• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Hydro/perc withdrawl Please Help!!

Lovelyyflower

Greenlighter
Hello,
I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right thread as I am new to Bluelight, but I have a question and need some help.

I am currently on my 3rd day detoxing from Hydro/Percs cold turkey after using for about 10 years. I haven’t really been having really bad withdrawal symptoms that I would consider extreme. But the symptoms I am having currently are I am having a headache that has been here for the past 3 days that resembles sinus pressure but I feel it in the front of my forehead and my eyes and in my nose. And it seems like when I get up to walk around because the headache is there I am extremely dizzy to the point that it’s driving me insane and then it’s starting to make me feel as if it’s something else going on with my head maybe making me second-guess myself. And also it seems as if my body has become extremely sensitive. Like me touching anything or my feet rubbing against anything or stuff like that bothers me to the point like that feeling you get almost like ticklish.

I am just curious to know if this is something that anyone else has experienced? It’s to the point where I have even went to the ER thinking it has nothing to do with the withdrawal and it’s something serious. But both times my CT results of my head have come back completely fine. Is this normal? I really am seeking some help and answers PLEASE!

welcome to bluelight @Lovelyyflower
what kind of worries me is the headaches and walking around dizzy could be a sign of having high/low blood pressure, which is kind of common with withdrawls from anything. what did the hospital say? was your blood pressure good?
10 years is a long time , and possibly your body is going out of whack because of lack of opiates.
You could possibly get something to help with the w/ds. Maybe find some kratom somewhere and only take it to help with the w/ds and nothing more.
the first week or so is the worst, then you have about 3-4 weeks of mental w/ds, and it would be a good time to try and do things to pre-occupy your time and something that you like to do.
worst case maybe you would benifit from something like suboxone for a little while until you can ween yourself off of that and along with a doctors help.
hope you get feeling better <3

welcome to bluelight @Lovelyyflower
what kind of worries me is the headaches and walking around dizzy could be a sign of having high/low blood pressure, which is kind of common with withdrawls from anything. what did the hospital say? was your blood pressure good?
10 years is a long time , and possibly your body is going out of whack because of lack of opiates.
You could possibly get something to help with the w/ds. Maybe find some kratom somewhere and only take it to help with the w/ds and nothing more.
the first week or so is the worst, then you have about 3-4 weeks of mental w/ds, and it would be a good time to try and do things to pre-occupy your time and something that you like to do.
worst case maybe you would benifit from something like suboxone for a little while until you can ween yourself off of that and along with a doctors help.
hope you get feeling better <3

The first 4 times I went they ruled it out as severe anxiety attacks. This was before I went into detox and was still using. First visits was March 2nd and then from there the last was March 26th. Did blood work X-ray and head CT and said everything came back normal. Gave me Ativan for the first time on the 1st and 2nd visit. Helped with the heart rate and breathing. Also told me I was dehydrated and potassium was low. So also treated me for that on the first visit. So as I was still using the anxiety attacks seem to still be happening. It was like if I used 5-10mgs I would still get the euphoric feeling but as soon as it wore off and I took any more than that(which I’m clearly used to taking more) then BOOM! Here come the anxiety symptoms like dizziness, shortness of breath blurry vision and feeling like I was going to pass out. Then if I would only use the 5-10mgs a day the symptoms would still be there when that wore off. So it was like I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t. Which at that point left me confused and assuming it was something more than my use that was causing this. Made me start to feel like I was going crazy because I am very healthy. So then as soon as I stopped and the last dose wore off I got the headache and dizziness that seemed to NOT go away at all if so maybe for 5mins. And then the rapid heart beat and even when I would start to doze off sometimes it would seem as if my heart would skip and that would immediately wake me up and when I wake up it would be beating really fast. Then I went to the doctor again on 4/9 different hospital and they said everything was fine. Head CT and blood work and X-ray and blood pressure and EKG were normal even though I did explain that the heart palpitation or anything would accrue only as I would be dozing off to sleep. So I never assumed it would be blood pressure which I kind of was thinking myself. But since doc said no I just didn’t second guess it. But I really haven’t been able to eat the last 3 days AT ALL. Maybe 2 or 3 tangerines toda my and yesterday but have been constantly drinking water. Then last night I decided to try to take a Tylenol PM for the headache and to help me sleep and that did the exact opposite. It made me extremely jittery, cold, dizzy and seem as if I was having a complete mental break down because I am used to taking Tylenol PM without that EVER happening and scared me half to death. So now I’m still with a headache fast heart rate and just drinking plenty of water. I want to relapse so bad and not because I want to feel he high because mentally I just want to be done. But because I am just scared of this headache and dizziness and the heart rate. I have no clue if this is normal for withdrawing or am I the only one who has experienced this....

I spoke to a doctor about suboxone 4 days ago which was on my last day of use and she explained to me that they will only subscribe it when I am in complete withdrawal and just can’t completely take it anymore. I’m just scared that once I start that then I can’t stop or kick that either. I’m just at such a loss completely.

Well, withdrawal definitely does increase heart rate, as well as anxiety. I've never experienced headache as a withdrawal symptom myself, but apparently it can happen.

If you don't feel like you can get through this, subuxone is an option. But yes, you could find yourself stuck on it indefinitely. I don't feel comfortable talking much about subuxone though cause I've never been on it myself. Neither have I ever been in withdrawal while dependent specifically on oxy or hydrocodone. I've used oxy, but my experience with withdrawal is mostly from heroin, and to a lesser extent methadone.

It says you posted on about 5 days ago, how are you going?