• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Hybrid Batteries

Pretty_Diamonds

Bluelight Crew
Hiiii,

I just bought my first car, Lexus HS250h (2010). :) I'm wondering if any of you that have hybrids with those special batteries have any problems with them? My friend told me to get the extended warranty (additional 8 years for 3k)...but my mother's Lexus (2000, GX470) has had seriously NO problems. But he's insisted that it's a problem with hybrids but I really can't seem to find any information about that.. The current warranty is good until 2017 (good enough, right?)

How many k's on the clock? For work I drive a hybrid camry, currently with 120k on it, still sems to rn ok, but I believe that they d get to a point where the batteries need replacing, which is not very cheap...and I doubt that they will be covered in warranty, though I may be wrong.

Had it probably 15 months, its a work car, so gets driven pretty hard, actually its a taxi, something I do in spare time. I don't know if there is much difference between the hybrid systems of Lexus and Toyota, I imagine they are all very similar, in fact they more than likely roll off the same assembly line.

Yeah, I think they are very similar. Do you think I should get the extended warranty or is till 2017 is good enough?

Oh heck Diamonds, I wouldn't like to advise you without doing a fair bit of research on this, as there are many variables... sorry.
All I can say is that the car I drive has 120k on it with no dramas, well major ones, but it gets driven every day, at least 300 k... I don't know enough about the technology to say whether they age or mileage is important. Or even iff the batts will be covered by the waranty.