• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids huge increase in side effects from oxy after a long break

cdigital

Bluelighter
Few years ago I was doing maybe 100mg-200mg of oxy a day with very little side effects besides constipation and sickness. I quit. Recently I went on a vacation with just a few blues. I had read about side effects of opiates but never had them affect me so much. My face became red and flushed, like an allergic reaction, and on high enough doses the dreaded hiccups started.

These were "tells" of my dabbling again and I quickly stopped trying to have fun like this. What is happening? I suppose it's a good thing that physiologically my body is like nope you're not going back there, and quickly makes the experience as miserable as possible.

It's a myth that the side effects from drugs are unchanging, anywhere at anytime your bodies reaction to a drug can change drastically, even for chronic everyday users.

Jesus I wish I could afford 200mg a day holy shit...that'd cost more than I make in a week where I'm at.

dirzted: thanks for the clarification, thought that was so.

shadow: Well at first I had decent job. And my sources were unaware of/didn't want to deal with the regular OC market. Then I just needed to find money and as we know, in this game, if there's a will, there's a way. Just depends on low you're willing to go.

^Sadly I can afford it, mind you if you got 80's for the price I do you probably could afford it too. cdigital, It sounds like a case of sensitisation, I've seen and experienced this phenomenon before with other substances and drugs. It's usually a case of taking consistent and highish doses of whatever, then having a decent break and then when the substance is resumed the unusual reactions/side effects that can be typical for some people actually occur in those who have never experienced such effects before.

Dirzted is right. Ur bodies reaction can change daily. I used to be prescribed pure codeine and there's a ceiling (from what I remember) at about 400mgs. Can be a a low as 100mgs or as high as a few thousand for some ppl. Mine would change all the time. Sometimes I would get hives at 200mg. But before that I've taken 450mg no problem. Once I consistently starting getting hives I stopped taking them and went to oc. So yeah take it as a sign to not use ever again, u are better off and no1 could argue against that