• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/15R4PpS7qFDbJ6QrY3Hy36S/whats-the-best-way-to-heat-a-room-this-winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fertile

Bluelighter
BBC introduces a guide to the most energy efficient form of eating.

Useful tip - It costs the same to maintain heat in a room no matter what heater is used..

BUT I have to admit that the BBC doesn't deal with 'emergency heating' where your pay cheque will arrive in 2 days, but you have no money and no credit. The simple answer it to burn your home down . I haven't calculated the specific number of therms produced, but in an emergency, it sufficient to procide warmth for 48 hours.

I see this pattern among the native Indian communities stuck with a home so cold that period would die. Not something the rich have to face. I'm not blaming them, it's simply the way of the world.

BBC introduces a guide to the most energy efficient form of eating.

Useful tip - It costs the same to maintain heat in a room no matter what heater is used..

BUT I have to admit that the BBC doesn't deal with 'emergency heating' where your pay cheque will arrive in 2 days, but you have no money and no credit. The simple answer it to burn your home down . I haven't calculated the specific number of therms produced, but in an emergency, it sufficient to procide warmth for 48 hours.

I see this pattern among the native Indian communities stuck with a home so cold that period would die. Not something the rich have to face. I'm not blaming them, it's simply the way of the world.
Maybe change the title of your thread to something else and include the website in thread. At first look it appears like it’s spam tbh.

Maybe change the title of your thread to something else and include the website in thread. At first look it appears like it’s spam tbh.
That's what I thought it was too. The link should be added into the post and not be the title of the thread.

And adding an " h " to the last word in the first sentence too.

Although an efficient way to eat is also pretty good.

It IS spam but I am frankly amazed that the BBC would simply state 'no answer which they expanded to multiple paragraphs.
Interesting that THEY don't have an answer, but then they do pay their staff £35,145, Which is more or less £3000/month and overtime and such readily adds to that.
Kind of sickening when someone with no financial problems feels qualified to speak on behalf of people who do have such issues.

Op says this is spam and not helpful at all to the millions of people that have trouble heating their homes.

Gonna close this and OP if you would like to start a thread in LAVA about ways that could really be helpful for people that are struggling to stay warm this winter that would be great. I guess the issue seems to be lack of funds to pay for the utility as it must be more expensive to heat homes over there then here in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.