• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydro help

Access Revoked

Greenlighter
So recently I took hydro for the first time. I have previously taken oxy and I was a moron with that and took a dose of 45mg for my first time (I felt fine, just had to lay down for a few minutes until the nausia past). I took 20mg of hydro the other night and felt great... for 45 minutes. I had to spend half an hour lying down and using all of my will power not to throw up all over my bed. I wanted to run to the bathroom but I knew if I stood up it would be game over for my carpet.
I have some more and I want to know what dosage I should try.
This is the only time I am going to take it recreationally because my friend got knee surgery and had some left over after he was fully healed and gave them to me.

Be careful, opiates are pretty addictive and they can be quite expensive too. Opiates have this effect on you, specially if you are not used to it.
You started with strong ones and tolerance could be developed quickly. There are best ways in your age to have fun. I'm not judging you.
You sound young try not to mess around with these type of meds. It's really not worth it.
It will make you sick eventually and soon all this joy could turn to sorrow and pain.
Sorry to disrupt your curiosity, I'm just the guy who has done it and got it all screwed up. It's difficult not to.
Other than that, welcome to Bluelight. We have a lot of great people here and visit some of our threads.

Please read the OD Posting Standards. Dosing questions belong in BDD, which is where I will move this. If 20mg of Hydrocodone is getting you that high, I would try a lower dosage, after abstaining for 24 hours or so (in order to get yourself back to baseline). You do not want to fuck your low tolerance up, it is a blessing to have, believe me, because if you continue to do opiates, you'll find it harder and harder, and then eventually almost impossible to get high like that.

20mg is far too much to start with for hydro or oxy. Definitely try 10mg next time and if that doesn't work wait at least 6 hours then try 15mg. As the others have said be cautious, opiates are very mentally addictive and that can lead to a nasty physical addiction as well.

In the future do your research before taking reckless and irresponsible doses like 45mg of oxycodone.

First off, if you're nauseous, you're either taking wayyyy too much...or the opiates don't agree with you.

The ONLY opiate that makes me even slightly nauseous is tramadol. I'm on 1/2 a gram of it now, and I feel fine, no nausea.

Last, but not least, opiates are NOT recreational drugs. Period.
Go score some weed or some "Lsd" or whatever you're local high-school drug dealer is pedaling these days. Save the opiates for when you get in a car accident or do something stupid, like getting all fucked up and punching windows until you've severed every tendon in you're hand.
If you live to be old enough you WILL need pain meds at some point, and you'll realize then what bad substitutes for recreational drugs opiates are.

Phenergan.

Super easy to come by and works wonders for the nausea. You'll be able to dose as desired with no stomach issues.

Last edited:
I would take some dramamine with it, that should help the nausea. I would stick with 20 mg, if you have limited experience with opioids your tolerance should be fairly low, you don't need more than that.

The OP stated this is the first time using hydrocodone. A person with no tolerance should not start at 20 mg especially if it made them feel sick.