• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydro WD question

LuLu3883

Greenlighter
Hey ya'll. I've been taking a low amount of 10mg hyrdrocodone recreationally for about 2 1/2 -3 weeks. Only 10-20 mg a day. I've been through brutal wd's in the past but I used much higher doses over longer periods of time. I tried to taper myself from this last little binge, over the last few day. I last took a 10mg hydro about 24 hours ago. I don't feel awful, but not great either. Got some muscle aches, and the typical anxiety. Also got my Imodium on deck. Since it's been 24 hours since I've taken anything should I expect it to worsen? I do have a 5mg oxy that I cut in half to use for tapering but I don't know if I should even bother. Any suggestions would be helpful!

I know you're not going to like this, but it's totally up to you how you manage your withdrawal. We don't understand the severity of your symptoms or even your subjective interpretation of the severity of those symptoms. You can already see how it might become a confusing business.

Being that you've been dependent upon Opioids in the past, it's likely that 2.5-3 weeks is sufficient time to readdict you. I've been an Opiate addict for a little over a decade now and it takes me ~3 days of consecutive use to start a dependence/withdrawal situation. Research into the "Kindling Effect". The phenomenon was described in reference to Alcohol; mainly that for serious Alcoholics, the severity/length/duration of their withdrawal phase seemed to worsen with each successive dependency and most importantly, seemed to come on with a shorter course of Alcohol consumption.

It's my layman's opinion that this effect is probably applicable to Opioids and other drugs as well, much in the same way tolerance/dependence are essential characteristics of almost all psychoactive drugs.

I personally think that you shouldn't take any more Opioids, as I believe you're at a stage where continuing to introduce them into your system may ultimately worsen the course of your withdrawal. That's just my opinion. If you need a small dose to function, I would have at it.

Thanks Keif. Well, I haven't taken anything else. Approaching the 30 hour mark, and I still feel the same. Only my anxiety had worsened. I agree from my history your body becomes dependent much faster after every time. My last fuck up was in February, I was popping methadone for no good reason for a couple months then stopped cold turkey. That was a living hell. I knew better than to take anything "for fun" but we all know how that goes. I guess I figured only taking one or 2 at most 10mg hydro wasn't enough to cause any physical symptoms, but It was! I remember from my last WD the point Iam at now was when it got really bad, but again I had been consuming a lot of 'dones. I just hope I get through this quickly.

Thanks Keif. Well, I haven't taken anything else. Approaching the 30 hour mark, and I still feel the same. Only my anxiety had worsened. I agree from my history your body becomes dependent much faster after every time. My last fuck up was in February, I was popping methadone for no good reason for a couple months then stopped cold turkey. That was a living hell. I knew better than to take anything "for fun" but we all know how that goes. I guess I figured only taking one or 2 at most 10mg hydro wasn't enough to cause any physical symptoms, but It was! I remember from my last WD the point Iam at now was when it got really bad, but again I had been consuming a lot of 'dones. I just hope I get through this quickly.

You will. You know what you have to do though. Dependence is always going to build more rapidly than in previous instances, so the longer you procrastinate, the harder the issue will ultimately be.