeline questions

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
So I'm WD'ing from Hydro, and technically Codeine too.. I used codeine for like a week or so almost straight stopped 1-2 days and then used Hydro few days in a row stopping also 1-2 days in between for about 3 weeks now....

Now 2 years ago I WD from 3 months of daily use of Hydro and I cried for 7 days straight and felt horrible with no energy whatsoever, my legs hurt constantly. That's what I remember. Last summer I WD'd bunch of times from PST and withdrawals lasted over 10 days after maybe month and half of use, WD's from PST were worse in my opinion, that was hell.

So now this time I've been clean 53 hours... I keep on thinking the WD's are going away and them bam they hit me again... I just feel like I have a cold and my skin just fucking burns all over, that's what I hate the most... And I'm feeling quite fucking emotional too, I just watched the new Star Wars movie and I couldn't stop crying for some reason...

So I feel like I'm feeling it more because of my history of previous addiction and Withdrawals... but I really didn't use that much this time so I can't see this lasting longer than a few more days.. I'm thinking by the 96 hour mark that I should be fine or am I being too optimistic? I felt pretty good all day today and about 30 minutes ago I started feeling bad again... Any opinions, any help? thank you

My prescription ran out so I don't have a way of relapsing thankfully

I've found that a bit of alcohol at night relieves the symptoms a bit, I know that if I over do it that it will hurt even more since that happened to me with PST and I swore to never drink again during WD's but these WD's are way way way less severe so I think it's ok.. I'm not getting out of my mind drunk... I'm prolly drinking 4-5 shots of whiskey, mixed with coke over 2-3 hours time.

Are we talking about, hydrocodone, or hydromorphone? And youve been using hydro and codeine for 3 weeks, youre 53 hours clean, and the last time you used opiates was last summer? Do I have this right?

- Hopeless

Last edited:
yes hydrocodone, I was taking 50mg at a time to get high... 2 years ago my dose was 25-30mg but the PST made my tolerance rise like crazy... I haven't really used PST since September

I had initally tried 22.5 mg of hydro and felt nothing and was extremely disappointed, later I upped the dose and realized that my tolerance had just risen like crazy.... 150mg of codeine made me feel awesome too, when before PST 90 even 60mg of codeine had me floored

PST is the devil and I will never touch that shit again, if anyone reads this trust me, do not mess with that SHIT.. WD's last forever, I had a fucking fever for at least 10 days and felt like crap for easily 15-16 days and that was only after month and half of almost daily use

Well the good news is, 50mg isnt that much, and 3 weeks use, isnt that long. So as long as you stay hydrated, nourished, your symptoms shouldnt last more than 4-5 days.. If you were opiate naive before that stint, you might not even wd,.however given your opiate history, I'm not surprised you dont feel well. Once addicted, physical dependency occurs faster, each time.

- hs

that's what I thought... what's your take on the alcohol?.. Like it has already taken away my burning sensation on my skin, I hate that most that anything, maybe it's a form of that Restlessness everyone talks about... Thanks.. I'm trying to get clean and put this behind me for good and not do this to myself again

Take hot showers or baths, frequently. You'll feel relief from the water, but you go to feeling like shit within minutes of getting out of the water,.so I always run to my bed and try to fall asleep, before it comes raging back lol. You can search for withdrawal kit and usually there's decent otc med suggestions. But, sometimes I wonder what percentage the psychological effects are on withdrawal.

- HS

You havent mentioned anything about alcohol, are you drinking?

- hs

Yeah, I used the hot showers a lot with my PST withdrawals, but I was fucking miserable then... This is a piece of cake compared, but still sucks... With my PST withdrawals I also was taken Valium, Xanax, Ambien, anything I fucking could to sleep and forget about that... Now all I have is alcohol, I just know tomorrow will be better than today, and Friday I should be almost back to my real self

Why do you keep on posting that hopeless thing?

I'm just a drinking a bit to help with some of the symptoms and to help time go by quicker.... I don't have a problem with alcohol just to make it clear.. and it's not that I'm in denial, I really don't.. I almost never drink

Ah gotcha, you know I drink during wd's.but normally during the early stages of wd, 'cause middle to later stages, my stomach is not right, so.I cant handle it then. But dont drink enough to get a hangover!.Hangover +WD= living hell.

I'm leaving my signature/name at the end of the post, my screen name is hopeless soul, I just have it upside down.( 7nos SS373dOH ), to be a clever cunt. =]

- Hopeless..

ha, I see now... Yes, my goal is to stop before a hangover too, because I have had hangovers + WD's and yes it was the worst... but I'm drinking so slow that I doubt it will happen.... I would get those when I was drinking PST during the day and then drinking alcohol, like massive amounts with my friends at night and then waking up feeling like fucking shit... Those hangovers/WD's were so horrible that they made me not drink a drop of alcohol for over 10 months, at the time I didn't know I was WDing too, I thought they were just straight up pure hangovers, stupid naive me.. I would rave at how PST cured hangovers haha, nope, they were just curing WD's

sound silly but that's exactly what I thought for weeks till I decided to quit PST since it was getting out of hand and shit the truth hit me hard.... So I'll reiterate, anyone reading this, DO NOT fucking mess with PST, the high will last you over 12 hours, some lingering effects even longer, but WD's will at the same time last fucking forever too.. Do not do it

You mustve been getting some good.seeds,.I only have luck with the pods.

- hs

Anyways, sometimes just writing about what youre going through during withdrawal, helps. So feel free to post on your what youre going through!.I forgot to mention before, I know what you mean about being emotional, I lol'd at the star wars comment!

- hs