View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

HPPD mainly consisting of headspace?

galaxy5000

Greenlighter
So 3,5 months ago I did a low dose of mushrooms and I feel different since then, like something in me has changed.
I have some visuals but they do not bother me a lot. It is mostly moving shadow patterns on the wall, sometimes flashes in the corner of my eye, some CEVs. Sometimes I also have some white dots floating in front of my eye.
I also had some strong anxiety with depersonalization and derealization (or at least I thought it was).
The main problem has been some flashback-like feeling that I got regularly. It is like a very dark feeling, a feeling of loneliness and despair. I got this on shrooms and it feels it made an imprint on my brain. In the first two months I regularly had these very intense flashbacks which have been very uncomfortable.
By now it feels like my state kind of "flattened out". So I do not really get wave-like flashbacks but I am mostly feeling the same over the whole day. The thing is, I feel different. I do not feel like I used to. It just feels like something is "off". I am having kind of a tingling feeling, like something in my brain chemistry has changed. I also still feel kind of "dark" and like I am isolated from the world. But then again it often feels like some kind of "light" is burning inside me, I thought this could be from a high serotonin level but I haven't got this checked yet.
For like two months after the mushroom experience I did not really consider it to be HPPD but then I started to wonder more about my visuals and I started to read a lot about HPPD and this got me in a constant state of worry of having fucked up my mind irreversibly.
I think my state already kind of improved and I am rather hopeful that it will improve more and I might feel like my old self again.
But my question is, does this count as HPPD? Or is this "feeling different" some form of depersonalization/ derealization? Or has my perception just been altered?

The feelings you are having are the result of your fear of having damaged yourself from taking psychedelics. It's a self-perpetuating cycle. You really have nothing to worry about. You'll get back to normal when you let yourself get back to normal. You just need to live your life like you always have and not constantly be thinking about your vision and thought processes.

I had a similar experience when I had only tripped a few times and then took a high dose. I was terrified that I would never be the same again, and I didn't feel completely normal for a few months. I ended up realizing that I was worrying for no reason, and now I'm fine. I've taken psychedelics at least 100 times since then without any problems.

OP,

I dunno. Ever since I tried LSD I get that same observing your thoughts like tunneling into themselves sort of thing.

I think that we lose our attention to our senses early in childhood.
we stop observing "between the frames"
we ignore what is not a consensual quantized thing, so we can more quickly interact with others.

psychedelics help us see what is around us and inside of us - both what does fit pigeon holes and much that does not fit expected forms.

I think that what you are noticing is some artifacts of vision that really are part of your eye-brain experience, and that these artifacts that you are noticing have always been part of your life, ignored, not part of the daily social commerce with others.

There is more between the frames than that is framed by our culture, and it is a rich area if you dare to be creative and mine it.