View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

HPPD after one tab of acid

PhilipLethman

Greenlighter
I'd rather not mention my age as I'm too young for this to be happening to me.

Since 4 months from now, I've had hppd from one tab of acid. My HPPD has been very strong and I can ignore it but there are moments where it gets very bad due to stress.
My friend took 2 of the tabs I took and had none of these such effects. I took them in a bad place (At my friends house in his room with parents next door.), which I know is stupid of me,
but I can't understand how I can have such sever HPPD from such a low dose of LSD. The trip lasted an unusal 18 hours and I got terified towards the end when I had to speak to my parents on the substance without them realising.
2 months into my HPPD i decided to take a quarter tab of acid to see if I could feel anything as I heard that the average person can almost not feel a quarter tab. I felt
some quite powerful effects and I'm thinking that LSD just hits me harder than usual. I need some advice on if I should consult someone. I can't tell my parents. I havn't done any drugs ( aside from
the occasion nos balloon) since but I do drink almost every weekend. I get negative after-images, bad visual snow on walls. What scares me the most is that when I stare at something still for
too long I can enter a trance state where I feel like I'm tripping but less powerfully, the shadows of objects move around and I see many strange transparent outlines that move out of place (hard to explain.)
If anyone has advice I would really appreciate it. It hasn't got any better or worse but I don't want this to remain permanently as it had an effect on my exams last year and I can't let it affect my exams
coming up in 6 months.

EDIT :

I am sure I have HPPD as I have all the symptons for it 24/7 apart from halos. Obviously, I will never take psychedelics again but I want to know weather alcohol makes hppd worse as I drink a lot and I really enjoy it. I'm a heavyweight to alcohol so I have never thrown up even after drinking some very large doses but I know my limits and I make sure I don't go too near them. But if alcohol has a bad affect on hppd I'll stop drinking. Also I always like to have cofee in the morning but I've stopped having it as it does boost my after images and visual snow by quite a bit. Thank you very much for your advice and if more people could give me their opinions I would be ever so thankful as I have never heard of hppd quite this bad after only one real trip which frankly frightens me and makes me think I have this for life :(

Last edited:
The best thing to do is to try not to think about it/ignore it. Sounds hard but focusing on it will only make it worse. Anxiety brings it out as well.

You probably don't have HPPD proper because it's really rare, you're most likely just noticing the visual defects that everyone lives with and ignores. Avoid doing balloons for awhile, cut back on the drinking, avoid smoking pot and try to relax. There's no rush to try everything at your age and your brain isn't done growing yet. Set some goals and focus on them, eventually some months will go by and you'll realize you haven't even thought about this in awhile.

If you have only done nangs and drinks maybe you caught your brain off guard? Take with much salt.. But maybe it affected you so hard because of your lack of experience with psychedelics. Ontop of that you could be right about trips affecting you more, which would probably have to do with your chemistry and age.

Ide say dont do anymore acid for a long while though, assuming you want your symptoms to reside. Ide stay away from anything psychoactive at this point in your sitch. Yes drinks included, drinking isnt as good as people make out.

I would also suggest telling your parents, its in their best interest to help you through your troubles even if its drugs. I know what its like having to admit youve done this and that. But often it causes more problems trying to hide it. IMO atleast.
As i said take with much salt im
Not a scientist, just tripped a lot and have slight visual distrotions n stuff while im not onit. Personally i enjoy it..

I'd say not to tell anyone. Unless of course your shrink is Rick Doblin. It's like star trek talking to the flinestones.

People who are doctors or parents and haven't used drugs have a very schism-esque archetypal sort of A and E intervention aspect.

They don't sit and say, wow, this guy is literally seeing things change and move and morph and it might have some sort of psychological significance. They say, "kid did drugs now hes talking some other gibberish."

Take your typical i dunno, fucking blog, and whoa sixties flower power drugs. Do any of these people understand what happened on an evolutionary level in society? Of course not.

