• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

hppd

Stupidk

Greenlighter
hello everyone. i have not been on this sight in a long time but i am here with a question.
a little background about me - took MDMA for the first time in june of 2018 and have had a shitty time with my life since. I over came extreme anxiety, panic attacks, head pressure since my trip but it has left me with minimal hppd. although it is minimal, it is bothersome. symptoms= halos around lights, static in dark (gotten better), blue field entropic phenomenon, after images (sometimes), a weird rippling in the sky (only happens sometimes), floaters, lights streaking down when i blink, minimal tracers, ghosting text, noticing my nose a little more than i should?

Now heres my QUESTION
I went to a neurologist and explained my situation and she believes the MDMA constricted my blood vessels and prescribes me verapamil. I was just wondering if anyone went through a similar experience like me and tried verapamil and how it effected you?? I am on my 4th day of taking this and so far nothing negative has happened. Doctor said it will take 2 weeks to start working. HOWEVER, i am terrified something will happen (anxiety talking right now). PLease please reply I need some answers. I have researched other forums and found minimal answers, but the answers I have found seem positive. Just feeding my anxiety I guess.

You may not like this answer, but your anxiety could be the very thing causing all of these visual symptoms. I've been seeing static in the dark since I was a child, but I only really started noticing it and getting worried about it after a very bad LSD trip (my anxiety became worse, hence me worrying about it more). Blue field entoptic phenomenon is also completely normal and most people experience this when looking at a blue background, like the sky for example.

Of course MDMA constricted your blood vessels. Vasoconstriction is something that occurs as a result of MDMA and many other things, especially amphetamines. This is only temporary though (during the experience), and typically not worrisome in normal dosages. And I don't think this has ever been linked to HPPD as much as anxiety has been. Also, since drugs like MDMA are still a rather taboo topic, many doctors/neurologists aren't very knowledgeable about it. The fact that she told you it constricted your blood vessels and implied that they're still constricted from the MDMA almost a year after dosing is just silly. I'll be curious to see if the medication works though.

I see a lot of myself in you after reading your post. It seems like you're generally a pretty anxious person. I have bad anxiety and used to be terrified of trying new substances or medications. Still kinda nervous about it. It would make me panic a lot and I'd always sike myself out thinking there was something wrong with me, when in reality the cause of these undesirable symptoms was because of worrying so much about it. Anxiety itself is incredibly powerful and can be the cause of the symptoms you're experiencing. There's a good chance it is the main cause. You've probably heard the same thing from other people, but you should refrain from all drug use (including weed) for a couple months, eat healthy, and exercise. You may be surprised. Try your best to stop thinking about it, because you know it's only going to make the perceived problem worse. It's easier said than done, but you have to try. In nearly all cases, HPPD is temporary and goes away.

I know the head pressure you speak of and can say in 100% confidence that it's stress and anxiety. It took me several months to get over it previously when I thought it would never go away. Keep fighting, it will all be better soon! Your life will not always be this way.

I appreciate your response! I too think this is all anxiety but I have had these weird visual disturbances for 10 months now that it’s hard to think it’s just anxiety but then again who knows. Our minds our powerful and can make us physically sick as my step mother who is a mental health therapist says.
My dosing was .15 grams but I am a small female of about 115 pounds (now I am 102 pounds gotta love that anxiety) so my first roll was intense as I metabolize drugs very fast. My roll hit me in about 10 minutes when it’s supposed to hit you in 30. And I was throwing up a lot after I ingested the mdma.
I’m hoping this medicine works for me as well and I hope I can report back here if anyone else is going through this as well.
What I can say about (possibly) having Hppd for almost a year now is IT DOES GET BETTER 100%. The anxiety is what kills you. I have learned to not let things bother my (fully) and at times I don’t notice it. I don’t have geometric patterns or walls breathing however.

My younger brother has had HPPD for 2 years induced by marijuana actually which is even more rare but also pretty severe. He’s seen all the docs including Dr Abraham.

As far as the verampamil goes, its very very unlikely to help and the neurologist doesn’t really know what she is talking about. This stuff is way outside their scope of typical practice unfortunately but it isn’t going to hurt you either.

There really is no treatment although there’s some amount of success with naltrexone and a couple other drugs (although some patients get worse so it can be a gamble). It can also go away by itself although no telling when or how.

Anxiety is no doubt feeding symptoms but, from the lengthy research I’ve done on HPPD, it definitely is not the sole cause.

This doesn’t really apply per se but I’ve actually been able to induce HPPD symptoms while high on marijuana in an attempt to replicate my brothers symptoms and help him but it did freak me out with how unpleasant it was.

Honestly best bet is to not mess with anything and hope it goes away one day if you can live with the symptoms. Exercise, a clean/balanced diet with whole foods and no processed foods, and good social support mechanisms are the best things you can do for yourself.

I appreciate your response! I too think this is all anxiety but I have had these weird visual disturbances for 10 months now that it’s hard to think it’s just anxiety but then again who knows. Our minds our powerful and can make us physically sick as my step mother who is a mental health therapist says.
My dosing was .15 grams but I am a small female of about 115 pounds (now I am 102 pounds gotta love that anxiety) so my first roll was intense as I metabolize drugs very fast. My roll hit me in about 10 minutes when it’s supposed to hit you in 30. And I was throwing up a lot after I ingested the mdma.
I’m hoping this medicine works for me as well and I hope I can report back here if anyone else is going through this as well.
What I can say about (possibly) having Hppd for almost a year now is IT DOES GET BETTER 100%. The anxiety is what kills you. I have learned to not let things bother my (fully) and at times I don’t notice it. I don’t have geometric patterns or walls breathing however.
If you continue with it, can you please report back on how you are doing? I suffer similar symptoms and would love to know what helps

If you continue with it, can you please report back on how you are doing? I suffer similar symptoms and would love to know what helps
well it’s been one week an nothing more negative has happened to me. I would even say some things seem better and some seem worse. What does seem worse to me is the ghosting and afterimages at times but that’s also because I feel more anxious then I have been feeling so I could be looking for them more. I feel like the blue field has gotten a little better and that some of my afterimages have also gotten better. So all in all 1 week I have I guess no improvement but nothing negative either. What I can say is I’m more anxious and sad and my head hurts more. Now I’m afraid to stop the medicine because I have a fear of getting worse if I stop lol this suck

well it’s been one week an nothing more negative has happened to me. I would even say some things seem better and some seem worse. What does seem worse to me is the ghosting and afterimages at times but that’s also because I feel more anxious then I have been feeling so I could be looking for them more. I feel like the blue field has gotten a little better and that some of my afterimages have also gotten better. So all in all 1 week I have I guess no improvement but nothing negative either. What I can say is I’m more anxious and sad and my head hurts more. Now I’m afraid to stop the medicine because I have a fear of getting worse if I stop lol this suck
Thanks for your response - I may try it. I don’t have the same symtoms but I feel like I’m living in a bubble because my eyes are so messed up