If you have hppd learn to not stare. Also, learn to move your eyes around to reset your glance. Do not use drugs at a young age.

And up at above, nitrous can probably put you at ++++'s easier than most drugs.

By the way OP, a lot of what you describe doesn't sound like hppd. You may have for example hypomania.

Hmm, the human vehicle can certainly scare the driver.
The mental contents of an enhanced mind are enhanced as well as the reactions to them are enhanced.

But the driver self and body are one. you can easily get startled by the echoes of enlarged passing thoughts, and those startled reactions can echo scarily over the following moments.

You are young and need to learn what you are, not just as a young person who chums with other young people and does young people things.
You have noticed that you are not just a character in a family and in a classroom, but a human being with several things going on at once and some still developing towards maturity.

You notice that when you concentrate or focus that it brings on a state.

All the yogis and meditating buddhas are using that property of mind where focusing encourages greater resonance and "depersonalization" like effects.
Ever wonder what the significance of a GONG is?

Mind is not just a recorder or a television. Study it as much as you can.

Also people have different sensitivities to psychedelics (and other drugs) - I usually find 1/4 tabs intense.

If you are very uncomfortable, and want to get help with your family on side, that can be ok too, but at that point you turn a corner from which there is no turning back, you will be in the system, and that can have even more effect on your mental contents for a longer time than having a strong trip has had.

I recommend chilling (no drugs) and reading and focusing on personal development including school for now.

Try not to stare too much, and try not to fixate your thoughts on it. Like others have said, you now notice things you didn't notice before. Focus on your daily life and a healthy lifestyle. Give it some time, it will get better.

Like others have said, individual sensitivity to drugs can vary greatly. Some people need a lot more (or a lot less) than others. It's good to know at what end of the spectrum you are. And the strength of drugs can also vary a lot. Some tabs are very strong while others are quite weak. Always err on the side of caution when deciding how much to take.

Well after my first 2c-e trip I thought I had HPPD, when I would zone out on something I would notice it move and drift slightly, and this still happens to this day.
However I found it likely wasn't HPPD but just me noticing the inherent imperfections in my visual perception, many other people have noted similar things even as children before they had ever touched a psychedelic drug.

How exactly do the HPPD symptoms manifest?

zackly, I have always seen text book images that look like bacteria under a microscope when I look at a white wall - minor imperfections in my organic visual apparatus.

When I was a lot younger, I struggled with HPPD while none of my friends did as well. I personally feel like it comes from being predisposed to some anxiety disorder... and anxiety makes you focus way too hard on things. My life was hell for years because of the HPPD that I couldn't get rid of... it's gone away entirely as I've gotten older though. I also noticed that smoking weed would make it much, much worse so I would stay clear of that for a little bit if you do smoke!

I have HPPD as well. After awhile though you start to begin to get used to it and it becomes the new normal. I obtained mine from a heavy dose of acid mixed with 325mg of DPH. I experience mainly half invisible visual snow when outside in sunny weather. Other times inside my house while I'm on my PC I get the occassional breathing sensation for a brief moment.

I'm sure I have HPPD as I'm getting very powerful negative after images and constant visual snow which are hard to ignore. I'm trying to set some goals but with so much work building up it is hard to stick a routine.

Well after my first 2c-e trip I thought I had HPPD, when I would zone out on something I would notice it move and drift slightly, and this still happens to this day.
However I found it likely wasn't HPPD but just me noticing the inherent imperfections in my visual perception, many other people have noted similar things even as children before they had ever touched a psychedelic drug.

How exactly do the HPPD symptoms manifest?
I have constant visual snow. As in I see grainy visuals on walls and even objects 24/7 and my whole vision gets pixelated in the dark, like a bad quality phone picture at night. I get after images when I stare at objects, but in there negative colour and usualy with edges not in focus. And finally when I read, letters vibrate and I get lots of small after images. Colours are harder to distinguish now and my visual snow has got worse because I pay too much attention to it. I just don't feel like its ever going to go.